Rumour AFL player to retire (confirmed: Angus Brayshaw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't you be dreading the new season if you were a Melbourne supporter? Joel Smith allegedly dealing in cocaine under investigation (potentially his team mates too), Clayton Oliver ready to go off the rails at any given moment and now Angus giving it away.

I'm feeling alot of booing towards Bruzzy this season, which will be completely unwarranted and unfair....
Happened during our other finals, however was quickly quelled by magpie applause.

He's been working as a runner. How many injured players, even those that are allowed to run, perform that duty? I can't think of an example in recent times. Ever since he had a head injury against Daicos, he has not been the same.

Brayshaw's back training, can't think of someone else. Perhaps Hunter Clark, that's about it, though.
What happened KS, colouring outside the lines again?

This is really sad news. You don't want any opposition player to go out this way and especially when they still have so much more to give to the game.

I have seen some terrible comments floating around about the blood of our team, Bruz. Time to get around him, this must be distressing news. Even though the incident was completely accidental in my opinion, it would be natural for him to feel responsible.

Terrible situation all round.

As sad as it is, some Melbourne supporters are completely deluded or just plain ignorant.
Just reading some of the comments on their board regarding the Brayshaw retirement, they are blaming Maynard for Bradshaw's retirement, and calling Collingwood scum.
They do realise Brayshaw already had multiple concussions prior to the Maynard collision, hence why has been wearing a helmet since 2016.
Maynard's actions were to spoil, not bump, and that's why he was cleared by the tribunal, and his actions weren't deliberate.
Getting sick of all these news outlets talking about Brayshaw's retirement and referring to Maynard's bump all the time. Talk about the multiple concussions he has suffered which has lead to his retirement, not just keep talking about one.
If l was Bruzzy, l would be getting really p155ed off how the media is just continually talking about that collision....

Last edited:
Looks like he did himself a mischief. Wonder what the next username will be? Something to do with Tuddy would sound cool?
Have to check reddit for an upcoming announcement.

Wouldn't you be dreading the new season if you were a Melbourne supporter? Joel Smith allegedly dealing in cocaine under investigation (potentially his team mates too), Clayton Oliver ready to go off the rails at any given moment and now Angus giving it away.
Chances are high that it might even include players from other clubs that he was selling to, or allegedly selling to.

As sad as it is, some Melbourne supporters are completely deluded or just plain ignorant.
Just reading some of the comments on their board regarding the Brayshaw retirement, they are blaming Maynard for Bradshaw's retirement, and calling Collingwood scum.
They do realise Brayshaw already had multiple concussions prior to the Maynard collision, hence why has been wearing a helmet since 2016.
Maynard's actions were to spoil, not bump, and that's why he was cleared by the tribunal, and his actions weren't deliberate.
Getting sick of all these news outlets talking about Bradshaw's retirement and referring to Maynard's bump all the time. Talk about the multiple concussions he has suffered which has lead to his retirement, not just keep talking about one.
If l was Bruzzy, l would be getting really p155ed off how the media is just continually talking about that collision....
Does anyone really care what Dees fans think?

Getting sick of all these news outlets talking about Bradshaw's retirement and referring to Maynard's bump all the time. Talk about the multiple concussions he has suffered which has lead to his retirement, not just keep talking about one.

Especially when they have Picket in their line up.. whose been suspended for head high bumps how many times now?

I can recall at least the Cripps and Smith incidents

I get they are emotional… but pot-kettle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they best talk about how the * are they going to survive as a club - it’s a mess, Bradshaw ( and Murphy) were/are one more concussion from retirement

Lots of players are forced into early retirement for all sorts of reasons. It’s unfortunate but that’s life. Brayshaw is an intelligent well educated person and will most likely land a very good life post football. He’s a premiership player and has plenty to be proud of.

i don’t think we need to get caught up in that Maynard controversy all over again. What he did was accidental and within the rules. The rules have now been tightened to further protect players.

now, back to the football.

Will there be a "Welcome back to Collingwood Nathan Murphy" thread

Nothing surprising here, sh$t stain supporters, it's unfortunately the inevitable in most cases when you've had so many concussions.Wishing Brayshaw all the best for the future.

Last edited:
That's true, but we do have to factor in that Murph has had 10 concussions, and would he want to get to the Brayshaw situation where another scan has shown a change in his brain activity forcing him to retire.

Also every article l'm reading on Brayshaw's retirement they are referencing Maynard's bump, like this is the sole reason Angus has had to retire. Unfortunately and sadly for Brayshaw he did already suffer 8 or 9 other bad concussions prior to the Bruzzy incident.
I'm feeling alot of booing towards Bruzzy this season, which will be completely unwarranted and unfair....
Wont bother him. He played the ball and an accident occurred. End of story.

Boos will spur him on. Like the American Basketball female coach said , she thought they were just calling her boo

News corporation labelled Maynard a thug in its headline on this evidence

One user wrote: “Maynard gets a premiership medal and Brayshaw gets to move into assisted living at age 40. Thug.”

That is the evidence in total.

Consequently, I am branding rupert murdoch a paedophile.....

Melbournes midfield is being held together by a strand of Clayton Oliver’s ranger hair.

Unfortunate for Brayshaw, such is life with the new concept of the game and I'm dreading Nathan Murphy getting that call from the neurologists also....but for Melbourne people to bag Maynard for an accidental "smother" incident then I'd just be reminding them of Des Healey and what "Bluey Adams" did to him in the '55 Grand Final
download.jpg
that HIT ended Healey's career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back