AFL Players Read What We Write Online

Remove this Banner Ad

**** the players that still play, it's the ones that have long finished their careers but still get spoken about around here that get my sympathy.
A shitty five year, 30 game player probably did as well as a 150 gamer back in the 90s. Joke.

A shitty five year, 30 game player probably did as well as a 150 gamer back in the 90s. Joke.

They can't help the era in which they are born and subsequently drafted!

But that's not what I am referring to. It's about things like being "the worst Brownlow winner" or "they drafted him before that guy" or "he was the laziest player ever" or getting a medal for being the worst player on the ground in a GF.

But that's not what I am referring to. It's about things like being "the worst Brownlow winner" or "they drafted him before that guy" or "he was the laziest player ever" or getting a medal for being the worst player on the ground in a GF.
Agree that stuff would be something that would play on your mind.

The media views that as harmless too which is why I find them having a crack at us fans hilarious. They're always ones to bring up drafting mistakes and keep bringing blokes up even though they're finished with footy.

Exactly right mate. Imagine if a bloke like Richard Tambling ever read an AFL related thread. Poor fella.

I mean short of threats/wishing ill on someone, I don't really have any issues posting. I don't buy the argument "you shouldn't say anything you wouldn't say to their face" either - I wouldn't walk up to Kristian Jaksch in a club and say "the club made the right choice in delisting you" but I sure as * will say it here because this is a forum for discussing football and it's players, the positives and the negatives.

Players love attention when it's girls throwing themselves at them, but don't like it when it's not all love and rainbows.

I mean short of threats/wishing ill on someone, I don't really have any issues posting. I don't buy the argument "you shouldn't say anything you wouldn't say to their face" either - I wouldn't walk up to Kristian Jaksch in a club and say "the club made the right choice in delisting you" but I sure as **** will say it here because this is a forum for discussing football and it's players, the positives and the negatives.

Players love attention when it's girls throwing themselves at them, but don't like it when it's not all love and rainbows.
Same. I wouldnt walk up to JJ and tell him he is soft just to say something. But if football came up in the conversation and he asked I would suggest for a player his size he could go in a bit harder. ;)

Pretty sure Chris Scott reads or gets our comments through the grapevine. Shame he doesn't heed them though.

Who invited Adam Goodes to the board?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, when did we become soft little snow flakes? Just watched the ufc 217 presser and there are insults being thrown around everywhere. It's called being an adult human. Man up, Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Duckwood, if you're out there, you're the biggest ducker, sook, and umpire's mummy's boy in the entire history of the sport, by a long, long way, and you and your whining coach drag the rest of your team down to your level...

This has made me think of celebrities read mean tweets

This site may become something else if the footy show did something like players read mean bigfooty posts segments. Would be hilarious

heres what i'm talking about

What a load of crap. Feral fans sitting on the fence hurl more abuse at players while they are performing. The players have no choice but to try and ignore it.
Well......not all players choose to ignore ferals behind the fence.
67b0a05ae3786ae43299f157c02e6056

I am sick to death of being told i am responsible for the feelings of people i dont know and have never met. And that none of the responsibility is on them to maybe not be fawning divas looking for praise on the internet and getting sore because people make hurtful comments (mostly untrue).

Grow the f up. These idiots get 6 figures, more support than a war vet, and get all the benefits of being an adult for none of the sacrifice.
szau3xvk4flx.png

If I were an AFL player I'd sleep on a big pile of money with many beautiful women.
and you'd get tired of it after fifteen minutes.. it just doesn't cut the mustard.. or else the salami.. or else the earlobes.. or well you get the drifter who
is waiting in line after you..

having said that let me say this.. it is a blast but only for a short afternoon when everyone is racing the time clock and has to be somewhere else and so it ends very quickly and get out of town is the words of the day...

ya know don't ya...

This is a nice troll.

Footballers make sacrifices... biggest horseshit thing around, this saying. So what, they turn down going to a party when they're 17 because they have a game the next morning. People do this at suburban levels every weekend and pay for the privilege of it. What else do they really give up? I know about ten kids who have been drafted and the most intensive one has tried, was going to the gym every day and going for a run on the days he didn't have training. It isn't that crazy. They are usually extremely popular kids within their social circles who come from lucky backgrounds. They don't give up s**t.

Also, a surgeon, even a ****in' GP puts in five to ten years of hardcore studying and practice to get to a level where they can you know, physically help humans from being sick or injured. Nurses are on their feet for 24 hours sometimes, rushing around, not getting lunch breaks, putting up with angry people, drunk people, sick people, getting mucus on them, seeing patients die... they love to ******* bitch about how hard their job is, yes, but they still work pretty hard and the end result is helpful to society.

AFL footballers have a sick lifestyle. They get up around 7:30, get a coffee which they usually don't pay for, stroll down to a brand new facility where they listen to some coach talk s**t they don't understand, before walking out and running around for two hours. So what, it might be really hot or cold that day... again: so what. They then go for lunch with their friends or sit around the club where generally the food is made for them and they pool their money together or in richer clubs, their lunch is paid for and made by someone at the club. They then use a gym for free whereas many Australians with enough time usually pay to use a gym. They then go home where they either rent, and unlike most young people, their rent isn't 50-60% of their pay packet. Or, they have a deposit on a million dollar home in a very nice suburb. Generally they jump on tinder or instagram and get some chick around who most people would find attractive. On the weekend they go to a pub and don't flinch at paying $12.50 for a pint (they all drink s**t like Draught anyway), then they head to a nightclub and don't have to worry about getting there early to get in. They don't pay to get in, and they don't find themselves sitting on a couch at 3am wishing they had a girl to go home with. They do the same s**t and at the end of the year get about six to seven weeks off whereas the average Aussie is lucky to get two weeks off over Christmas. They go to America and go to shitholes like Vaaaygasss. If they are delisted, even if you haven't played a game, having on your resumé you were on a rookie list will seriously seriously help you. Not to mention the contacts. Or the uni degrees and certificates the AFL pay for. Their day to day lifestyle is awesome and their long time one is of intense privilege.

Yes. Many have struggles. Everything is relative. They feel sad, they have break ups, they have people die, they had a bad childhood. But so too do the wider public.
One of the best post I've read on Bigfooty.

Dropping some serious truth bombs, in the wider scale of society, AFL player will never face the negavtive economic struggles that the average young person does. Even in our wealthy country, AFL players are considered on average to be earning upper class wages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back