AFL not posting Grand Final package tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
G’Day all, a few weeks ago I took the punt to fork out over $2,000 on a ticket package to the Grand Final via the AFL Events Officer. The AFL had included a “secure express postage”, requiring a signature from the Australian Post.

However this afternoon I’ve received the following email advising I now have to go and collect my ticket:

F7E8B640-B543-47C7-97E0-AFB859E08ABC.png

I think it’s an absolute load of crap to change a condition they’d advertised and also included in the cost of the ticket. I understand the additional security that comes with forcing fans to collect their ticket with photo identification but I cannot believe they’re able to change something like this after they’ve taken thousands of dollars it payments. Being from regional Victoria it’s not just a case of quickly heading over to get the ticket.

I was wondering if others who purchased different packages have had the same email sent to them? Or how other fans who purchased a ticket through a package got their tickets?

I’ll make anything work and I’ll be there no matter what, just feeling very frustrated!

AFL was reading 'breaking into the grand final' on Bigfooty and discovered that an AP employee was jacking AFL tickets from Australia Post distribution centre, and hence now the security change......

G’Day all, a few weeks ago I took the punt to fork out over $2,000 on a ticket package to the Grand Final via the AFL Events Officer. The AFL had included a “secure express postage”, requiring a signature from the Australian Post.

However this afternoon I’ve received the following email advising I now have to go and collect my ticket:

View attachment 747761

I think it’s an absolute load of crap to change a condition they’d advertised and also included in the cost of the ticket. I understand the additional security that comes with forcing fans to collect their ticket with photo identification but I cannot believe they’re able to change something like this after they’ve taken thousands of dollars it payments. Being from regional Victoria it’s not just a case of quickly heading over to get the ticket.

I was wondering if others who purchased different packages have had the same email sent to them? Or how other fans who purchased a ticket through a package got their tickets?

I’ll make anything work and I’ll be there no matter what, just feeling very frustrated!

So unlike the AFL to do this and keep your postage money.

So unlike the AFL to do this and keep your postage money.
It’s ridiculous, i thought by paying this kind of money would rule out any of this nonsense.

Shame on me for keeping such faith in the AFL.

Ironically they sent the email five minutes before their Customer Service Team knocked off, I’ll be very interested to hear their explanation tomorrow.

Only thing I can think of Is that it is an anti scalping measure to either

A) Prevent people buying and on selling at a much higher cost to thousands of desperate tigers/pies/cats fans or tens of GWS fans next week

B) prevent people buying early and then selling if their team don’t make it

Either way, interested to hear customer service response so please update when you hear back OP

View attachment 747761

Normal for this kind of thing btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got a sense of how many of these packages are sold? I can come up with a hundred scenarios easily enough where people can't get there on the Friday and the AFL Event Ticket Collection Office (ha!) is only open for two hours on the day of the game.

Also what happens if someone booked one as a present for a family member or friend? Or they can't go due to unforeseen circumstance?

I’ve just gotten off the phone to their Customer Service, apparently “there was an issue with the tickets not arriving” to them in time to post so they won’t be able to post them out before the game.

They said they’ll be as flexible as possible with fans to allow them to get their tickets at a time that worked for them but then went on to inform me that no one will be able to get their tickets prior to the day before the Grand Final. I’m just about certain the AFL is to scared of fans getting their tickets early and on selling them so they’ve decided not to post any of them out.

I asked about the postage cost that was included in the ticket. The staff member tried to explain it was a “postage and handling fee” and there’s still cost involved for them to offer the tickets for collection that this will now include. if I wanted this addressed I need to send something through to them in writing.

Essentially there’s nothing that can be done, I’ll just have to come down earlier to get my ticket before the game. I’m sure it’s all just a cover up from the AFL in an attempt to stop scalping, a pain in the ass to be stuffed around though! (Especially when paying so much money)

The Keystone AFL. This is both outrageous and, disappointingly, utterly expected.

They probably hope people will cancel. Package will be worth 3 grand once pies tigers is locked in.
Watch these go for a song now that Collingwood lost the PF - particularly as Collingwood supporters who've already bought them early try and offload them to recoup some of their money back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back