AFL players are hopelessly out of touch

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

Honestly what absolute ******* out of touch knobs. People are losing their jobs every day in this country and Victoria is in shambles and these flogs are whinging about having to pay for their own bloody groceries, one wife can’t bare to let their face lack a bit of treatment. Absolutely embarrassing.

Sick of hearing the arse kissing journalists talking about the sacrifices they’re making to appease us too. Plenty of them are still on hundreds of thousands. Plenty of people in Victoria right now would do anything to get out of this state as well.

Tone deaf out of touch flogs.

Fox Sports AFL reporter Tom Morris has since revealed that the bulk of the “wacky” requests have come from the Richmond Tigers.

“The AFL is off them (the Tigers) massively. Self-entitlement is huge,” one club official reportedly said.

Morris reports that Richmond players were the ones who had asked the AFL to pay them back for their Coles online orders.

Wow. Never would've seen that one coming from the team that the AFL gifts a dream fixture every year.

Fox Sports AFL reporter Tom Morris has since revealed that the bulk of the “wacky” requests have come from the Richmond Tigers.

“The AFL is off them (the Tigers) massively. Self-entitlement is huge,” one club official reportedly said.

Morris reports that Richmond players were the ones who had asked the AFL to pay them back for their Coles online orders.

Wow. Never would've seen that one coming from the team that the AFL gifts a dream fixture every year.

So a reporter has reported on a reporter reporting that a club official reportedly said something.

Story may be legit but wow journalism stinks in this sport.

That's quite funny. A lot of guessing and hearsay, and things being "understood" without naming any sources or names, but still quite funny. There's a lot worse going on in the world than their current situation, even if they are doing a good thing for the game. At their wage, I'd do it too.

Not wrong. Some acted as if they were potentially at risk of dying for playing in the Bushfire Charity match.

I knew it was a lost cause when the media (and some sad fans) used to go bananas at Dangerfield doing some "impressions" as if it was hilarious and an actual personality as he laughed at himself doing the famous people voices.
They were always going to go this way with the adoration they get.

So a reporter has reported on a reporter reporting that a club official reportedly said something.

Story may be legit but wow journalism stinks in this sport.
Given the comments of Riewoldt and actions of Cotchin it's not hard to believe at all.

Steer clear of these AFL journalists. They have to write something to keep their jobs. If it means writing about schoolyard rumours they will. Obviously it’s hard if you’re bored. Concentrate on the facts of the game, not the home and away drama. Really who cares if Richmond or whoever have these requests? Maybe they have financial problems themselves? Gambling, bad business investments, etc. Getting caught up in Tom Morris, fox sports or channel 7 knob jocks drama is just feeding their bullshit. I don’t know the suggestion to feed peoples boredom. Silence or some music is better than listening or reading these journalists (if you could call them that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are there to play football not look beautiful while doing so. Not everyone can be as glamorous as Warrick Capper, or Clive Waterhouse.

Or Nathan Carroll.

Yeah, Tiges def taking the p!ss staying in student/athlete dorm accommodation.

It was temporary to begin with - the AFL planned to move the club to Royal Pines. But the Tigers elected to stay put, broadly happy with the setup.

Geelong’s accommodation at the back of Southport, at least 10 minutes from the water, is also modest. Their hotel was the AFL’s first isolation hub on the Gold Coast.

But you certainly won’t hear the Cats complaining. The club has a job to do, the players have a job to do

Different clubs are used to different levels of treatment, I suppose.

It was temporary to begin with - the AFL planned to move the club to Royal Pines. But the Tigers elected to stay put, broadly happy with the setup.

Geelong’s accommodation at the back of Southport, at least 10 minutes from the water, is also modest. Their hotel was the AFL’s first isolation hub on the Gold Coast.

But you certainly won’t hear the Cats complaining. The club has a job to do, the players have a job to do

Different clubs are used to different levels of treatment, I suppose.
I know, look at the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back