Game Day AFL Marsh Series: Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've wondered this for a while actually. Probably since Max Bailey was the ruck for Hawks in the 2013 GF... up against Sandilands.

West Coast won a premiership in 2018 with Vardy and Lycett, and in 2016 the Bullies played Jordan Roughhead and used Boyd around the ground.

I'm in 2 minds, but the evidence seems to point that we over-value rucks at the pointy end of the season.
Agree, nobody will said anything if Melbourne pick Hayden Young or aish at pick 3.

Richmond's depth looks very average. Collingwood put the foot down in the first quarter then last quarter and blew them away easily both tmes, with their own depth.

Dusty and Cotch were both unsighted all day and what is with our non existent million dollar forward line? Both Lynch and Riewoldt didn't hit the scoreboard once between them.
Subtle attempt at excuse making, but did you see who the other team was missing? The jokes on you sport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond would be hoping they don’t have to face Collingwood in September if they wanna win another flag.

you do realise this is the Marsh cup, right? Literally no one, other than maybe you, looks toward it for anything other than cheap super coach pickups.
Coming from the guy whose club was playing a full list during practise matches a fortnight or so ago.. all im saying is your bottom 30 players on their own look very poor, dont know why youre getting so defensive about this statement.

Richmond’s top few players make their middle tier look far better than it actually is.

This result was always going to be on the cards.

Last edited:
Dusty and Cotch were both unsighted all day and what is with our non existent million dollar forward line? Both Lynch and Riewoldt didn't hit the scoreboard once between them.
I thought Grundy, Pendlebury, Moore, Sidebottom, Howe & Stephenson were disappointing.

Subtle attempt at excuse making, but did you see who the other team was missing? The jokes on you sport
I'm not joking around. I'm very worried. We won't even beat...i dunno... any other teams at this rate. Imagine if we cop a heap of injuries early in the season and get written off by footy scholars such as your good self too. I mean, no team can compete let alone win flags when they lose stars early on. You know?

Good hit out for us.
I like Ross in the middle - he will make a decent 2nd stringer when Dusty Cotchin and Edwards return. Ditto Pickett.

Our forward line was a shambles. I wonder if Lynch and Riewoldt would have been better targets than Mabior today. Probably. Dimma could have cheated to compete and play Caddy up there but stuck to plan to having him as the running winger on the far side.

I really liked Baker off the half back/wing. Thought he did some good things. He might push further toward the wing position with Houli returning.

Balta looks like he’s going to be hit or miss in key defence this year, but I think we ride it out like we did with rance as a junior.

Great to see Higgins back also but he understandably looked underdone.

For round one the only change i see to our flag team would be Balta for Ellis, with Baker playing wing. Graham and Stack on the cusp.

Some of the Pies kids looked good. That bloke at CHB impressed but i think he will be depth this year with Moore and Howe coming back. The Irish guy looked decent as well, but I think he too will be depth. Cox looked dangerous too. Hopefully he has a good run with injuries this year.

Cameron looks a find and I think he may play some games this year if Buckley decides to go super tall. Very impressive.

Hopefully the injury to Treloar isn’t too bad.

Worrying signs, bottom 8 on the cards.

Balta and Chol were extremely disappointing.

All the talk coming out of the Richmond intraclub was about how much deep the current list is.

We did not see that today.

I was expecting more from Riley Collier-Dawkins. Wasn't he the guy Tom Morris told us to watch out for and Dimma said is like Patrick Dangerfield?

All that talk and he gets 8 disposals and one clearance....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back