AFL players to take pay cuts in order to carry the AFLW?

Remove this Banner Ad

You absolutely do have issues with it, as you clearly have stated in this thread before. Now you're just backing down becuase they were ridiculous things to say.
Not backing down at all. I am clearly saying that my issue is NOT with the existence of the AFLW side or comp, but with the fact that I am hearing about it on the same level as the AFL side, and I think members should be able to choose if they want to see that content or not. I am not interested in it, and should not have to see it at all club functions and media releases and interviews.

Re-read my posts and find anything to the contrary.

To be clear,
Nobody is advocating equal pay between the men's and women's leagues any time soon

When the AFLW expands to fourteen teams in 2020 the salary cap per club will increase to $506,453 – the tiers ranging from $14,293 to $26,240. These amounts will also apply for 2021. The salary cap will increase for 2022 to $538,107 with tiers ranging from $15,187 to $27,860. Incorporating ASA, Ambassador and Finals’ payments average income for 2020 and 2021 will be approximately $18,088 and $19,143 for 2022.

We are fielding a team for less than the price of Polec. And getting paid by the AFL to do so.

Not backing down at all. I am clearly saying that my issue is NOT with the existence of the AFLW side or comp, but with the fact that I am hearing about it on the same level as the AFL side, and I think members should be able to choose if they want to see that content or not. I am not interested in it, and should not have to see it at all club functions and media releases and interviews.

Uh huh

"I dont mind them existing i just get personally offended (to an insane level for an assumed adult with emotional regulation skills) when they exist in any way near me!"

Uh huh

"I dont mind them existing i just get personally offended (to an insane level for an assumed adult with emotional regulation skills) when they exist in any way near me!"
What about the bit "not interested" that's so hard to understand?
I am not interested in plenty of other sports either, and as long as I don't have to watch them or read about them, it doesn't bother me. But for some reason AFL and NMFC now think that every AFL fan is automatically an AFLW fan. Which is a mistake.

Oh, would you look at that, a whole thread of outrage based on complete bullshit.

Correct. NMFC is in the business of winning premierships. Anything else should only be there to aid that.
. OBJECTS
The objects for which the Club is established are to:
(a) maintain, provide, support and field a team or teams of footballers bearing
the name of North Melbourne Football Club to compete in the AFL;
(b) encourage the game or sport of Australian Rules Football in general; and
(c) undertake and or do all things or activities as are necessary, incidental or
conducive to the advancement of these objects including providing services
and facilities to Members and engaging in income generating activities.

What about the bit "not interested" that's so hard to understand?
I am not interested in plenty of other sports either, and as long as I don't have to watch them or read about them, it doesn't bother me. But for some reason AFL and NMFC now think that every AFL fan is automatically an AFLW fan. Which is a mistake.
I do love that you think you havent made that clear yet.

IMG_2439.JPG
That’s an example of what I’m talking about.

You’ll never see this from an EPL club, who all have woman’s teams as well. Because they are smart enough to realize that there is no need to market a product to all supporters that big chunk of them aren’t interested in. I want the club to remain first and foremost an AFL club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

. OBJECTS
(c) undertake and or do all things or activities as are necessary, incidental or
That line must have been taken from Gold Coast Suns constitution ;)

I think there's a real market for women's football that hasn't fully actualised yet. In such a short amount of time the participation rates in womens' footy has skyrocketed. Like in WMMA, it's going to take time for the average skill level to increase to the point where all players seem professional.

I don't enjoy it (mainly because of the lack of emotional connection to the team), but I believe that North Melbourne would have been significantly disadvantaged in future decades if they hadn't invested in the AFLW as heavily as they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It takes guts to post this.

Unfortunately many many more remain silent due to the fear of the inevitable orchestrated shaming exercise that accompanies such honesty.

Last edited:
View attachment 822604

You’ll never see this from an EPL club, who all have woman’s teams as well. Because they are smart enough to realize that there is no need to market a product to all supporters that big chunk of them aren’t interested in. I want the club to remain first and foremost an AFL club.

Yes, yes, i can see how seeing a woman would make you feel angry. That is completely reasonable and not in any way a sign of a lacking on your part. They should be held responsible for your emotions by not being there.

. OBJECTS

Statements conjured up by political parasites have no force of action in the first place.

It applies to them only.

View attachment 822604

Awesome, let's be an EPL club like say Leeds, that died and betrayed its members. Or Man U where only rich tourists get seats.

I get it, you hate and fear women.

It is very obvious - you should get help with that.

The club shouldn't automatically assume that the AFLW side is of interest to everyone.

You just summed up the political hijacking of the club in a single sentence.

We haven't asked for it, it was shoved down our throats. It's the typical stunt that has led to the disenfranchisement of the Australian political parties and the population. We are just troglodytes that should fork over money and dance to the orders of our "betters".

Yes, yes, i can see how seeing a woman would make you feel angry. That is completely reasonable and not in any way a sign of a lacking on your part. They should be held responsible for your emotions by not being there.
I was expecting some idiot to say that. :)

It means at no point in the foreseeable future will the women's teams be asking for equal pay. What do you think it means?
I can't see 100 years into the future mate.

What are you basing the AFLW pricing factors upon then? Their ability to generate their own income?

View attachment 822604

Mazda sponsors the women's team as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back