AFL media

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I had to rewatch a couple of times as I thought he couldn’t be saying this but on “The first crack” David King has explained how west coast can get a home prelim in Perth while Montagna and the female host have agreed with him but said “a lot has to go right for them”. King then says if Port can get one in Adelaide why can’t the eagles? The football media keep on surprising me with just how stupid they are and how little research they do.
On fox footy last night they were discussing who they would pick if port play Richmond in the first week of finals, Lewis picked port as they would be smarting after their loss during the season. During the commentary after Richmond had sewn up the game dumbo dunstall and his sidekicked were saying Richmond will finish 3rd or 4th depending if Geelong win. What is wrong with these bozos, do they do any research at all or just make it up on the fly?
Upsetting that so many people have lost their jobs this year and these numbnuts still have theirs.

I had to rewatch a couple of times as I thought he couldn’t be saying this but on “The first crack” David King has explained how west coast can get a home prelim in Perth while Montagna and the female host have agreed with him but said “a lot has to go right for them”. King then says if Port can get one in Adelaide why can’t the eagles? The football media keep on surprising me with just how stupid they are and how little research they do.
On fox footy last night they were discussing who they would pick if port play Richmond in the first week of finals, Lewis picked port as they would be smarting after their loss during the season. During the commentary after Richmond had sewn up the game dumbo dunstall and his sidekicked were saying Richmond will finish 3rd or 4th depending if Geelong win. What is wrong with these bozos, do they do any research at all or just make it up on the fly?
Upsetting that so many people have lost their jobs this year and these numbnuts still have theirs.

The same level of cred as AFL Media. That lot are Fox or 7?

I had to rewatch a couple of times as I thought he couldn’t be saying this but on “The first crack” David King has explained how west coast can get a home prelim in Perth

Can you elaborate? I am keen to hear more about this. Off the top of my head I think it means winning week 1 then going back in time and winning one more game during the H&A season.

Well whoever the *******s were that were calling the Dogs v Freo game, one of them said that the bulldogs would either be playing St Kilda or Melbourne in week 1, before saying 10 seconds later that a Dogs win would eliminate Melbourne.

Well whoever the *******s were that were calling the Dogs v Freo game, one of them said that the bulldogs would either be playing St Kilda or Melbourne in week 1, before saying 10 seconds later that a Dogs win would eliminate Melbourne.
Time to put some of these guys out to pasture. They are either that dumb or don't give a * about what they are paid good coin to do.

I've never understood the appeal of David King. He uses all these stats and random analysis and none of it means anything.

He'll say something like: "The key to this game is they have to shutdown player X". Well no, it's a bit more complicated than that.

David King is genuinely the dumbest person in the AFL media landscape. His takes are idiotic, his opinions are based mainly on glancing at the statistics in the paper rather than actually watching games of footy.

How he has remained employed for this long, I have no idea. He is so constantly wrong he just isn't worth listening to.
He might be a nice guy, but he is an idiot.

During the Geelong Sydney game the commentators kept going on about how if they lost they would either play the Dogs or the Dees.

All I kept wondering was if they realised that the most likely outcome is Collingwood finishing 8th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the Geelong Sydney game the commentators kept going on about how if they lost they would either play the Dogs or the Dees.

All I kept wondering was if they realised that the most likely outcome is Collingwood finishing 8th?
You’d think everyone in the commentary box should know all the permutations for every game. It’s not that hard, have a ladder predictor open on your phone. It’s just so unprofessional and smacks of guys just turning up for work without doing a shred of research at all.

Posted in another thread, but the summary of the Geelong Sydney game on the AFL app yesterday said:

"A game that could of gone each way"

(Check for yourself now, they still haven't fixed it)

I guess they mean HAVE gone EITHER way.

This isn't about grammar Nazism. OK, so we tolerate this on BigFooty, but it's completely unacceptable for proper journalists to have such a poor grasp of English.

I mean, the AFL sacked a whole lot of staff this year. Why is this copywriter who failed grade six English still there? Gotta be nepotism or something. We are missing out on quality reporting so that people inside the clique can have their snout in the trough.

Last edited:
They get so wrapped up in narratives everything else falls out of their head. The pro-Essendon narrative on Saturday was so bad I muted the TV about 10 minutes to go in the last. The Dwayne fapping about Hawthorn was out of control yesterday - about a 15th place team.

The funniest thing about AFL media - which is extremely poor - is that these numpties will spend half of every game banging on about how "professional footballers "shouldn't miss x, do y or stand in a specific position". At no point does it occur to them that journalists and commentators should also have to display professional standards.

Last edited:
Hamish McLachlan all Sunday afternoon kept referring to percentage and how it mattered for the dogs whilst commentating the Cats v Swans game. You’d think the brother of the CEO would at least understand it.

David King is genuinely the dumbest person in the AFL media landscape. His takes are idiotic, his opinions are based mainly on glancing at the statistics in the paper rather than actually watching games of footy.

How he has remained employed for this long, I have no idea. He is so constantly wrong he just isn't worth listening to.
He might be a nice guy, but he is an idiot.

It's funny when guys can go from complete failures as assistants (David King) to 'expert' special commentators.

Love how Kingy and Joey constantly have to educate the basics to Tom Morris. How that useless flog gets a paycheck is actually a disgrace

Morris obviously had connections to get to where he is. However, at least he completed some type of Uni degree to get there. Unlike the completely useless duo of Montagna and King.

Remember the inaugural Qualifying Final when Essendon won by 125 pts and David King kicked a career best bag for the losing side. That was when I realised he was a little bit straight man funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back