AFL Members membership check

Remove this Banner Ad

But you haven't taken the seat from a corporate or an MCC-- you've taken the seat from a real fan of the AFL who may commit week in & week out, but wasn't able to go with their AFL Gold non-club support or AFL Silver club support membership because you purchased a ticket from someone who sold you a ticket against the T&C of their membership.

PS: You don't really appear to be a 'real fan' when you sign up to Bigfooty the day after your team makes the Grand Final, you just look like a flog who's taken a seat from an AFL member like SHAKESPEARE.
In the end, I'm happy. Pies lost

Bumping this perennial thread. Do I risk giving my AFL spot to my Pies supporting sister in law or let her run the risk that GA sells out?

It's a very minor risk. While they do happen, I've never seen a check once in 10+ years of attending as an AFL member.

Heads up from a mate of a mate who works for the AFL membership department. There will be a crack down on transferring tickets this finals series. Have recruited a small army of casual staff apparently set to swarm the MCG for 2 or 3 games this finals series.

Make of that what you will!

I'm a 25 year plus AFL member and had only been checked once in that time until last year's grand final, when I was checked by a bloke standing outside the gate, just before the security check.

A mate of mine was checked for the preliminary final last year too.

This year I was again checked before the Hawthorn game. I din't have my AFL ticket on me so i had to go to the ticket window and show my ID and they then confirmed I was a member and let me through.

Heads up from a mate of a mate who works for the AFL membership department. There will be a crack down on transferring tickets this finals series. Have recruited a small army of casual staff apparently set to swarm the MCG for 2 or 3 games this finals series.

I hope they do random checks in the seating area too. It's too easy to dodge them at the gate.

Have been checked a few times in the past 2 years, had a mate do the same for the Dogs vs Swans GF losing his Gold membership for a year.

I don't risk it anymore, people want to go to the finals buy a membership or a full price GA ticket.

This is my 11th season as a member, been to a heap of finals & Anzac Day matches and have not once been checked.

I’ve ever seen anyone from the AFL doing checks either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back