Rumour AFL Players Faking Mental Illnesses To Avoid Drug Tests?

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct there are degrees of mental illness and if you need drugs to cope with that illness you shouldn't be playing football. I think we are all aware that SOME players are using mental illness to avoid drug tests and most people know why.
Great, so players taking pain killers should not be playing too then.

Again , you fail the consistency test.

I don't even know why players are tested for recreational drugs. It's a right of passage for young people.As long as it's not performance enhancing who cares what they do in their personal life.
On one hand, I agree - but I think that Chris Mainwaring, Chad Fletcher, Daniel Kerr and Ben Cousins all ruining their lives forced the AFL's hand.

In this case we are talking about mental illness not pain killers.
In some sports SOME people take pain killers to mask some other things they have put into their bodies.
Why on earth, especially if they are getting help and say that they're ok to play, would they not play?

Plenty of people will take meds all their life to deal with mental health issues. Should they never play football or something?

That was a very different scenario though - this is clearly the recreational drug policy, and there are questions over what right the AFL has to test.

There are no such questions over performance-enhancing substances.

I know it is a very different scenario but it just adds to it in its own way. The tough stance thing!? Plus being drugs in its own right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back