AFL Members membership check

Remove this Banner Ad

Having another persons membership card is only one part of the puzzle you also need a ID to match the membership card

I get that. I'm simply saying there was no need to have the membership card (or ID) for me on the day. The ticket sufficed.

Doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone though and quite frankly I think it's wrong that so many AFL members get these tickets and sell them on at a profit when competing club members can't get in the ground.

This is wrong. You need to scan the barcode on the ticket to get in.
Went to every GF from 97-06. Only been to the '10 replay & '12 since. Reserved seating came in for '98. There was definitely a period where there was no barcode on the paper ticket, you needed your AFL card to scan in with. Obviously made the assumption that is still the case & to be honest I'm surprised its changed back.

Went to every GF from 97-06. Only been to the '10 replay & '12 since. Reserved seating came in for '98. There was definitely a period where there was no barcode on the paper ticket, you needed your AFL card to scan in with. Obviously made the assumption that is still the case & to be honest I'm surprised its changed back.

Bit hard to make everyone in the AFL members scan their membership ticket when half of those with legitimate tickets are not even AFL members

My friend doesn't want to risk it for me to go which is fair enough. But she asked me to ask on here but im sure she will contact the afl, she is worried that you have to have a certain type of membership card because she is gold and her brother is bronze does that matter?

My friend doesn't want to risk it for me to go which is fair enough. But she asked me to ask on here but im sure she will contact the afl, she is worried that you have to have a certain type of membership card because she is gold and her brother is bronze does that matter?
Bronze is no good, they don't get GF tickets so producing that would set off alarm bells.
As others have said, it is very easy to avoid being checked, the AFL are piss weak in this regard.

What if you have a ticket in the AFL members area and have the membership card but are not the actual AFL member? IE a direct family member brought a ticket with there membership and fell ill on the day therefor could not attend and offered me there ticket...

What if you have a ticket in the AFL members area and have the membership card but are not the actual AFL member? IE a direct family member brought a ticket with there membership and fell ill on the day therefor could not attend and offered me there ticket...

Non transferable I believe, I don't think they'll make exceptions.

Sometimes they just ask for the membership card, sometimes they also want to see id to prove it is yours. Their official info says AFL members must carry their member card and id at all times.

Not an AFL member but have sat there last 4 grand finals. Have noticed more and more checks happening each year, mainly because ive been on the look out for it. This year will be even worse, considering the security measures etc. Entry to MCG finals has been chaos this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an AFL member but have sat there last 4 grand finals. Have noticed more and more checks happening each year, mainly because ive been on the look out for it. This year will be even worse, considering the security measures etc. Entry to MCG finals has been chaos this year.
Have you been checked at all?

Hello everyone,

i have bought a guest pass to the gf, does anyone know if i need to go thru with the member?

i ask because the member is now unable to go, any helpful info appreciated.

i can't get his card either as he's currently o/s, hence why he can't go.

Hello everyone,

i have bought a guest pass to the gf, does anyone know if i need to go thru with the member?

i ask because the member is now unable to go, any helpful info appreciated.

i can't get his card either as he's currently o/s, hence why he can't go.
Never heard of a guest pass for the GF, never seen them for sale, it's always 1 ticket per membership for the GF, do you know how it was obtained?
There are all sorts of other tickets for the AFL members area.

During the year and first 3 weeks of finals a guest can enter with a guest pass (which is just a ticket) without the member and without the need for a membership card because guest passes are fully transferable. Not sure about GF though as I didn't realise they even existed.

Depends what it says on the ticket. Heaps of corporate tickets are in the AFL reserve each year, the ones attached to breakfast and so forth. If it's one of those you won't need an AFL membership. If though it is a ticket purchased using an AFL Membership, if you're not that member it's on the dodge I would think.

Depends what it says on the ticket. Heaps of corporate tickets are in the AFL reserve each year, the ones attached to breakfast and so forth. If it's one of those you won't need an AFL membership. If though it is a ticket purchased using an AFL Membership, if you're not that member it's on the dodge I would think.
What corporate events are in AFL?

On prelim night there were heaps of announcements at gate 6 saying they are doing membership checks but I didn't see anything happenning. AFL are piss weak when it comes to this.

Yep they said if you didn't have your card with you you had to go to one of the ticket windows to get your ticket verified. But as I went through I didn't see anyone getting checked. This was about 15 minutes before the bounce so hundreds of people trying to get through at once.

Perhaps that's an AFL members issue; it took me all of 2 minutes to get into the prelim.

Perhaps that's an AFL members issue; it took me all of 2 minutes to get into the prelim.
Prelim was fine because the AFL members were pretty empty in comparison to the previous weeks. For the qualifying final it took about 10 minutes to get through the massive crowd outside the gates.

When I lived in Melbourne I picked up an AFL membership as well as the Freo membership I already had. Went to every GF between 2011-14 with my AFL membership and never took my AFL Members' card and never had an issue. Scanned at Gate 6 and was away in minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back