Opinion AFL Moving Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

She is still clearly crying because she was banging on about how badly the Crows were going to get spanked by the AFL and when the decision was handed down it made her look like a complete fool.

Her argument is completely illogical and makes absolutely no sense.

How badly the Crows were punished had nothing at all to do with the decision, she is reaching massively with this and all it's doing is showing how massively butt h*rt she is about it.
I think when dealing with the Vic media, you also have to understand that fear fuels their bias.

The Victorian's have just started to realise that West Coast are actually probably the biggest club in the AFL. They are extremely strong financially, have dedicated supporters, are well run and are very successful on field. In fact, their success is an issue for the Vic clubs.

As it is, they realise that West Coast is too big now to stop. BUT, the Crows have the ability to be like West Coast and so any opportunity to keep the Crows 'in their place' needs to be taken. If the Crows fully realised its potential, WC and Adelaide would regularly appear in GF's, win premierships and keep Victorian clubs out of their rightful place. They would also have significant strength that they could wield and would diminish the ability of the VFL to continue dictating the competition.

Right now the Crows are a looong way from being like West Coast, and that is exactly where they want us to stay.

I think when dealing with the Vic media, you also have to understand that fear fuels their bias.

The Victorian's have just started to realise that West Coast are actually probably the biggest club in the AFL. They are extremely strong financially, have dedicated supporters, are well run and are very successful on field. In fact, their success is an issue for the Vic clubs.

As it is, they realise that West Coast is too big now to stop. BUT, the Crows have the ability to be like West Coast and so any opportunity to keep the Crows 'in their place' needs to be taken. If the Crows fully realised its potential, WC and Adelaide would regularly appear in GF's, win premierships and keep Victorian clubs out of their rightful place. They would also have significant strength that they could wield and would diminish the ability of the VFL to continue dictating the competition.

Right now the Crows are a looong way from being like West Coast, and that is exactly where they want us to stay.
Thank you Mr Chapman

"The complexes at Palm Meadows and Royal Pines are in close proximity to Metricon Stadium, the Suns' stunning home base"

Clearly written by someone who hasn't been there before. Although I was stunned when my google maps said I was at the ground. I thought it was a nature reserve

I thought Metricon was a nice ground.
Parking was atrocious though

I liked the question at Gills press conference
"if another state allowed crowds for games and Victoria still didn't would the AFL consider moving the grand final?"

Nope we have a contract.

Surprise surprise it's not all about the number of people who can get in to watch the GF live.

******* corrupt VFL.
aren't there also contracts for clubs to play out of their home stadiums - so some contracts are fine to be broken by the AFL and others aren't - that is a question that should be put to Gill

aren't there also contracts for clubs to play out of their home stadiums - so some contracts are fine to be broken by the AFL and others aren't - that is a question that should be put to Gill

If the AFL was covered by any decent journalists these sort of questions would be asked, but unfortunately we all know the shocking level of what is called journalism in the AFL.

People have no idea how much influence the Victorian state government and the MCC have over the AFL on the grand final. In many ways the discussion around the Grand Final has been a talking point since 1984, when they wanted to play it a Waverly but the government banned it from happening. The contract is delivering $225 million dollars to the AFL, and considering the need for cash at this time, it's not going to allow that to be jeopardize.

I thought Metricon was a nice ground.
Parking was atrocious though
I went to a game there about 3 years ago and it was like an oval had just been lumped in the middle of a public reserve. A few Atsco huts out the back serving food and merchandise, and a wire fence separating it from the highway. And yet, with the 6000 crows fans who attended, parking was terrible.

Probably like Footy Park when it was first opened

1589514928463.png
1589515082794.png

Thank you Mr Chapman
Are you drunk? Chapman thinks that we are West Coast and that everything is going great. He is happy with where we are now, instead of looking at what we are capable of and realising that HE is one of the reasons we aren't there.
I'm the exact opposite of Chapman.

Are you drunk? Chapman thinks that we are West Coast and that everything is going great. He is happy with where we are now, instead of looking at what we are capable of and realising that HE is one of the reasons we aren't there.
Your sarcasm meter needs a little recalibration today

Sorry wasn’t referring to you as Mr Chapman, probably should have stated thanks to Mr Chapman is why we are so far behind WCE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This sums it up nicely.

West Coast's formation and early years in the comp were far from smooth, they didn't really want us, just our money. Because of that, West Coast are just as paranoid of Victorian clubs and the Victorian nature of the competition as they are about us (see big footy main board), which makes West Coast kind of insular and friendless.

West Coast have had it all, success, disappointment and their fair share of scandal. Over the years, the club has begrudgingly earned the respect of Victorian clubs.

Historically folks in South Australia have always been of the belief that they are better served aligning with Victoria than WA. You are far more likely to see Victorians and South Australians get in bed together than WA. South Australians and Victorians have a strange frenemy relationship I have never quite understood.

This sums it up nicely.

West Coast's formation and early years in the comp were far from smooth, they didn't really want us, just our money. Because of that, West Coast are just as paranoid of Victorian clubs and the Victorian nature of the competition as they are about us (see big footy main board), which makes West Coast kind of insular and friendless.

Historically folks in South Australia have always been of the belief that they are better served aligning with Victoria than WA. You are far more likely to see Victorians and South Australians get in bed together than WA. South Australians and Victorians have a strange frenemy relationship I have never quite understood.
It’s our trust issue of WCE for breaking ranks in the early stages of negotiations to form a national comp that are still there

It’s our trust issue of WCE for breaking ranks in the early stages of negotiations to form a national comp that are still there

Maybe. The story from our POV is we went alone cos SANFL told us we were fair weather friends and they had closer ties to VFL than to us.

Anyway, as it relates to your club, while it has been a difficult couple of years, I suspect you are closer to the end of the bad era than the beginning. The work that is left to be done is the rebuild, and how that is done will be key to how quickly we see Adelaide back towards the top of the ladder. It might not be this year, but I am sure you will be back in finals footy again soon.

Adelaide might just be going through something like we did in the mid/late 00's. We had our "rebellious adolescent phase" got a fair whack from the AFL, missed out on finals for 3 years, culminating in collecting our first and only wooden spoon before being able to bounce back, sounds familiar, eh?

Maybe. The story from our POV is we went alone cos SANFL told us we were fair weather friends and they had closer ties to VFL than to us.

Anyway, as it relates to your club, while it has been a difficult couple of years, I suspect you are closer to the end of the bad era than the beginning. The work that is left to be done is the rebuild, and how that is done will be key to how quickly we see Adelaide back towards the top of the ladder. It might not be this year, but I am sure you will be back in finals footy again soon.

Adelaide might just be going through something like we did in the mid/late 00's. We had our "rebellious adolescent phase" got a fair whack from the AFL, missed out on finals for 3 years, culminating in collecting our first and only wooden spoon before being able to bounce back, sounds familiar, eh?
A few senior positions need to be changed to get away from our acceptance of mediocrity, hopefully that releases the handbrake there are a lot of members and supporters hanging on by a thread

A few senior positions need to be changed to get away from our acceptance of mediocrity, hopefully that releases the handbrake there are a lot of members and supporters hanging on by a thread

Without weighing in on issues around CEO's and board members (which I don't know enough about), good luck. It would be nice to see the crows back playing good footy again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back