AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Hammered

Draftee
Sep 18, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Given the amount of money invested by QAFL into Harrup Park it is quite concerning how they continually treat the AFL community in the Mackay region. As players, you are denied access to the ground/s until Cricket season has been completed but there is no reciprocation towards the end of the Football season. Just ask the Hawks what access they get during the year....
The Harrup Park board is primarily made up of members with interests only in Cricket and shall protect that at all costs even to the demise of local AFL in Mackay.
It is time that the major finals series is shared further and amongst others, with the games played based on ladder position, not outdated preseason carnivals agreements.
Without some backbone from the league board and the local AFL representatives or even from down south if the need be, Harrup Park shall always do as they please and nothing shall change.... Maybe there is a potential for a practical President with a vision beyond the next 12 months to lead all Presidents in bringing this to a head instead being single minded and looking outside of the box for the longevity of the game in Mackay....
Bye the way.... The MRC just sponsored an AFL women's team to promote football in Mackay... Money would have been better spent on assisting some local clubs update facilities for the women we currently have than the ones we don't....

Shadow2

Draftee
Jan 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Given the amount of money invested by QAFL into Harrup Park it is quite concerning how they continually treat the AFL community in the Mackay region. As players, you are denied access to the ground/s until Cricket season has been completed but there is no reciprocation towards the end of the Football season. Just ask the Hawks what access they get during the year....
The Harrup Park board is primarily made up of members with interests only in Cricket and shall protect that at all costs even to the demise of local AFL in Mackay.
It is time that the major finals series is shared further and amongst others, with the games played based on ladder position, not outdated preseason carnivals agreements.
Without some backbone from the league board and the local AFL representatives or even from down south if the need be, Harrup Park shall always do as they please and nothing shall change.... Maybe there is a potential for a practical President with a vision beyond the next 12 months to lead all Presidents in bringing this to a head instead being single minded and looking outside of the box for the longevity of the game in Mackay....
Bye the way.... The MRC just sponsored an AFL women's team to promote football in Mackay... Money would have been better spent on assisting some local clubs update facilities for the women we currently have than the ones we don't....

Well said, I know the question was asked at start of year when most clubs where present about GF and other finals being played back where local footy belongs and where spectators will enjoy it again, away from Harrup park, in the end the answer was from AFLQ all finals at Harrup park???? I know from experience that GF day alone can bring in up to $30k in a day for a club which used to keep that club going until there next turn 4 or 5 years later. I know if it keeps being all about Harrup park and people thinking the place is good for our sport so many more locals that love our game will be lost to the game locally, like so many others already.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FOTC

Debutant
Dec 15, 2011
Paget
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow, facebook is blowing today about Bakers Creek becoming the Pioneer Tigers. Lots of for and against comments but doesn't it come down to survival of the club to ensure a further 40 years of history. If the current committee believe this is the correct direction then back them up. If you don't agree then raise your hand at the AGM and make a difference. History and legacy are great, and much better when there is an active club attached to it.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wow, facebook is blowing today about Bakers Creek becoming the Pioneer Tigers. Lots of for and against comments but doesn't it come down to survival of the club to ensure a further 40 years of history. If the current committee believe this is the correct direction then back them up. If you don't agree then raise your hand at the AGM and make a difference. History and legacy are great, and much better when there is an active club attached to it.

The society we live in, everyone is always happy to give it to those working hard to obviously keep a struggling club a-float. So much easier to produce negative comments from behind a screen of a computer or phone - wonder if any of them turned up to the club AGM?

Extratesty

Rookie
Oct 9, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Is there job opportunities for footballers up in Mackay from Victoria to get jobs in the mines whilst having a kick. Looking at moving up somewhere north qld after Christmas for better work oppotunities with my small family. 29yrs old played high level of country Victorian football as a mid/half back, past 3 years have won 3 b&f.

peter duncan

albows
Sep 4, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is there job opportunities for footballers up in Mackay from Victoria to get jobs in the mines whilst having a kick. Looking at moving up somewhere north qld after Christmas for better work oppotunities with my small family. 29yrs old played high level of country Victorian football as a mid/half back, past 3 years have won 3 b&f.
yes mackay magpies are looking for a half back got contact with mine work call Brandon Ross on 0414482588

Last edited:

Footy is Footy

Draftee
Dec 3, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Mackay City Hawks are looking for new players. There are plenty of job opportunities as well & you can call the new coach Brad Best on 0419 769 645

1iAi

Draftee
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whitsunday Sea Eagles are looking for players give Chris Morrison a call 0457522581 Airlie beach is paradise the place to live only a couple hours to the mines

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you are attending the Gold Coast V Western Bulldogs game this weekend, please drop by the Q150 Tent & say G'day. We will have people there, including co-author, Murray Bird, who will be keen to show you the new Qld football history book, "More Of The Kangaroo".
At over 1000 pages of content, including a chapter for the Mackay competition, there is something for every local football supporter.
20181213_135250.jpg

AFLMackayFan

Rookie
Feb 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will be interesting to see who performs at the pre season carnival and for the season, will Whitsunday have a decent team or have a few gone back to Moranbah? will the Saints be able to string a whole season together? will the Swans continue their solid consistent seasons? will the Magpies actually be able to play as a team? Will Hawks be able to go back to their old dominance? Are Moranbah ready for their return? Are Bakers creek going to be able to handle seniors?

Looking forward to it!

I don't think much will be learnt, I'm hearing it's an AFLX format.

As for Whitsunday, let's hope that the 173-0 hiding they recieved today by a Yeppoon side that were without 8 players in the 2018 premiership side (a couple have left) isn't a sign of things to come. That's not a typo, Whitsunday didn't score.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't think much will be learnt, I'm hearing it's an AFLX format.

As for Whitsunday, let's hope that the 173-0 hiding they recieved today by a Yeppoon side that were without 8 players in the 2018 premiership side (a couple have left) isn't a sign of things to come. That's not a typo, Whitsunday didn't score.

Wow. Ouch, to zip as well.

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gee that is an absolute hammering.i know it’s only a pre season cup but I would have thought the Mackay league be at least on par if not stronger than Capricornia.i Know Yeppoon have been super strong the past 4 years but Airlie went back to back in their Comp also.travel certainly would have something to do with player availability and result

Gee that is an absolute hammering.i know it’s only a pre season cup but I would have thought the Mackay league be at least on par if not stronger than Capricornia.i Know Yeppoon have been super strong the past 4 years but Airlie went back to back in their Comp also.travel certainly would have something to do with player availability and result

Would think so on the surface, but when the visitors travel 4.5 hours and field such a strong lineup it probably says a little about their culture and hunger. Of the 8 that were missing from the premiership side at least 5 will come back into calculations (thankfully the bloke who kicked 5 in a quarter on me last year has headed to Brisbane!)

Shadow2

Draftee
Jan 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Would think so on the surface, but when the visitors travel 4.5 hours and field such a strong lineup it probably says a little about their culture and hunger. Of the 8 that were missing from the premiership side at least 5 will come back into calculations (thankfully the bloke who kicked 5 in a quarter on me last year has headed to Brisbane!)

If Whitsunday had there GF side or even close, they would of made it a good game. But unfortunately by all reports the sea eagles have lost multiple players, most work has finished up after cyclone and plenty have moved on. Also with Moranbah starting back up in the seniors competition means a couple will probably move back out there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Small Forward

Rookie
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How is Bangers still allowed on the football field? I thought he got banned a few years ago? His actions are a terrible advertisement for our game. Sent off AGAIN on the weekend. Some people never change.

1iAi

Draftee
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How is Bangers still allowed on the football field? I thought he got banned a few years ago? His actions are a terrible advertisement for our game. Sent off AGAIN on the weekend. Some people never change.
Really!! what did he do wrong didn’t schooler throw a punch at him the funny thing was seeing schooler back at magpies 😂

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Opening round in Mackay, pumped as! Looking forward to the Sea Eagles and Magpies going head to head.

My tips;

Sea Eagles to def Magpies
Saints to def Swans
Hawks to def Tigers

Tipping Sea Eagles to easily account for the Magpies, Saints and Swans to be the match of the round and the returning Tigers won't be able to match rivals Hawks who should in by 6+ goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back