Opinion AFL Moving Forward

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Eastern states premiers didn't take advice from their chief medical officers now ? WA and SA have the same position therefore it's the correct one?
Posit an argument not rhetoric .

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

lmao.

"Victoria is playing football therefore we can play football'

I point out that another state is taking the same viewpoint as SA

"Just because another state is doing it doesn't make it right"

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
So looks like WC, Freo, Port, Crows all hubbing in GC. Those 4, plus Bris and GC, will play each other amongst themselves in the first 5 weeks. After that SA and WA are likely to be open and it goes from there.

The mindf*ck they're putting themselves through just to survive on TV rights is hilarious.

I’m happy to watch a 17 game season. Asterisk for sure, but it’s better than nothing as far as I’m concerned.

knobby

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Doesn’t look like they’ll be able to play golf...
Those based in the south-east Queensland hubs will be allowed to play golf, given their accommodation options are effectively located on golf course, and the entire complexes will be locked-off from the public.

Jun 6, 2006
Canada
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide

This guy doesn’t post bs or get involved with the crap from Vic and seems to always be spot on. If only we could have an AFL media like this across the board!

If this crazy time has taught me anything, it's who to follow and who not to follow on Twitter.

Man there's some absolute garbage out there when the footy media has nothing to talk about.

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL should give the four clubs in the hubs priority draft picks to compensate for having to play all their games away
The other way around.

After the AFL (VFL) Grand Final, the AFL will announce that the interstate teams have been disadvantaged and hence their win/ loss is not a true reflection of their relative strength. They will all have 12 points added to their end of season tally prior to the draft order being determined.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The other way around.

After the AFL (VFL) Grand Final, the AFL will announce that the interstate teams have been disadvantaged and hence their win/ loss is not a true reflection of their relative strength. They will all have 12 points added to their end of season tally prior to the draft order being determined.
Because teams are now located on GC, they lose access to their academy players

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
This could be the season both Richmond and Collingwood never leave Victoria. The afls wet dream.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
As always the Port supporters seem to have their own bizarre take on things.

Do they not understand that even if the State Government allowed Port and Adelaide to stay based in SA that we weren't getting any matches here.

From what I am aware both clubs were hoping for an exemption to be able to fly out of the state for games and be able to return without the 14 day quarantine.

It was never on the table that other teams were going to be allowed to fly into SA to play games. Yet apparently it's our fault that there's not going to be games in SA. Clearly they've forgotten the fact that the virus is still an issue in Victoria and there's a huge risk for it to be brought into SA, nah it's all apparently because of the Crows.

Nice to see that #portlogic is still alive and well

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Pretty impressive Adam Kelly here...

I'm actually really confused here.
I mean, do we actually have a guy in a role that is competent?
Imagine being so competent in your job that you don't have to try to talk down to people and/or flippantly brush questions aside as though they are beneath you.

I...I just don't know what to do here. He does work for the AFC yes?

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

Do they not understand that even if the State Government allowed Port and Adelaide to stay based in SA that we weren't getting any matches here.

From what I am aware both clubs were hoping for an exemption to be able to fly out of the state for games and be able to return without the 14 day quarantine.

It was never on the table that other teams were going to be allowed to fly into SA to play games. Yet apparently it's our fault that there's not going to be games in SA. Clearly they've forgotten the fact that the virus is still an issue in Victoria and there's a huge risk for it to be brought into SA, nah it's all apparently because of the Crows.

Port supporters are idiots. That's hardly news.
The sooner both clubs and supporters realise that our actually enemy is the puppet masters from the VFL, the better we will be.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's because of the precautions taken. Remove the precautions completely and you end up like the UK. Surely that isn't hard to understand?

Exactly

Plus car accidents aren’t contagious, so one incident can’t spread to other drivers

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thetrader15

SA Road Toll this year is was 36 when figures I saw in April
Deaths ins SA from this Virus is 4.
If we let Covid19 run rampant through the state by having no restrictions what do you think the death toll will be? Because the Health Dept estimate is 12,000

aabp1978

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another Caro hit piece...https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/afl-paying-a-heavy-price-for-failing-to-throw-book-at-crows-20200515-p54tav.html

Why 5AA continue to interview this clearly biased journalist I have no idea. And if she want some "book throwing"...why didnt the AFL throw the book at Cotchin for head high contact in the prelim against GWS in 17? Oh that is right, because it was Richmond....

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints

They are a special sort of stupid over there, not sure how our training stuff up caused the WA government to not allow FIFO into Perth for the two WA teams but that's Port logic for you.

The AFL have always played Port like a fiddle, they used them in 1990 to get the SANFL to budge - they were holding out for a better deal for the SA side until Port unwittingly played right into the VFL's hands.

Similar to how the move to AO went, Port were falling over themselves to get there - hence the dodgy deal from the SMA.

It's not us or the SANFL that are the bogey man, it is the Vic centric AFL but Port supporters can't see that far.

Herp derp its always the Crows fault.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Another Caro hit piece...https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/afl-paying-a-heavy-price-for-failing-to-throw-book-at-crows-20200515-p54tav.html

Why 5AA continue to interview this clearly biased journalist I have no idea. And if she want some "book throwing"...why didnt the AFL throw the book at Cotchin for head high contact in the prelim against GWS in 17? Oh that is right, because it was Richmond....

She is still clearly crying because she was banging on about how badly the Crows were going to get spanked by the AFL and when the decision was handed down it made her look like a complete fool.

Her argument is completely illogical and makes absolutely no sense.

How badly the Crows were punished had nothing at all to do with the decision, she is reaching massively with this and all it's doing is showing how massively butt h*rt she is about it.

Back