AFL MCD Video Card - CD-Roms

Remove this Banner Ad

Munners

Senior List
Apr 5, 2017
Limestone Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi I've purchased some AFL MCD Video Cards off eBay made in 1999. They only run on Windows 3.1, 95, 98 and NT but I thought it would be fine because I could still access the video file.

The video file is avi, the audio works but not the video because it runs on the MVI 2 codec which was commonly used on these Movie CDs at the time. The problem is that this codec was never updated to newer Windows because the format is flawed.

How can I convert the video so I can upload it to YouTube? Here's an example of one of the CDs, not sure how they got it to work. Was it you? SJ

Here's some pics of the CDs
AFL-Collectible-CD-ROM-Video-Cards-1999-8-in.jpg

Matthew-Richardson-Richmond-Thats-My-AFL-Team-Collectable.jpg
Matthew-Richardson-Richmond-Thats-My-AFL-Team-Collectable-_57.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried opening them using vlc media player? If vlc media player can play them i'd bet that another program called handbrake could convert them into a working .MP4 file which could then be uploaded to YouTube.

Have you tried opening them using vlc media player? If vlc media player can play them i'd bet that another program called handbrake could convert them into a working .MP4 file which could then be uploaded to YouTube.
Yep VLC was the first thing I tried, I haven't tried handbrake yet but I doubt it would recognise the ancient MVI2 video codec.

Yep VLC was the first thing I tried, I haven't tried handbrake yet but I doubt it would recognise the ancient MVI2 video codec.
can you upload the avi somewhere and pm me a link to it? I'll have a play if you're keen. See if we can get some sort of process for converting them going.

Yes this is where I got up to before being distracted! I installed win xp on a virtual machine but ran into some codec issues. Windows 98 or 2000 might be the better bet.

Yes this is where I got up to before being distracted! I installed win xp on a virtual machine but ran into some codec issues. Windows 98 or 2000 might be the better bet.
Yeah the disc had the codec installer on it, the problem is that it doesn't work with anything past Windows 98! I wish I could get my Virtual Machine to work

I recently set up a Windows 95 emulation on PCem and was able to view my Collingwood MCD Video Card
I screen-captured it and I'll link it when I've uploaded it
I forgot about this! Thanks for that upload Alex! I will have to do the same, I have a handful of these CDs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot about this! Thanks for that upload Alex! I will have to do the same, I have a handful of these CDs.
No worries, always wanted to see that clip again
If you have any hiccups, I can record the footage with the AVI files from your disks
Good luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back