flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
wouldn't have happened if A- Free kick was paid for previous holding the ball that was let go or B- Smith was more aware of the situation meaning he would have been more braced for the tackle and ready for it rather than getting rag dolled.
He will cop a week. Umpire pays a free MRO gives a week. Mmmm good to see they are all on the same page.

I’m disappointed that we didn’t challenge this . We weren’t risking an extra week by being unsuccessful so it was effectively a great opportunity to challenge an iffy decision . I guess the club must’ve been advised that the odds of success would be low . Still disappointing though .

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
How does Jetta get a week and Mumford who intentionally kneed a player half his size in the ribs who was taken to hospital get nothing? Please explain.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m disappointed that we didn’t challenge this . We weren’t risking an extra week by being unsuccessful so it was effectively a great opportunity to challenge an iffy decision . I guess the club must’ve been advised that the odds of success would be low . Still disappointing though .

There was nothing "ïffy"about the decision at all.
Don't see what's iffy about pinning a guys arms and him being concussed TBH.

That's why the club decided not to throw $10 000 down the drain.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought that the sling tackle, albeit by his jumper, on Petro was much more forceful and could have resulted in serious injury. Not that I want to see this type of vigour taken out of our game.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think people understand how a tackle is applied, which is more concerning.

Stop person getting ball out / take them to ground.

Jetta didn't forcibly sling him to the ground, he took all due care and an accident happened, partly of Smith's own accord by not fighting Jetta off.

Jetta shouldn't be held responsible for outcomes out of his control, he can only apply the tackle with all due diligence in an attempt to win the free kick, which he did, which was correctly called. It's a footballing action through and through that was implemented to perfection with the desired result of the opposition player being simultaneously taken to ground, as well as protected as best as can be.

Go watch a different sport. Outcome based suspensions are some of the most embarrassing things about this game. It's pathetically simple minded, it belongs in the land of 'Idiocracy'. How Fyfe and Ablett escape suspension for non-footballing acts baffles me.

If Jetta lets him go as they start falling, the tackle is incomplete.

If Jetta slung him to ground or lifted him I'd completely agree.

Back