AFL Membership Vs Collingwood Club Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that. The AFL website doesn't give much-

I just want to compare the three together to see best value, costs and make a decision as to whether it is worth considering for me
AFL membership will always the best value.
40 H&A Games
Access to reserved seats for all Pies Blockbuster games
First 2 weeks of finals
Priority access to PF and GF tickets if Pies playing

AFL membership will always the best value.
40 H&A Games
Access to reserved seats for all Pies Blockbuster games
First 2 weeks of finals
Priority access to PF and GF tickets if Pies playing

What does the silver and bronze give you, and how much are they?

AFL on Collingwood Club support.

Best of both worlds. Never have an issue getting a seat/ticket ANYWHERE and I still count as a Collingwood member. I can give my membership to friends to use for their games every now and then and if Collingwood don't make finals, others can use it (even though they're not meant to).

Both my daughter and son were put on the list from birth. By the time they're 7 which is when need to start paying, they'll both either be full members, or only a year or two away.

Just received my full AFL membership (Collingwood Club Support) for the 2017 season, without doubt the best value for money going around. My old man put me on the list at a very young age, so I went from silver to full when I was about 10. I'm now 23, and with its priority access to finals tickets etc. it really is the logical choice in my opinion.

A quick question for afl members. So i've noticed in the week before a match they release the information which area are available for GA in the afl members section. For most collingwood matches level n and p are unavailable with some areas on other areas too. But then on game day I sometimes see a spots empty in these areas. Is this simply people with reserved seats not turning up or something else? What are people's experiences rocking up the ground on the day? cheers :thumbsu:

Takes 10 Years to become a AFL Member so I stick with being a Club Member. Plus all the Money goes to the Club and not the Bloody AFL

Dave you don't know what you are talking about.
You can become an AFL Member immediately.
It takes around 8 years to become a Gold member.
I have 5 Gold Memberships - whole family.
We all went to the Grand Final last year.
The AFL Gold Membership gets you a GF ticket no matter who is playing & at a cheaper price than club members.
I prefer to look after my own pocket.

The AFL Gold Membership gets you a GF ticket no matter who is playing & at a cheaper price than club members.

That what mattys123 told me

Then how you become quicky get a AFL Member and what you get.

Vampire013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think its a little longer than 8 years at the moment. Im about 4000th in the wait list for gold and have been on the list for 7 years. Id estimate full AFL membership wait time is about 10-11 years at this stage.

At least with AFL memberships you get all the benefits of being a silver member while being on the waiting list for the full membership.

I'll be getting an AFL membership when I get the funds.

What do you get as a Silver Member. That you don't get as Collingwood Member?

10 years for AFL membership? How long for an MCC membership?

After putting my name down in 1997 I finally received it just before Christmas.
My Pies membership history stemmed from a Social Club + Season Ticket first acquired at the start of he 1989 season as an 18 y/o.
I move to Brisbane in 2000 and reduced the Season Ticket to 5 games but kept the Social Club. I never missed out on ANZAC Day, finals or GF tix.
I sacked my membership in 2012 as I viewed the club wasn't moving in the right direction at a board level coupled with not doing enough for Interstate members. That view hasn't changed.

The MCC membership makes even more sense now than it did back in 1997 as I can use it anywhere given the reciprocity it offers at a number of levels. You tend to value this more when you're older given you travel more.
If you have young kids or considering it yourself, put the $110 down and get the application form in.
They need a few more of us in the MCC regardless.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

After putting my name down in 1997 I finally received it just before Christmas.
My Pies membership history stemmed from a Social Club + Season Ticket first acquired at the start of he 1989 season as an 18 y/o.
I move to Brisbane in 2000 and reduced the Season Ticket to 5 games but kept the Social Club. I never missed out on ANZAC Day, finals or GF tix.
I sacked my membership in 2012 as I viewed the club wasn't moving in the right direction at a board level coupled with not doing enough for Interstate members. That view hasn't changed.

The MCC membership makes even more sense now than it did back in 1997 as I can use it anywhere given the reciprocity it offers at a number of levels. You tend to value this more when you're older given you travel more.
If you have young kids or considering it yourself, put the $110 down and get the application form in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd be happy to wait 10 years for a MCC membership.

i think its a little longer than 8 years at the moment. Im about 4000th in the wait list for gold and have been on the list for 7 years. Id estimate full AFL membership wait time is about 10-11 years at this stage.

I joined in 2008 and got upgraded in 2015.
All 5 of us in family.
I thought we would have to wait 10-11 years but last couple of years we really moved up quickly.
Only downside to AFL Membership is you have to keep on renewing otherwise you lose it.

All 5 of us in family.
I thought we would have to wait 10-11 years but last couple of years we really moved up quickly.
Only downside to AFL Membership is you have to keep on renewing otherwise you lose it.
You must have been lucky as I joined granddaughter in 2004 and she was upgraded last year.

I'm an MCC member, and watch all my footy from the Member's Stand. I think there are a few of us on here.

I'm also a Pies Social Club member, and until recently maintained a Legends Membership as well, which enabled me to buy a ticket to our recent GFs, which I passed on to my daughter and a friend. I watched the GFs from the MCC members.

Having missed all our GF appearances through the late 1970s to 1990, I vowed never to miss another one. And I haven't (although it would have been better for my health and wellbeing if I had).

All 5 of us in family.
I am/was of the understanding you could "park it" for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back