Opinion AFL Moving Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we move to Vic, do the flights and accommodation count towards our footy department spend?

There is no way if this was the other way around and games couldn't be played in Victoria that the season goes ahead. Those teams weren't travelling.

We'll go about it with little fuss "everyone will do everything they can" and all of that, the SA and WA clubs, with our governments (the Victorian Government is very tied in with the AFL) should be using this situation to extract whatever we can from the AFL, including more funding for local football/development and things like that beyond this Covid-19 period.

And if the AFL were truly worried about the health of our players, they'd force all Victorian players in to isolation in Melbourne. They aren't and they wont.

No team should get more than 11 games at the MCG - if crowd fixturing needs to happen then accomodate that but keeping the 11 game rule in place - it can be done

It might mean Collingwood and Richmond play a game at Geelong every now and then

That interstate clubs are forced to double fly or fly drive to tassie and Ballarat is absolutely ridiculous. Interstate teams should only play at finals venues when in Victoria. It won’t make it fair, but it would be less unfair in relation to both the season and the 4 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premier makes political decisions only. Police Commissioner is in control of decisions concerning COVID-19.

well no, any powers the police have in this regard are powers that have been delegated to them.

Just like some power is delegated to the chief health officer.

The players ARE going to be out mingling with the public, the Vic based sides will be mingling in the Covid 19 invested cesspool that is Melbourne prior to jumping on a "private" plane - whoopy doo.

The SA players will be mingling with the nice, healthy, clean public that is Adelaide.

Once the Victorian team is here they will spend two hours getting hot and sweaty with our players = ample opportunity to pass on any diseases from Victoria.

I know you want to fully support the VFL but FIFO on a private plane is an absolutely meaningless procedure unless the Victorian sides live in a locked down facility without their families, I haven't heard they will be doing that so good on SA Health.

I would have thought the lock down would be fundamental to any AFL proposal to allow the infested Victorians to come into contact with our players while everyone gets to bypass border quarantining. You’d just laugh at a proposal that didn’t isolate players from the rest of their population in the first place.

What about physios, medical staff, heck even security and cleaning staff.

Can the AFL guarantee their players would have no contact with any possible infected people?

No they can't.

Sadie has a couple of cleaning gigs across Melbourne. One of them is the Collingwood training facility. The other at Cedar Meats.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What about physios, medical staff, heck even security and cleaning staff.

Can the AFL guarantee their players would have no contact with any possible infected people?

No they can't.

Sadie has a couple of cleaning gigs across Melbourne. One of them is the Collingwood training facility. The other at Cedar Meats.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Well said.

So looks like WC, Freo, Port, Crows all hubbing in GC. Those 4, plus Bris and GC, will play each other amongst themselves in the first 5 weeks. After that SA and WA are likely to be open and it goes from there.

The mindf*ck they're putting themselves through just to survive on TV rights is hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back