AFL players are hopelessly out of touch

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness, Richmond are developing a terrible club culture if we keep listening to what the press is saying and believing it.

Success has gone to their head and you get the feel its going to impact their fortunes going forward

Says a supporter of the only other club to whinge about the hubs as much as Richmond have.

In all seriousness, Richmond are developing a terrible club culture if we keep listening to what the press is saying and believing it.

Success has gone to their head and you get the feel its going to impact their fortunes going forward

Following in West Coasts footsteps by the looks

Richmond players are horribly out of touch you mean. I know its not a problem at the Eagle s

Wasnt really reported anywhere but every Eagles young player who had their wages cut, actually went and got part time jobs to help tie them over. Even Mark Hutchings got a normal job to tie him over

Richmond on the other hand went on a media sob campaign then started up a GoFundMe page to donate to their players......

I heard that richmond only agreed to go to qld because they were promised an audience with peter dutton, so that they could all have an au pair for their duration. apparently its been knocked back though and the coles delivery was meant to be a compromise so that they could still go shopping, but since the afl have cancelled that the players are all going to boycott and go back to victoria after the darwin game.

all except for cotchin, whose been promised the premiership of qld. this was actually a mistake by the qld government and the afl, they thought they were simply offering him the afl premiership, but the fine print actually clarified it as being the premier of qld. apparently his first act was to send casboults family tickets to the theme parks. it was meant to be a distraction so that mrs could go to the salon, but he didnt count on her posting it to facebook.

martins been the only one who has been reasonable in this. apparently all he asked for was some chopsticks and a 1-on-1 interview.

other than that, i can confirm that the club who wanted extra walls put up in the hotel was collingwood. apparently the players were concerned for their wags upon hearing that degoey was going to be allowed to play. thats since been rescinded since he hurt his hands.

Last saucy tidbit is that north melbournes fine is to be revoked. investigations revealed that north can't afford to hire a bus for the players families, and it was actually a kidnapping attempt. fortunately the bus was being driven by the bloke at the epa who determined that the adani mine would not have any environmental impact, so he was easily tricked by one of the wags into delivering them to the stadium instead. shes going to receive a medal and i cant reveal the name but i can say that it rhymes with pasper jittard.

A bit of sad news, im not sure who it is but the player who requested to take their puppy is a non-victorian recruit from last year. they wanted to take the puppy because they had no family in victoria, and hadn't had the chance to make friends outside of the club, so they had noone to look after it for them. Unfortunately its had to be left on its own to starve. Gil was going to allow it but was overruled by Hamish for undisclosed reasons, but hes recently been spotted by police sitting in is car and cackling.

what ?
The club that initially refused pay cuts
the club that refused to go into a hub
the captain who voted no to hubs then voted yes when his team wasn't affected
the coach who sooked about WA teams training
the captain who sooked on tv
the vice captain who sooked on tv
the entitled self absorbed WAGS who are flouting the Covid rules

i'm shocked to be sitting here

How stupid must the management group at the Tigers be. Surely the players are not going direct to the AFL with these requests, but via team management. For the management to then escalate such trivial and ridiculous requests to head office, shows that they may be unable to manage/control the ego's of the players and wives by putting some perspective on the situation.

I heard that richmond only agreed to go to qld because they were promised an audience with peter dutton, so that they could all have an au pair for their duration. apparently its been knocked back though and the coles delivery was meant to be a compromise so that they could still go shopping, but since the afl have cancelled that the players are all going to boycott and go back to victoria after the darwin game.

all except for cotchin, whose been promised the premiership of qld. this was actually a mistake by the qld government and the afl, they thought they were simply offering him the afl premiership, but the fine print actually clarified it as being the premier of qld. apparently his first act was to send casboults family tickets to the theme parks. it was meant to be a distraction so that mrs could go to the salon, but he didnt count on her posting it to facebook.

martins been the only one who has been reasonable in this. apparently all he asked for was some chopsticks and a 1-on-1 interview.

other than that, i can confirm that the club who wanted extra walls put up in the hotel was collingwood. apparently the players were concerned for their wags upon hearing that degoey was going to be allowed to play. thats since been rescinded since he hurt his hands.

Last saucy tidbit is that north melbournes fine is to be revoked. investigations revealed that north can't afford to hire a bus for the players families, and it was actually a kidnapping attempt. fortunately the bus was being driven by the bloke at the epa who determined that the adani mine would not have any environmental impact, so he was easily tricked by one of the wags into delivering them to the stadium instead. shes going to receive a medal and i cant reveal the name but i can say that it rhymes with pasper jittard.

A bit of sad news, im not sure who it is but the player who requested to take their puppy is a non-victorian recruit from last year. they wanted to take the puppy because they had no family in victoria, and hadn't had the chance to make friends outside of the club, so they had noone to look after it for them. Unfortunately its had to be left on its own to starve. Gil was going to allow it but was overruled by Hamish for undisclosed reasons, but hes recently been spotted by police sitting in is car and cackling.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/482088/tigers-to-leave-skipper-in-queensland

information verified

Lol, I never want to hear again about how Geelong are 'whingers' because we want home finals.

We got handed the most ridiculous fixture - 4 games in 18 days -, our coach took a 100% pay cut, and we're not batting an eyelid at 'sacrifices' being made. We're just getting on with it.

Meanwhile, the two premiers of the last 3 years, have whinged about everything, and now Richmond have somehow gotten even more entitled - if it was all possible.

Yeah lol...it must be f*ckin' difficult being able to leave the hotel after 8pm, and walk around and breathe freely in nice ambient weather.

Pathetic.

How stupid must the management group at the Tigers be. Surely the players are not going direct to the AFL with these requests, but via team management. For the management to then escalate such trivial and ridiculous requests to head office, shows that they may be unable to manage/control the ego's of the players and wives by putting some perspective on the situation.
If of course it is true. One journalists comments do not make it valid. We have pretty much no idea of the requests or the process or even if they are true or valid or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what ?

- one player mentioned it, hardly the club.

- which hub is that, the one the WA or SA players are in. Hard to criticise when you don't have to do it yourself.
St.Kilda, North, Essendon, Doigs, Carlton and Richmond all left after the AFL told them to go due to outbreak in Victoria. Hardly 'the' club that refused to go.

- how weren't his team affected by going into a hub. Your team is not affected. Houli and Edwards chose not to go. Cotchin said it was up the player and their families to decide for themselves. He took his family, the only player that did.

- if you remember Adelaide got fined for training when they shouldn't have. AFL directive because it gives the teams not under isolation an advantage. Every coach in Victoria, and every player would have said or thought the same thing.

- do tell, oh the bit where he said he didn't want to leave his young family. What a brat.

- see above, but a few month old first baby. You reckon every footballer with a young baby or family wouldn't have thought exactly the same thing.

- wife of one, not plural. Made a mistake, like 5 other clubs have done. WAGS is a little insulting when you talk about a 30 year old mother of 3, or you think that perfectly okay.

- which hub is that, the one the WA or SA players are in. Hard to criticise when you don't have to do it yourself.
St.Kilda, North, Essendon, Doigs, Carlton and Richmond all left after the AFL told them to go due to outbreak in Victoria. Hardly 'the' club that refused to go.

- wife of one, not plural. Made a mistake, like 5 other clubs have done. WAGS is a little insulting when you talk about a 30 year old mother of 3, or you think that perfectly okay.
You do realise the 4 clubs from those states were in a Queensland hub at the start of the season, right?

Also lmao, it is perfectly fine to call a 30yo mother of 3 a WAG. Do you know what WAG stands for?

- how weren't his team affected by going into a hub. Your team is not affected. Houli and Edwards chose not to go. Cotchin said it was up the player and their families to decide for themselves. He took his family, the only player that did.

- if you remember Adelaide got fined for training when they shouldn't have. AFL directive because it gives the teams not under isolation an advantage. Every coach in Victoria, and every player would have said or thought the same thing.

- do tell, oh the bit where he said he didn't want to leave his young family. What a brat.

- see above, but a few month old first baby. You reckon every footballer with a young baby or family wouldn't have thought exactly the same thing.

Nice sook, you've been taking notes after watching your club.

You do realise the 4 clubs from those states were in a Queensland hub at the start of the season, right?

Also lmao, it is perfectly fine to call a 30yo mother of 3 a WAG. Do you know what WAG stands for?
For 5 rounds before returning home.

I thought referencing a woman by her husbands profession went out in the 50's, and given the tone of derision used by the poster, I don't think it perfectly fine. As a joke no problem. I know what my better half would think.

No surprises there that it’s Richmond sooking it up the most.

here here tiggies.

That’s hilarious coming from a Geelong supporter
9398de756b33049503864f68e0ceb040.jpg

what ?

At least they aren't groping each other...oh wait...yes they are

On the topic of AFL players being out of touch, I have a question. Would it be fair to say that players in their workplace, grabbing the genitals of, and sticking their fingers up the bum of one of their coworkers is a really good example of them being out of touch? I get that the argument will probably be that its just a bit of fun and its just how blokes play around, but given how seriously sexual harassment in the workplace is being treated right now and bullying and so on, how can they honestly think that thats not gonna be made an issue of, especially when its done on camera during the club song? It just seemed really bizzare, given that it seems like every second headline these days is someones grovelling apology that they didnt realize their joke had made someone uncomfortable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back