Competitions AFL Mock Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Shadow89 say about his rules?

No time limits at this stage (unless people are completely absent and take a whole day or something unreasonable). People have different hours and I'm a bit more easy-going with this sort of thing, so it's a bit more lax than some other mock drafts might be.

No rush, just whenever people get the chance at whatever point during the day. Might be frustrating to some, but we don't know what people's circumstances are, and we want to include those who want to have a go.

:)

No time limits at this stage (unless people are completely absent and take a whole day or something unreasonable). People have different hours and I'm a bit more easy-going with this sort of thing, so it's a bit more lax than some other mock drafts might be.

No rush, just whenever people get the chance at whatever point during the day. Might be frustrating to some, but we don't know what people's circumstances are, and we want to include those who want to have a go.

:)

Thats fair.

I have to take one of my kids to the dentist in the morning but ill message you my pick in case im not on so im not holding anyone up.

Wow, did not see that coming (Pure_Ownage will be happy as he's guaranteed one of his two selections :p )

I like rachele but im surprised he went this early. Ill be very happy with pick 9 now.

Pick8. Frematle select ...... grumble grumble ...we will get even Adelaide..just wait two years .....

Mac Andrew (Dandenong Stingrays)

200cm ruck-key forward .... who could develop into anything... according to those at aflcentral ....boasting eye-catching athleticism, handy versatility, and a knack for stepping up to the big occasions.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 12.28.06 am.png

Next up is Rich .... Pure_Ownage

Pick8. Frematle select ...... grumble grumble ...we will get even Adelaide..just wait two years .....

Mac Andrew (Dandenong Stingrays)

200cm ruck-key forward .... who could develop into anything... according to those at aflcentral ....boasting eye-catching athleticism, handy versatility, and a knack for stepping up to the big occasions.

View attachment 1267795

Next up is Rich .... Pure_Ownage

Brave pick...i wasnt going to take him but i like your pick.
Rich take ben hobbs 183cm 80kg mid gwv rebels.
Stoked hes still on the board was who i wanted.
Turbocat youre up

Pick10. Fremantle select.

Tyler Sonsie (Eastern Ranges)
181cm midfielder

A mid who will add class to the Freo midfield and finish the work around goal.

View attachment 1267799

Wow that's an interesting choice. He's such a classy player. Could go anywhere between 10-25 IMO. Would kill to get him with our first, but no chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 11. Stkilda. select ..

Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Glenelg)
187cm midfielder

Genetic profile doesnt get much better than this... and the son of ex StKilda player Terry Milera...

glides more than runs and will add some class for the saints.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 1.03.53 am.png

West Coast pick CleverCount

Pick10. Fremantle select.

Tyler Sonsie (Eastern Ranges)
181cm midfielder

A mid who will add class to the Freo midfield and finish the work around goal.

View attachment 1267799

Dammit..was hoping he would get through to 17...doubt he falls to our picks on the night but id love if he did-how much consideration did you give to amiss out of interest?

Pick 11. Stkilda. select ..

Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Glenelg)
187cm midfielder

Genetic profile doesnt get much better than this... and the son of ex StKilda player Terry Milera...

glides more than runs and will add some class for the saints.

View attachment 1267800

West Coast pick CleverCount

In the real thing i think they haveto take ward if hes still on the board imo but this kid wont last past 15ish nwm is all class.

Dammit..was hoping he would get through to 17...doubt he falls to our picks on the night but id love if he did-how much consideration did you give to amiss out of interest?
Interested in this aswell, honestly think Amiss is a near certainty to go to Freo, home grown, a list need and trained with the club.

Last edited:

Amiss would not have been the kid I take after I have taken Andrew. Another wa kid appeals...but it will be interesting who WC take. I believe Freo have eric benning as a nga later in the draft. 197 cm etc.

Secondly Amiss to me reminds of Schache a bit. just prefer others

Last edited:
Pick 12 WestCoast: Matthew Johnson

*Tough choice here with ward still on the board.. however just couldn’t look past the local boy with Johnson. I feel he still has plenty of development and size to put on but he has the height and more importantly the footy smarts already where he reads the play and already knows his next move to either setup a teammate on the lead or just do it himself with his great footwork n dash through congestion 👏*

Next pick 13: Essendon Vdubs

In the real thing i think they haveto take ward if hes still on the board imo but this kid wont last past 15ish nwm is all class.

imo ..the early pick of Erasmus flows on. I like the way our draft has gone.. because I have been involved in a few of these..and too often they just reflect other peoples phantoms. ... but this one is spinning me round like a record... all good fun.

To me the Saints have disposed of guy who was in inside player, received brownlow votes etc.. They have steele, Jones etc... they want polish. NWM fits that... but yes they might take ward, just like freo might have taken hobbs and then see who was available.

Pick 12 WestCoast: Matthew Johnson

*Tough choice here with ward still on the board.. however just couldn’t look past the local boy with Johnson. I feel he still has plenty of development and size to put on but he has the height and more importantly the footy smarts already where he reads the play and already knows his next move to either setup a teammate on the lead or just do it himself with his great footwork n dash through congestion 👏*

Next pick 13: Essendon Vdubs

Grouse choice, solid explanation and excellent write up :)

You're bang on with this, and I think regardless of who else is left (unless Erasmus somehow made it past both Freo picks) WC are guaranteed to pick the local boy in Johnson.

You are right though, Ward would definitely be hard to ignore in the real thing

imo ..the early pick of Erasmus flows on. I like the way our draft has gone.. because I have been involved in a few of these..and too often they just reflect other peoples phantoms. ... but this one is spinning me round like a record... all good fun.

To me the Saints have disposed of guy who was in inside player, received brownlow votes etc.. They have steele, Jones etc... they want polish. NWM fits that... but yes they might take ward, just like freo might have taken hobbs and then see who was available.

Was thinking this too - we definitely are having one of the more interesting drafts already, and the flow on effects are apparent. Amiss and Ward going past where I thought they would, makes it very interesting when it comes to later picks and the flow on of talent available.

In the real thing though, given Freo's dearth of forward talent, I couldn't see them passing up on Amiss - he's the best key forward in the draft - and exactly what they need (regardless of possible downside).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back