AFL players to take pay cuts in order to carry the AFLW?

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the bit "not interested" that's so hard to understand?
I am not interested in plenty of other sports either, and as long as I don't have to watch them or read about them, it doesn't bother me. But for some reason AFL and NMFC now think that every AFL fan is automatically an AFLW fan. Which is a mistake.
You have heard of the ‘off button’, the channel up/down button on the remote control, the don’t read some articles in the paper, don’t open a club AFL page?

Just saying, because between you and Snake, you seem to be having a seriously hard time dealing with our AFLW team.

RUOK?

DO THEY?!

Can you point me to the actual itemized costings of the AFLW side in the annual report?

"AFLW it's more like coca cola selling sprite"

That is officially brilliant. Welcome to my signature.
Any snappy comeback champ?

Come on, you told me how I should do my job, please enlighten us as to why your initial POV was correct, despite evidence to the contrary. Or should we consider everything you have ever posted, bar talking about the men’s team as being complete s**t?

Asking for a friend.

snake
Any snappy comeback champ?

Come on, you told me how I should do my job, please enlighten us as to why your initial POV was correct, despite evidence to the contrary. Or should we consider everything you have ever posted, bar talking about the men’s team as being complete s**t?

Asking for a friend.
The thread should have been closed days ago, the original discussion was that scoop maclure posted a speculation piece that slightly alluded to the potential of the next bargaining agreement being joint between AFL and AFLW players, possibly leading to the men taking a paycut

Then p3 or p4 a clarification article was posted by tef himself saying that while a joint agreement between the men and women is a possibility there's no discussion to be had about the men taking less money so the women get more.

Thread should have been done then. Instead it's become accusations of Lord knows what going every which way and very little verifiable fact, especially from snake.

I can't stand watching it. It's less skilled then an under 13's match. Fair enough on the lower levels, but wow it's bad they are shoving it down our throats when the product is so poor.
So you are being forced to watch it are you?

If they are not holding a gun to your head, forcing you to watch it, and you hate it so, why are you watching it?

Could it be that you are the fundamentalist Andrew Bolt ABC hating campaigner?

Always complaining, always watching (by choice), yet never willing to change their mind?

Fanatic, misogynist and sad.

Now carry on with your outrage. I fully expect to see your report in how your meeting with your club went with this matter. I am sure you and snake can do a duo posting.

Good luck.

Without AFLW i would never had the pleasure of watching jassy garner play.

She's one of the most fluent and natural footballers I've ever seen.

This s**t has ruined this forum for me. I have had an account for a long time and haven't posted much I know, but this pointless bickering just ******* ruins it. There's another North Melbourne team which means more games, more players we can love and more footy. What's the fu**en problem

Is it bickering or is it one sook screaming so loudly that the restaurant doesn't have his favourite ice cream that everyone else's night is ruined?

Is it bickering or is it one sook screaming so loudly that the restaurant doesn't have his favourite ice cream that everyone else's night is ruined?

Touché Jean Luc. And may I comment on what a fine career you had. I guess I'm a woke little bitch because I like women's football and have seen some movies with subtitles.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, it's basically one person filling thread after thread with toxic rubbish.
The enjoyment of this place is greatly reduced as a consequence.
It's been allowed to continue for many years so can't see it changing.
The only solution I can see is that every person who is fed up with it all simply ignores and doesn't engage with that particular poster.

The only solution I can see is that every person who is fed up with it all simply ignores and doesn't engage with that particular poster.
[/QUOTE]

There should be a way for admins to mute a person so they can continue to post but nobody sees it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have completed some "serious" research on this situation. It seems that the average pay for an AFLM player is around $380000 per annum, give or take a few thousand. The average pay for an AFLW player is around $20000 per annum, give or take a few hundred.

How dare anyone countenance the prospect of the AFLM players losing a few thousand dollars a year to hand a few hundred to AFLW players?

If anything, surely, yes, surely it should be the other way around, shouldn't it??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only solution I can see is that every person who is fed up with it all simply ignores and doesn't engage with that particular poster

There should be a way for admins to mute a person so they can continue to post but nobody sees it.

On the flip side, having to read said person's posts has been an interesting study in their inability to see themselves.

Spot on post though StiffArm. Perhaps said poster could make good on his threats of creating his own forum, and we could all get a break from having threads constantly derailed by his fear-based views and increasingly deranged arguments. I've been told by a very reliable source on here that an entire team was once formed out of his alt accounts and identities, so I'm sure he'd have lots of people to talk to on there.

Plus, he could invite Derrick, like a quarantine buddy: https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/man-s-meltdown-over-aflw-enters-fourth-year

All that being said, like your good self, I can't see it changing either. So it's on with the ignoring I guess.✌:rainbow:

So you are being forced to watch it are you?

If they are not holding a gun to your head, forcing you to watch it, and you hate it so, why are you watching it?

Could it be that you are the fundamentalist Andrew Bolt ABC hating campaigner?

Always complaining, always watching (by choice), yet never willing to change their mind?

Fanatic, misogynist and sad.

Now carry on with your outrage. I fully expect to see your report in how your meeting with your club went with this matter. I am sure you and snake can do a duo posting.

Good luck.
Nice rant. I never said I'm been force to watch it smart mouth. I said it's all over the app and the news for such a poor product.

Nice rant. I never said I'm been force to watch it smart mouth. I said it's all over the app and the news for such a poor product.

If you are going to persist in posting your absurd views here, at least have the good grace to post coherently. Thank-you.

Your blokes team gets a s**t tonne of coverage for a pack of whinging pant wetting sooks that only wins a flag once a century.

Piss off back to your own board.

Yes I posted non coherently 🙄. Most know the product is poor and should never have reached the highest level.

Still struggling with the language? I think you will find it is incoherently though I suppose non coherently works.

Perhaps you might have prefaced your second sentence with the words, "In my opinion". Try this, being my way of getting my point across.

In my opinion most think that the product is good, is improving and should definitely be played at the highest point.

From its beginnings 4 years ago, the standard has definitely improved. Yesterday we saw the North girls implementing an improving game plan, and to a lesser extent, so too the GWS girls. They will get better incrementally, rest assured and we will eventually see a competition that will be as thrilling and of a similar skill standard to that of the AFLM competition.

I rather suspect that players representing the VFAM/VFLM competitions, in their formative years, also struggled "at the highest level".

1581815442020.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back