AFL Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Mike Brady song (variant on a theme)

Also "I'm Blue" was played for a brief period before Carlton games many moons ago

Also, this banger "We are the Navy Blues" was played for a brief time.

We've got another one!

Rhett Bartlett posted the ending to the 2001 AFL Grand Final.

It was a montage of classic footage set to various songs used by Channel 7 during their 45 year stint with the VFL/AFL. (I Do Love A Saturday Arvo, One Day in September, Up There Cazaly, Yes We Were There, Aussie Rules I Thank You, That's The Thing About Football, Rockin' Footy and When Footy Ruled The World.)

7 had a version of Yes We Were There (called Seven Was There) that i've been looking for for years now

And we've got another Grand Final Outro uploaded to YouTube thanks to Rhett Bartlett. This time for 1995.

Seven used "That's The Thing About Football" by Greg Champion for the outro this year. Maybe not the most exciting choice considering some of the other songs that have been used but again, An iconic footy song and the game itself was not a very exciting game. (Unless you're a Blues supporter.)

I also just found this on YouTube. Apparently TVW-7 aired this Motivation Video that was supposedly shown to the Eagles before the 1994 Grand Final (At least the first part of it.) as their outro in 1994 after the national coverage finished.

Rhett Bartlett just uploaded the Credits for the 2005 AFL Grand Final and I'm starting to notice a theme with Channel Ten's picks for Credit Music.

It's U2's Beautiful Day again.

I've got a Coodabeen Champions CD at home. Doesn't get much of a spin these days but pretty good nonetheless.

It's a shame that all the classic footy songs seemed to have stopped after the 90s/early 00s.

Go to YouTube and search on "The Fable Singers" They sang lots of old footy songs and here's my favourite - love this song and doesn't get the credit it deserves.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So having had enough of not being able to find a clean version anywhere online i decided to buy the album for Rock 'N Footy and stick it on youtube myself for anyone who wants to listen. There's also an instrumental and dance mix on the album as well. If it gets taken down it's going down, so enjoy it while possible

So having had enough of not being able to find a clean version anywhere online i decided to buy the album for Rock 'N Footy and stick it on youtube myself for anyone who wants to listen. There's also an instrumental and dance mix on the album as well. If it gets taken down it's going down, so enjoy it while possible

There's a similar sounding song used on SEN1116 many many moons ago.

Singer sounds like Donna Fisk too.

Could even be here.

Another one I can't find.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back