AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 19, 2008
lamberts beach
AFL Club
St Kilda
Too much self glorification at club and League level.
Folk more interested in their life membership and and awards than the betterment of football in the region.
Add in a series of dud AFL Q managers and you have the recipe for the current disaster .

Fastbowler21

Rookie
Feb 3, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Too much self glorification at club and League level.
Folk more interested in their life membership and and awards than the betterment of football in the region.
Add in a series of dud AFL Q managers and you have the recipe for the current disaster .

Name and shame? ??

Small Forward

Rookie
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The interesting thing will be how will the Magpies players that have been there the last few seasons, especially their Juniors, feel about Downesy recruiting multi players from other teams, pretty sure he would've promised all the recruits a game in the ones!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLMackayFan

Rookie
Feb 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bakers are going to smash the 2s this year. But there wasn’t much they could do when they lost 4-5 of their top notch players from last year to Magpies. I’m looking forward to seeing how the year progresses. Think there is a few teams with a great chance of taking the comp out. Magpies recruiting has clearly gone well (with the stand out being Downsey, a great coach) but they recruited some stars last year that didn’t perform so only time will tell. I don’t really think people should care if they pay players or not, it doesn’t change anything. I hope it’s a closer year than Whitsundays dominance last year. I don’t know who the sleepers will be this year probably the saints who narrowly missed out on the GF last year.

Bettingadvisor

Debutant
Apr 13, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Was at our home ground on Saturday playing host to the hawks for there intra club practice match...
They had a few swift movers for pre season and a few returning faces in decent looking shape. Notably Stow, Waldron, Berts, Liam wade, heath brown(back at his home ground)& patty curtain.
A couple of has beens but they looked fit and keen

AFLMackayFan

Rookie
Feb 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As a whole the carnival was a great day, good to see how the teams are looking, Whitsunday will be hard to beat this year, North Mackay had some good recruits. Swannies held their own, Magpies looked good but should have been better, Bakers did well under the circumstances and Hawks played hard tough footy. Gonna be a great season ahead!

Coalminer

Draftee
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wait until round 1 in a couple of weeks! Most teams had players missing..
Great to see Nathan Peters yelling abuse at his own team mates during the game... Some things never change..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back