Portfolio AFL Max Concept (AFLX but better)

Remove this Banner Ad

dino_67

The first int'l Persib Bandung supporter
Jul 25, 2021
North of Naan Yarr Biss
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Persib Bandung (EST.1933),
Inspired by Matt N's video here:

I was watching some taped footy matches when I stumbled across this:
maxresdefault.jpg

It got me thinking, what if this was played indoors similarly to padel tennis?
So I developed:
AFL MAX Logo.jpg

Designed to be played on a field the size of a basketball court or a soccer field, AFL Max is the way to play footy during the summer.
There are two main "versions" of the game: Competitive and Recreational.
Table describing the differences:
Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 12.35.41 pm.png
The competitive field layout is down here.
AFL MAX Field.jpg
A recreational field layout (on a basketball court) would be using one forward, two midfielders (one doubling as a ruck) and one defender.
Goals are worth six, behinds are worth 3 points.
Other rules
  • Two halves, 20 minutes each half with intervals called out by coaches, similar to basketball. In an event that the match is a draw, a 10 minute extra time would take place.
  • Players must have three hand passes / handballs to three different players before attempting to score.
  • Midfielders can enter both forward and defence zones, but forwards cannot enter their defensive zone and vice-versa.
  • Kick-ins from every score, whether a goal of behind.
  • Rushed behinds will result in a free kick from the opposition.
  • The only kicks allowed during play are from kick-ins from scores and out-of-bounds, free kicks, and goals. Otherwise, during running play only handballs are permitted. In recreational mode, the only kicks permitted would be goal kicks. Everything else would only be handballs.
  • Only one running bounce is allowed during possession of a ball. This is to create a fast paced game that prevents the ball from continuously going from one end to another.
  • Players have ten seconds to dispose of the ball. For free kicks and kick-ins, they have 15. (No set shots, as they will be treated as free kicks.
As said earlier, this would ideally be played during the off-season. It could be played indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather.
These would be my personal improvements to AFLX, and I hope to trial it with some mates soon.

Inspired by Matt N's video here:

I was watching some taped footy matches when I stumbled across this:
maxresdefault.jpg

It got me thinking, what if this was played indoors similarly to padel tennis?
So I developed:
View attachment 1549637

Designed to be played on a field the size of a basketball court or a soccer field, AFL Max is the way to play footy during the summer.
There are two main "versions" of the game: Competitive and Recreational.
Table describing the differences:
View attachment 1549655
The competitive field layout is down here.
View attachment 1549657
A recreational field layout (on a basketball court) would be using one forward, two midfielders (one doubling as a ruck) and one defender.
Goals are worth six, behinds are worth 3 points.
Other rules
  • Two halves, 20 minutes each half with intervals called out by coaches, similar to basketball. In an event that the match is a draw, a 10 minute extra time would take place.
  • Players must have three hand passes / handballs to three different players before attempting to score.
  • Midfielders can enter both forward and defence zones, but forwards cannot enter their defensive zone and vice-versa.
  • Kick-ins from every score, whether a goal of behind.
  • Rushed behinds will result in a free kick from the opposition.
  • The only kicks allowed during play are from kick-ins from scores and out-of-bounds, free kicks, and goals. Otherwise, during running play only handballs are permitted. In recreational mode, the only kicks permitted would be goal kicks. Everything else would only be handballs.
  • Only one running bounce is allowed during possession of a ball. This is to create a fast paced game that prevents the ball from continuously going from one end to another.
  • Players have ten seconds to dispose of the ball. For free kicks and kick-ins, they have 15. (No set shots, as they will be treated as free kicks.
As said earlier, this would ideally be played during the off-season. It could be played indoors or outdoors, depending on the weather.
These would be my personal improvements to AFLX, and I hope to trial it with some mates soon.

I think something like this has serious potential, I know arena football is a bit of a joke to some NFL fans in the US but I reckon it’s interesting to see them try something different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back