AFL media gets Lewis Jetta a week

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm entitled to my opinion as well.

Judging by your previous posts, you haven't really got the intelligence
to have a meaningful discussion so you have resort to puerile insults.

I would back my IQ against yours any day. There is no consistency week in week out with reports and suspensions yet you seem to think you have some sort of insight.

Spare me YTFCWTIUTA.

If he appeals and loses can he get more weeks?

If not why not have a throw at the stumps

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
No more weeks (they scrapped the discount for early pleas, which was basically scrapping the penalty for an appeal)

We do have to put up a bond, which if we lose gets included in the soft cap for football department spend (noting that our charter flight from Geelong for the stupid sunday twilight game has already been included so we won't have heaps of space, but obviously can afford the loading fine/fee if we feel we have a case).

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What should he do? Get a pillow to lay the players head on?
Exactly, how are you supposed to tackle a person without pinning both arms when their arms are aren't raised, ask him to lift one arm up so he can break his fall, there are dozens of more forceful tackles every week where a players arms are pinned and they are brought to the ground, but as long as their head doesn't hit the ground it's all good. It's like russian roulette only different.

Exactly, how are you supposed to tackle a person without pinning both arms when their arms are aren't raised, ask him to lift one arm up so he can break his fall, there are dozens of more forceful tackles every week where a players arms are pinned and they are brought to the ground, but as long as their head doesn't hit the ground it's all good. It's like russian roulette only different.
You can pin both arms. Doing so is ideal because it limits how they can possibly dispose of the ball. Just don't throw them to the ground.

My biggest issue is that Jetta couldn't have been any slower in putting him to ground. He didn't lift him or sling him, he basically just leant into it and down they toppled in slow motion. That's the whole point of the tackle, that's how you get HTB.
Its almost like smith who ìs 20kgs heavier than jetta just let him take him to ground without any resistance . Maybe he was doing it to hold up play

The worst part was that yeo had the melbourne player cold HTB and thats why smith stopped in the first place

Smith did just fall over. He was looking to see what the umpire would do rather than making an attempt to get out of the Jetta tackle and Jetta was doing his best to get him to drop the ball. In the end they just kind of toppled down. Unfortunately with the arms pinned, it's on Jetta to protect his head.

Has there been an official Melbourne medical report released? Here is the charge: "The incident was classified as careless conduct with medium impact and high contact and caused Smith to sit out the remainder of the contest."

But he obviously came back on the field and was there with less than 10 minutes to go when the tackled happened with 16 minutes to go. I've seen no mention of a delayed concussion (only repeated articles that 3 Demons were concussed). TY24 you seem to know that there was a late onset concussion, do you have any links?

I distinctly recall BT saying Smith came back on during the commentary. Entirely possible he got players mixed up again so I’ll have to go back to the replay to see if it was smith

Was actually Bruce agreeing with Duck that he was back on.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of people in here who don't understand it's possible to tackle someone without slamming their head into the turf is concerning.
More concerning is a so called AFL enthusiast who cant understand that injuries can happen in AFL. Tackling... can cause injuries. You do actually give me the shits.

The amount of people in here who don't understand it's possible to tackle someone without slamming their head into the turf is concerning.
He didnt slam his head to thw ground forcefully IMO. Itwasnt a sling tackle nor a dangerous tackle. 9 times out of 10 we see that tackle applied with more force and the player being tackled does not get a Concussion.

That said we all knew it was an automatic week due to the MRO outcomes based sanctioning.

He should tackle him in a way that doesn’t result in his head slamming into the turf. Not a hard concept.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pinning the arms and bringing the opponent to the ground is the best way to earn a free as its hard for the player to legally dispose of the ball

As is evident when the umpire paid the free to jetta.

Your getting a bit hysterical in describing jettas action as slamming smits head on the turf. That was like a 3/10 slam force.

Btw what kind of narcissist likes their own post?

why is "arms pinned" a factor that gets a tackler suspended? When you tackle an opponent with the ball you are wrapping your arms around their body, from the waist to just below the shoulders. Great players gather the ball and extend their arms from their body so they can get a quick handpass away if they are tackled. If a player gets caught cold with both arms tucked in why the hell is it the tacklers fault? They are just executing a skill. And when your head is tucked in tight during a tackle youre not to know if your opponent with the ball has an arm free or not. Its ridiculous.

Pinning the arms and bringing the opponent to the ground is the best way to earn a free as its hard for the player to legally dispose of the ball

As is evident when the umpire paid the free to jetta.

Your getting a bit hysterical in describing jettas action as slamming smits head on the turf. That was like a 3/10 slam force.

Btw what kind of narcissist likes their own post?

If it says I’ve liked my own post then it’s a glitch, I’m on my phone which doesn’t even give me the option to like my own posts.

The simple fact is, if you cause someone else to hit their head and become concussed due to your tackling action then you’ll be suspended. That has been the standard for a number of seasons now.

why is "arms pinned" a factor that gets a tackler suspended?
Because with arms pinned, a player has no ability to protect their head in a fall to the ground
So in that situation it is the tackler's responsibility to tackle in such a way as not to slam the head into the turf.
If a player has an arm free then they will naturally use it to protect themselves. (or if for some reason they choose not to, it's not the tackler's fault)

More concerning is a so called AFL enthusiast who cant understand that injuries can happen in AFL. Tackling... can cause injuries. You do actually give me the shits.

Yeah it can, and unfortunately Jetta tackled Smith in a way that was dangerous and likely to cause a head injury, which it did.

There are repercussions for causing someone to get concussed. Don’t get shitty just because I’m looking at this impartially without my blue and gold goggles on.

why is "arms pinned" a factor that gets a tackler suspended? When you tackle an opponent with the ball you are wrapping your arms around their body, from the waist to just below the shoulders. Great players gather the ball and extend their arms from their body so they can get a quick handpass away if they are tackled. If a player gets caught cold with both arms tucked in why the hell is it the tacklers fault? They are just executing a skill. And when your head is tucked in tight during a tackle youre not to know if your opponent with the ball has an arm free or not. Its ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with pinning the arms as long as you don’t put the other players head in danger. If you pin their arms then cause their head to hit the ground, that’s where the problem arises.

Has anyone ever been hit with a fine for a low impact dangerous tackle?

I'm sure there must be at least one instance, but can't think of one.

It probably sums up the issue (with the whole MRO TBH) well, that it is all outcome based - and actions aren't actually punished if they don't incur major damage.

So a sling tackle with no concussion gets a free against but no MRO sanction. A dump tackle with arms pinned gets HTB, but a week off because of concussion.

It probably sums up the issue (with the whole MRO TBH) well, that it is all outcome based - and actions aren't actually punished if they don't incur major damage.
Nah. There's no Brownlow round Jetta's neck. Smith was back out there 5 minutes later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back