Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton, GGFC
Have always wanted a crows version of this, not sure about the club logo on the tongue of this LA one though.

1596778798596.png

fancyscum

Radical Crommunist
May 19, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
This sort of a colourway is better imo:
adidas-originals--Adidas-Superstar-Collegiate-Navy-Yellow-Adiprene-Red.jpeg

Less of a fan of the superstars though, im more of a gazelle/campus/samba kind of guy. Always wanted to get a pair of navy adicolors as a kid and then stick red and yellow stripes in there, mine were black though so it didn't really work. They should really bring those shoes back.

Sparkle

Simpson for Strawberry
Oct 3, 2013
Right Field
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJR, MELR, MIA
Have always wanted a crows version of this, not sure about the club logo on the tongue of this LA one though.

That's something that hasn't been discussed yet in this thread, club shoes. New Balance have had Melbourne running shoes available for a while now, while Puma released a line of Suede shoes following Richmond's 2017 premiership
1596782021759.png
News - RICHMOND PARTNER WITH PUMA | Page 89 | BigFooty

I'd wear either if they were in a Cats design, but a line of flat-soled shoes (Nike, Puma, Adidas, Vans etc.) in a subtle design could be a popular product

fancyscum

Radical Crommunist
May 19, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's something that hasn't been discussed yet in this thread, club shoes. New Balance have had Melbourne running shoes available for a while now, while Puma released a line of Suede shoes following Richmond's 2017 premiership
View attachment 929665

I'd wear either if they were in a Cats design, but a line of flat-soled shoes (Nike, Puma, Adidas, Vans etc.) in a subtle design could be a popular product
That tigers one is perfect. Well, except for the names on the laces, but I get that makes more sense in the context of the premiership.

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
View attachment 929665

I dislike how the Richmond shoes have two different types of yellow, the Puma yellow on the tongue and the more traditional yellow on the side but otherwise two great shoes. I'm not much of a shoe guy myself but I try to find some that fit well with my game day kits, got these Black and white Nikes at the moment which will look great with a Nike Pies jumper next year.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
I had a whole spiel thought out but can't be arsed typing it.

basically some clubs stand no chance on decent merch because of their own colours. North, Dogs, GC, West Coast etc are all bound by the bright blue (or red for gc) which is just no good for decent merch outside of a training range.

GWS have done so well to be able to brand themselves (not that they're doing it with cool 'other' merch) with the charcoal as a main, different to everyone else but still a good, dark base, and orange as their design element.

A lot of the cool shit north release (like that classic new era hat) i have zilch interest in because it's bright blue and I'm just not wearing that. but like you can't just drop a bunch of north merch and make it a non club colour (black)

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

basically some clubs stand no chance on decent merch because of their own colours. North, Dogs, GC, West Coast etc are all bound by the bright blue (or red for gc) which is just no good for decent merch outside of a training range.

GWS have done so well to be able to brand themselves (not that they're doing it with cool 'other' merch) with the charcoal as a main, different to everyone else but still a good, dark base, and orange as their design element.

A lot of the cool sh*t north release (like that classic new era hat) i have zilch interest in because it's bright blue and I'm just not wearing that. but like you can't just drop a bunch of north merch and make it a non club colour (black)
Yeah right on the money. Was surprised when West Coast rebranded that they didn't at least keep the navy blue in the picture. The Royal was nice but I feel like it's sort of worn off on me like a gimmick and as you said, not particularly good for other areas of branding such as merch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A lot of the cool sh*t north release (like that classic new era hat) i have zilch interest in because it's bright blue and I'm just not wearing that. but like you can't just drop a bunch of north merch and make it a non club colour (black)

I quite like the 150th jacket
1622280775671.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad