All Australian
Aug 7, 2006
Japan
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
E. Freo, Arsenal, Dallas Mavs
From the afl site
'The incident was classified as careless conduct with medium impact and high contact and caused Smith to sit out the remainder of the contest.'

I wonder if Christian knows this or just read the afl article

No need to wonder! This is the same guy who, when giving Nicnat a week's suspension last year, stated that both arms of the Port player had been pinned in the tackle, even though the vision showed that one arm was free.

8 ball

Team Captain
May 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I forgot that every single decision an umpire makes is correct and sacrosanct.

The umpire made the wrong decision. Should’ve been a free kick against Jetta for a dangerous tackle.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I forgot that every single decision an umpire makes is correct and sacrosanct.

The umpire made the wrong decision. Should’ve been a free kick against Jetta for a dangerous tackle.

But still a first don’t you agree?

Seems harsh to suspend a player for what the umpire said was fair. Good grounds for a challenge.

Smith did not play out the game due to concussion.

Open both eyes.

I distinctly recall BT saying Smith came back on during the commentary. Entirely possible he got players mixed up again so I’ll have to go back to the replay to see if it was smith

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I distinctly recall BT saying Smith came back on during the commentary. Entirely possible he got players mixed up again so I’ll have to go back to the replay to see if it was smith

I believe it was a similar situation to Amon last year, Smith came back on initially and then had to come back off due to late onset.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Noise of affirmation from the Vic media against a "no name" definately contributes imo. As does the Melbourne coach saying his player was concussed .....despite the prick playing him 5 minutes later for the rest of the game.
Think Amon came back on after the Natanui tackle.
Made no difference then, unfortunately.
Also it is unfortunate that the system is a mess with little or no communication and understanding between the MRP, the Umps and the players
There are now constant arguments and issues raised every week. eg. This very thread.

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
I posted the vision in the changes thread- he was back on the ground 5 minutes later. Dees to get done for failing to follow the concussion protocol?

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Am pretty sure that ANB didn't come back on.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Have you ever seen someone suspended for an act which won them a free? Umpire is right there and says it was fair. Should be called as a witness.
Umpires make mistakes all the time. Surely you've noticed that.
That's worth a week IMO. The player had no way to protect his head. Use both eyes, people.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Umpires make mistakes all the time. Surely you've noticed that.
That's worth a week IMO. The player had no way to protect his head. Use both eyes, people.
Well maybe the hard ground was the culprit and should be sited, earning a one week suspension.
Means that The Dockers would have to play the Lions in Brisbane next weekend.
Sounds fair.

But still a first don’t you agree?

Seems harsh to suspend a player for what the umpire said was fair. Good grounds for a challenge.

Gibbs got two weeks for this tackle that was deemed legal by the umpire on the day. It’s actually a much worse tackle, two actions instead of going down shoulder to shoulder.

Gray have prior so not given holding the ball, but the exact same situation as Jetta. Happens a fair amount with sling tackles that get picked up later.

It’s a week. It is. Unfortunate but always was a week.

Evidently “that’s a dangerous tackle” Wayne Carey has changed his stance since Gibbs.

Take the week and move on. There were two actions and Smith was clearly dazed afterwards so an appeal is very unlikely to succeed

It’s a typical outcome based suspension that would have been cleared had Smith not been hurt

The Frost tackle on Petrucelle was a great run down but had Petch hit his head on the ground and been dazed then Frost would be on the hook as well. But petch got up so no action

It’s a crap shoot that Jetta loses this time.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The relentless campaign to get Lewis Jetta looks to have paid off with the match tribunal offering him a week’s rest.

West Coast should appeal it. It was one movement.

Try and learn the rules.
It doesn't have to be a sling tackle.

Was deemed as a dangerous tackle as he pinned his arms and the guy
got concussed.

It's a week off every day of the week.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Take the week and move on. There were two actions and Smith was clearly dazed afterwards so an appeal is very unlikely to succeed

It’s a typical outcome based suspension that would have been cleared had Smith not been hurt

The Frost tackle on Petrucelle was a great run down but had Petch hit his head on the ground and been dazed then Frost would be on the hook as well. But petch got up so no action

It’s a crap shoot that Jetta loses this time.
No one is defending the action .
But the outcome is that smith came back on 5 mins later and played yet goodwin and the media saying smith didn't .

Either he is not concussed or melbourne sent him out without an assessment.

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
No one is defending the action .
But the outcome is that smith came back on 5 mins later and played yet goodwin and the media saying smith didn't .

Either he is not concussed or melbourne sent him out without an assessment.
I'm sure that's what we'll bring to the tribunal. It's pretty rubbish you can suspend someone for the look of it. Argue medium down to low impact. Fine. Move on.

Back