AFL members ripped off once again!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
Well now that it looks like the prelims will be played interstate if insterstate teams earn the right, it appears AFL members miss out on seeing the prelim which is part of the ticket package. How will Demetriou and his clonies compensate members for this?? Cheaper ticket?? I think not.

We want answers Demetriou!!!

Too right !!!

Play the Prelims interstate when they have stadiums big enough to hold the crowd.

If Crows play a home prelim final how many opposition supporters (or members) will get a ticket.

Allowing 45 000 to see a game that would draw 70 000+ in Melbourne is hardly looking after the fans.

Another favouring of interstate clubs that interstate fans seem to not allow in their Us Vs Them arguement.

Every Adelaide, Port, Eagle, Docker, swans or lions fan could get a seat at a Prelim finlal played at the g. Not so the case the other way around.

Statistically, as long as Victorian clubs make up more than half the teams in the AFL, you're far more likely to get a free second prelim final than none.

peejay said:
Too right !!!

Play the Prelims interstate when they have stadiums big enough to hold the crowd.

If Crows play a home prelim final how many opposition supporters (or members) will get a ticket.

Allowing 45 000 to see a game that would draw 70 000+ in Melbourne is hardly looking after the fans.

Another favouring of interstate clubs that interstate fans seem to not allow in their Us Vs Them arguement.

Every Adelaide, Port, Eagle, Docker, swans or lions fan could get a seat at a Prelim finlal played at the g. Not so the case the other way around.

Non Victorian (as opposed to interstate) fans are so selfish. Fancy asking for a HOME final to be played in your OWN state ? ;)

peejay said:

I didn't realise all those interstaters had a spare three or four hundred that they could spend on airfares. :rolleyes:

sabre_ac said:
Few questions:
What is the waiting list for an AFL membership?
Can memberships be passed down in a family? or to whoever is wanted?

Waiting period for a new restricted membership is about 1-2 years with full membership about 5 years after that.

I think memberships are non transferable but i could be wrong

peejay said:
1. If Crows play a home prelim final how many opposition supporters (or members) will get a ticket.

2. Allowing 45 000 to see a game that would draw 70 000+ in Melbourne is hardly looking after the fans.

3. Another favouring of interstate clubs that interstate fans seem to not allow in their Us Vs Them arguement.

4. Every Adelaide, Port, Eagle, Docker, swans or lions fan could get a seat at a Prelim finlal played at the g. Not so the case the other way around.

1. the allocation will be based on membership numbers, just like any other final.
2. an adelaide vs sydney prelim at the G will NOT draw 70,000
3. sorry ignorant victorians.... the VFL died ages ago. i thought teams from victoria were "interstate" teams aswell... they are to us. get over it.
4. see answer to (1) but the shoe is on the other foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MickZu said:
I didn't realise all those interstaters had a spare three or four hundred that they could spend on airfares. :rolleyes:

irrelevant to this arguement.

if the game was played at the gabba there is fair chance no matter how much money you had you might not get a ticket.

Its a money can't buy thing.

peejay said:
Too right !!!

Yeah sad sad day when the team that actually earns home state advantage loses that right because of Melbournes "god given right" to host football. You are also seriously deluded to suggest a game featuring all non-vic sides will draw 70,000+

If u cant honestly see the fairness in playing preliminary finals at the home ground of the deserving side, u need to pull ur head outta ur rear end. If Geelong hadda beaten Brisbane last year, it would've been the greatest travesty to ever befall the leauge. The AFL was just lucky Brisbane was good enuf to save it from complete and utter embarrassment.

It is a total disgrace the way the AFL has treated AFL Members over the years. I think it is fair that the team who finished highest gets the home final. But you cannot sell a membership offering entry into a game which will not eventuate. I doubt the AFL will come out and say half price GF tickets for AFL members
This has been going on for years, initally AFL members only had to arrive at the ground, and sit where they wanted to. If you wanted good seats you went early, if you didnt care where you sat, rock up just before the game, this suited people (well most people I know). Now, so Demetriou and co can have a good seat they say you need to book. It is crap. So now we book, and when we are first in line at ticketek before they even start selling, they tell you the 2nd level(which IMO is the best to sit on) is no longer available, how can seats which havent gone on sale be sold out, thats right, it was in the disclosure that the AFL can give the good seats to all their mates, and the regular AFL member who pays not only for a membership but also a reserve seat, doesnt get to sit where we want.

The AFL for years have been making and breaking promises to get membership, i am fed up and i am sure others are too. When are they gonna look after the supporters they promised.

itsintheblood said:
Well now that it looks like the prelims will be played interstate if insterstate teams earn the right, it appears AFL members miss out on seeing the prelim which is part of the ticket package. How will Demetriou and his clonies compensate members for this?? Cheaper ticket?? I think not.

We want answers Demetriou!!!

He better fly me to Adelaide and Perth :mad:

What a load of ********. I have paid to be a Full afl member for what? aload of bull******** Demetriou comes up with . :mad:

Truetiger said:
He better fly me to Adelaide and Perth :mad:

What a load of ********. I have paid to be a Full afl member for what? aload of bull******** Demetriou comes up with . :mad:

Simple solution I guess. Don't buy one. Just spend the money on a club package which gives you access to finals tickets you're club is playing in.

lincsPJ said:
1. the allocation will be based on membership numbers, just like any other final.
2. an adelaide vs sydney prelim at the G will NOT draw 70,000
3. sorry ignorant victorians.... the VFL died ages ago. i thought teams from victoria were "interstate" teams aswell... they are to us. get over it.
4. see answer to (1) but the shoe is on the other foot.

1) so if say Crows played richmond (wishful thinking i know) at AAMI in a prelim then i would have no problem getting a ticket?

2) Well i thought i made it clear i meant a vic Vs non vic team.

3) sorry pal - i am in Victoria - read my location - thought that would make it obvious who i refer to when i say interstate teams :rolleyes:

4) Interstate (NON VIC) fans have never had a sorry sold out sign for a prelim final in Melb so what is your point?

Truetiger said:
As long as they the afl get off there arse and pay for me to go there..

So If I buy an AFL membership, and live in Adelaide, the AFL flies me to the MCG?

Put me on the waiting list right now!!!

itsintheblood said:
Simple solution I guess. Don't buy one. Just spend the money on a club package which gives you access to finals tickets you're club is playing in.

Yeah idont have a problem buying a Richmond only membership however. I love my footy to much and need 3/4 games per weekend thanks :)

Truetiger said:
As long as they the afl get off there arse and pay for me to go there..

I can understand that this year it might be annoying, if you thought you knew what you were paying for. From next year ever, I guess people are free to choose where they live and whether or not they pay for an AFL membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back