AFL Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, might be a long shot but no harm in asking.... would anyone be willing to let me use their 2019 AFL members barcode number to buy a cricket ticket? I am an AFL member myself but need an additional barcode so my son to join me. Looking to go on the 28th, Cheers.
You can’t buy a guest pass? It’s not an Ashes test or versus India so guest passes should be easy to get - particularly on the 3rd day of the test.

You can’t buy a guest pass? It’s not an Ashes test or versus India so guest passes should be easy to get - particularly on the 3rd day of the test.
They want $160 for a guest pass, there’s no child option. With a barcode it’s $30!!

Hi all, might be a long shot but no harm in asking.... would anyone be willing to let me use their 2019 AFL members barcode number to buy a cricket ticket? I am an AFL member myself but need an additional barcode so my son to join me. Looking to go on the 28th, Cheers.
I thought should be able to get a guest pass to the cricket with your AFL membership. Give the AFL a ring.

They want $160 for a guest pass, there’s no child option. With a barcode it’s $30 thought I’d try my luck.

There is child options for Level 1 (but not Level 2 & 2A).

Level 1 junior guest passes are $38.

Anyone feel they're being ripped off with AFL Bronze Membership (both missus an I have them - mine aligned to AFC, here's to Carlton)? I've been to two games this year with the missus - a Carlton supporter who I got AFL membership for. First one was vs Richmond at MCG. Told on game day it was sold out, so had to purchase 'standing room' tickets on top of our $295 membership each ($19.50 ea). Crowd 83,881 (100K+ capacity). How is this sold out and how on earth can we then be charged additional costs to get in, when clearly there would have been ~10K+ seats still available (evidenced by a quick glance at the upper levels)
Yesterday vs North...same deal, rock up , get told it's sold out, and then forced to pay $32 ea for standing room again. Crowd 47,565. (53,343 capacity). This is an absolute rip-off, as we could have gone to both games without any AFL membership and paid the same.
I get that we have the ability to purchase tickets in AFL seating areas (both of which were fully booked), but why are we having to pay AGAIN for GA entry, when that's what the AFL membership is for? In both games I tried reserving GA seats, but the first one's - although booked (even saved on my missus' Google wallet) disappeared the day before when I double checked. Same for yesterday, I got some msg to say my barcodes weren't valid so we had no choice but to go to the game...WTF is going on with this?

Anyone feel they're being ripped off with AFL Bronze Membership (both missus an I have them - mine aligned to AFC, here's to Carlton)? I've been to two games this year with the missus - a Carlton supporter who I got AFL membership for. First one was vs Richmond at MCG. Told on game day it was sold out, so had to purchase 'standing room' tickets on top of our $295 membership each ($19.50 ea). Crowd 83,881 (100K+ capacity). How is this sold out and how on earth can we then be charged additional costs to get in, when clearly there would have been ~10K+ seats still available (evidenced by a quick glance at the upper levels)
The AFL reserve seats were sold out. These are the seats you can buy for $10. The availability of seats in other areas is irrelevant if you want to use your membership.

Yesterday vs North...same deal, rock up , get told it's sold out, and then forced to pay $32 ea for standing room again. Crowd 47,565. (53,343 capacity). This is an absolute rip-off, as we could have gone to both games without any AFL membership and paid the same.
It would have cost way more if you bought general public seats. At least $80
I get that we have the ability to purchase tickets in AFL seating areas (both of which were fully booked), but why are we having to pay AGAIN for GA entry, when that's what the AFL membership is for?
There was no General Admission areas for either game. They were both sold out.

These were both very high demand matches. These are the kinds of matches you have to think ahead and book early for, and not wait to sort it on the day of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back