AFL Members membership check

Remove this Banner Ad

guys be careful

the afl just might be reading this, and some smart ass just might want to prove you wrong

and they would love to hang their hat on this headline
"crackdown on illegal tickets - members lose their rights after scalping"

guys be careful

the afl just might be reading this, and some smart ass just might want to prove you wrong

and they would love to hang their hat on this headline
"crackdown on illegal tickets - members lose their rights after scalping"

as many have said - they'd have to be a bunch of miserable pricks to turn you down on GF Day.

can you enter through any gate, regardless of what your ticket says?

Well, that was easy. There was one checker at Gate 6 and we just walked straight into the ground lol. All that worrying for nothing...great game though!

got into the ground at about quater to one. entered through gate 6. only saw two people in suits at the gates that were checking for membership/i.d at whatever que they were at. as one poster stated - just easily avoided that que, as there was 6-8 other machines you could scan your ticket at.

Used to lend my card to family members all the time, nobody I know has ever been checked.

Honestly, if you've paid up, you've paid up, don't think anyone cares who uses the card to enter the game.

It was an absolute piece of piss to walk in and avoid the inspectors. Gate 7 only had one when I entered. He stood outside the ticket booths, and only checked people in a certain line. Wearing a suit, he stood out so it was easy to go to another entrance.

The AFL did well with their scare tactics though.

Got tickets off an AFL member and then was within a whisker of being checked. We got there early so there was no queue at all and I wasn't really paying attention as I was walking towards the gate.
That was until a guy 5m in front of us was asked by a guy in a suit if he had his membership card.
I quickly stopped my mum and let her know what was going on and we did a not-so-subtle u-turn. Thankfully I quickly gathered myself and realised the checker was now busy so we went through another opening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silver Member 5 years - the only time I've been checked was at the Pies v Carlton Friday night game this year.

For poster above - I wasn't checked at last years GF.

I got checked once this season (Rd 23 Carlton V Essendon), and my dad got checked once this season (Rd 20 Richmond V Essendon).

A man in a suit on both occasions, ground side of the turnstiles.

Have noticed the men in suits with a clipboards checking at all GFs from 2007 til now. Never seen them at any other final or match though.

Have been checked once in about 7 years, attending 15+ games every season.
In this instance it was the mate I was with. I told the ticket checker dude that my mate wasn't originally meant to come but that my other mate who was the member couldn't come to the game. He said to go back outside and get a guest pass. He followed us to the pass out area and we grabbed a pass out and walked back in another pass out gate lol :D

*Bump*

How strict are checks on membership cards these days?

Anyone been checked at recent grand finals?

Half the tickets in the AFL members are not even for AFL members - Medallion member tickets, corporates, AFL handouts etc. You'd be unlucky. I've been a member for about 15 years and have never even seen anyone checked. Having said that I always rock up last minute and it is absolute mayhem.

I've been in the AFL members for all the neutral week 1-3 finals for the last few years and have never been checked.
I have however seen the guys in suits checking other people. I didn't notice any in weeks 1 and 2 this year when I arrived 10min before the start.

It used to be easy to avoid them because they lingered on the outside of the turnstile, but lenny2013 above has said that this year they were after the turnstile which makes it a little harder. Still it's not too hard to have a look through, see where they are and then use a different turnstile or try later.
I actually prefer for people to get busted though because it means I move up the waiting list for full membership quicker.

I went to the North v Cats finals game last Friday and got checked (1st time this has happened). I had my membership and my sisters membership on me which my wife used for the ticket. He was checking I had the membership cards. He didn't check names or anything like that. I said I was Richmond affiliated and he didn't care. Just that they were 2 afl members tickets.

I've seen the people with clipboards waiting just past the entry barriers at the past few Grand Finals. Never been checked myself.

Still wouldn't risk my Full Membership for it though...

I've been to 15-20 games a year on my AFL membership for the last 8 odd years and went to probably 5-10 games a year for the 5 odd years before that and I can only recall being checked once. It was either the 2004 GF or a prelim around that time, can't exactly remember. All that happened was a signature check.

A friend of mine bought an AFL member's ticket for 2012. He wasn't checked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back