News AFL plans two-day draft - confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

ffs. why?

It makes sense to do that in the american sports because there are 30+ picks and it takes up to 3 hours. The entire afl draft takes less than 3 hours.
My guess is the pick times will be 5 minutes instead of 2, and any trades that could happen on draft night will be encouraged to happen then by the AFL. All to make it go for around 2 hours, including pre and post pick wank.

My guess is the pick times will be 5 minutes instead of 2, and any trades that could happen on draft night will be encouraged to happen then by the AFL. All to make it go for around 2 hours, including pre and post pick wank.
And they'll be picked in the same order as the Herald Sun expert picks them in. First rnd of the draft is so predictable

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve done that since 1996 to watch the NBA draft.

And the last three years to watch the AFL draft.

I like your style.

I wish I could watch enough college ball to be informed about the NBA Draft.

I’m a huge Ducks fan, went there on exchange 15 years ago and fell in love with college hoops and football.

Interesting article (might of been from a BF member) on the live trading loophole currently open.

Clubs don't technically have to guess when their FS and NGA bids are coming in, they technically have 3 minutes (or however long the AFL decide is the final number) to engineer a trade before the end of their turn, if they have traded their current pick by the end of the end of the allotted time, they will be able to use later picks.

i.e:

Tarryn Thomas gets bid on at Pick 8.

North have pick 9.

North have 3 mins approx. to engineer a trade.

North trades pick 9 for Brisbane 2019 1st round pick before allotted time.

North match bid.

North use 2018 second rounder + other to match bid.

Interesting article (might of been from a BF member) on the live trading loophole currently open.

Clubs don't technically have to guess when their FS and NGA bids are coming in, they technically have 3 minutes (or however long the AFL decide is the final number) to engineer a trade before the end of their turn, if they have traded their current pick by the end of the end of the allotted time, they will be able to use later picks.

i.e:

Tarryn Thomas gets bid on at Pick 8.

North have pick 9.

North have 3 mins approx. to engineer a trade.

North trades pick 9 for Brisbane 2019 1st round pick before allotted time.

North match bid.

North use 2018 second rounder + other to match bid.
The AFL have already come out and squashed that "loophole".

Once a bid is made, North are on the clock and have two choices, match the bid or pass on the player. They are not allowed to trade a pick once a bid has been made.

No, I don't have the link, and can't be arsed looking for it. Twomey also talked about it on one of his recent podcasts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back