Opinion AFL Mascots need an upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
It amazes me that clubs put such little effort into their mascots. In today's AFL climate there is rarely a lead up game before the main game. This means you sit there and listen to an loud voiceover guy ,talking s**t about telcos or cars.The only real entertainment is looking at what hi-jinx your goofy mascot will get up to.For the most part, the mascots are cheap and poorly made.Doesn't make sense to me when there is so much money in the game. Lift your game clubs and give the kids some entertainment. Here is a conga line of dissapointing mascots.Apologies to the old 'Captain Carlton' from 15 years ago, who used to do good acrobatic stuff. o-PORT-ADELAIDE-MASCOT-570.jpg o-HAWTHORN-MASCOT-570.jpg o-GWS-MASCOT-570.jpg o-SYDNEY-SWANS-MASCOT-570.jpg images (96).jpeg o-MELBOURNE-DEMONS-MASCOT-570.jpg o-ST-KILDA-MASCOT-570.jpg o-CAPTAIN-CARLTON-570.jpg o-WESTERN-BULLDOGS-MASCOT-570.jpg o-FREMANTLE-MASCOT-570.jpg

Last edited:

If you are relying on mascots and even prematch entertainment to bolster memebership and attendance at games, you really need to question your Football Department.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If only the football department could put their Collective Minds together i'm sure they'd come up with good options for increasing membership via performance.

If you are relying on mascots and even prematch entertainment to bolster memebership and attendance at games, you really need to question your Football Department.......

It's an easy way to promote the club.There would be thousands of children who go to games and their main highlight is the mascot.

Excuse me, who the * do you think you are? How dare you call Caesar "disappointing", he is the greatest mascot the AFL has ever seen

It's an easy way to promote the club.There would be thousands of children who go to games and their main highlight is the mascot.
Then the parents of those children need a very stern talking to.
Or taken out the back and shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only the football department could put their Collective Minds together i'm sure they'd come up with good options for increasing membership via performance.
Our mascot is still struggling after having to sit on that bus for 24 hours with "Tigerland" on loop....

I thought the bucket of hot chips was the main highlight for anyone under 12?

Huge scandal with ours. Apparently the air-con hasn't been working for years and the junior players hate being G-man because it's so uncomfortable.

Not sure about GIGI but stay tuned for scuttlebutt

Should we compare the modern day equivalents to some past efforts?

1546828402062.png
A sunken hovercraft

1546828428271.png
A rogue elephant

1546828505926.png
'Snorty' the Giant sausage-man

North Melbourne went from images.jpeg.jpg

....to this 030518_MascotLarge.jpg
Not much of an improvement. The kangaroo should be bigger, with a longer tail and a professional acrobat doing some serious jumping ect

latest

Looks like Brisbane have been buying their mascots from the Salvos opp shop
. 30539cbaffb70b7edb74179593f56a74.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back