AFL players are hopelessly out of touch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Higgins aside, I don't think there's one likeable player in the Richmond best 22 - you can imagine my shock to learn they're also a bunch of pampered primadonnas.

Maybe we're just expecting too much from a heap of guys in their 20's who's only skill is kicking a leather ball around a field for a couple of hours a week.

Jack Higgins aside, I don't think there's one likeable player in the Richmond best 22 - you can imagine my shock to learn they're also a bunch of pampered primadonnas.

Maybe we're just expecting too much from a heap of guys in their 20's who's only skill is kicking a leather ball around a field for a couple of hours a week.
Half the 22 came off rookie listings and such. Hardly pampered primadonna's. Those guys fought tooth and nail to get to where they are, Lambert, Aarts, Pickett, Stack, Chol etc. The primadonna's, if there is such a thing in football come from the private school drafts.

Half the 22 came off rookie listings and such. Hardly pampered primadonna's. Those guys fought tooth and nail to get to where they are, Lambert, Aarts, Pickett, Stack, Chol etc. The primadonna's, if there is such a thing in football come from the private school drafts.
So they can’t be prima donnas now they are on an AFL list? You lot better put your hand up as legal counsel next time a beloved Tiger faces court, you’d have them free in minutes.....

It looks like West Coast have gamen
For 5 rounds before returning home.

I thought referencing a woman by her husbands profession went out in the 50's, and given the tone of derision used by the poster, I don't think it perfectly fine. As a joke no problem. I know what my better half would think.
Yeah I reckon your better half would send you off whilst she stayed here in isolation.

Honestly what absolute ******* out of touch knobs. People are losing their jobs every day in this country and Victoria is in shambles and these flogs are whinging about having to pay for their own bloody groceries, one wife can’t bare to let their face lack a bit of treatment. Absolutely embarrassing.

Sick of hearing the arse kissing journalists talking about the sacrifices they’re making to appease us too. Plenty of them are still on hundreds of thousands. Plenty of people in Victoria right now would do anything to get out of this state as well.

Tone deaf out of touch flogs.

Why generalize? If you’d had just put the word “some” at the beginning of your title we’d all agree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this a story? Are Gill and the AFL really ‘Infuriated’. If the requests are outside the agreement or are over the top just smile and say:
“No sorry. We can’t accommodate that request, however you are more than welcome to purchase your own mattress/different food/doona/gym equipment, have a nice day” Big smile.

All jokes aside - how much of a shitbox league is this if they can’t keep this kind of stuff out of the papers?...
How much of a s**t shitbox society have we become by reading, reacting (some very passionatley) and openly opining on something so irrelevant as this........ we all just walk into the modern s**t media trash trap.

Last edited:

Reckon Houli, Lambert, Astbury and Edwards all seem like decent enough guys too. Love 'Snags' Higgins though

So they can’t be prima donnas now they are on an AFL list? You lot better put your hand up as legal counsel next time a beloved Tiger faces court, you’d have them free in minutes.....
Primadonna's does denote privilege as a rule. Bit like the caste system, you are born into it. Not sure that the likes of the names I mentioned earlier fit that category.

This should never had happened and is a terrible look for both the game and the club.

But if people on here don’t think that this type of issue isn’t happening within their club they are crazy. What happened here and much worse is happening every day in footy.

Diddums

Honestly what absolute ******* out of touch knobs. People are losing their jobs every day in this country and Victoria is in shambles and these flogs are whinging about having to pay for their own bloody groceries, one wife can’t bare to let their face lack a bit of treatment. Absolutely embarrassing.

Sick of hearing the arse kissing journalists talking about the sacrifices they’re making to appease us too. Plenty of them are still on hundreds of thousands. Plenty of people in Victoria right now would do anything to get out of this state as well.

Tone deaf out of touch flogs.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty much. I hope Richmond dont make the same ridiculous mistakes we made and nip it now

Are you referring to the Eagles in the early 2000s, or their time in the hub ?.

A lot of teams at the top of their reign, get big heads and lose track of what is correct behaviour.

From my place on the grassy knoll, I can see Richmond getting a bit “loose”. The reins need to be pulled tighter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back