Opinion AFL Mascots need an upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to go down the Partick Thistle route of a deformed Lisa Simpson.

90183238_kingsley-278297.jpg

Look at this pancake head mascot ,looks like it is wearing an incontinence pad. 2272772_1_O.jpg

He must be a busy boy on derby day.
He's Eagles mascots for all Derby's - even away. Eagles employee first and foremost.

He also does the wildcats. Comes down from the roof at beginning of games.

He's a professional - he can actually do flips etc in costume, unlike other clubs that are just randoms in a suit, and works for West Coast for school visits etc.

The fact he works for multiple clubs does not present badly for West Coast. Just shows they've employed someone in high demand.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's Eagles mascots for all Derby's - even away. Eagles employee first and foremost.

He also does the wildcats. Comes down from the roof at beginning of games.

He's a professional - he can actually do flips etc in costume, unlike other clubs that are just randoms in a suit, and works for West Coast for school visits etc.

The fact he works for multiple clubs does not present badly for West Coast. Just shows they've employed someone in high demand.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why don't you pay him a bit more and tell him not to do freo games? Is nothing sacred in AFL these days? Next thing will be west coast and freo sharing fitness coaches!

Omg, this is what I'm talking about, West Coast and Freo use the same guy as their mascot!Appalling for clubs which turn over over $100million ! https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...gles-and-dockers-mascots-20170511-gw2qd5.html

"I keep it very quiet. When someone says they are an Eagles supporter I say, 'funny that I'm an Eagles mascot'.
"If someone says they are a Dockers fan. I say 'I'm the Dockers mascot and they love it'.
"If I tell them I'm both, I'm hated by everyone," he said.

Keeping it extremely quiet by revealing it to a newspaper... and also tells the newspaper "IF I tell i'm both, i'm hated by everyone"... good to see this bloke reached the level of intellect required to be a team mascot.

Stuff small children.

I hate all the mascots, especially ours. At best even looking at them makes me feel awkward and embarrassed, but even more often I find them even more creepy and frightening than empty ventriloquist dummies. Ugh. AFL mascots with their horrible big bobbly heads and their cold dead eyes. I’m half convinced they are the first stage of an alien auton invasion like that horrible 70s Dr Who episode where all the shop dummies started killing people.

More cheer leaders and kiss cam segments too please.
Kiss cam could be good, cheerleaders more of a Sydney or US sports thing.We're too intellectual down here in Melbourne for cheer girls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kiss cam could be good, cheerleaders more of a Sydney or US sports thing.We're too intellectual down here in Melbourne for cheer girls.

Come to Collingwood games if you want kiss cam. We’ve got dancers too.

It's an easy way to promote the club.There would be thousands of children who go to games and their main highlight is the mascot.

Not for me it wasn't, sure it wasn't for you either - it was the footy and seeing your footy heroes play like heroes............ although I didn't mind the bluebirds whenever they were on the telly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back