AFL players to take pay cuts in order to carry the AFLW?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not hating women with the venom and aggression of a cornered rattlesnake is now "woke".

I’d rather be woke than an incel that retweets paedophile apologist Bettina Arndt.

It’s fine to dunk on SB’s incorrect views, but can we leave the incel terminology and amateur psychology stuff out of it.

There’s zero need for it.

I'm not sure I undertstand this post.

It’s fine to dunk on SB’s incorrect views, but can we leave the incel terminology and amateur psychology stuff out of it.

There’s zero need for it.
He called everyone cucks a second ago. He puts himself in those categories.

He called everyone cucks a second ago. He puts himself in those categories.
The idea is not to go down to his level, most of this board's posters are better than using petty insults and snide insinuations.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand this post.
The amateur psychology I gather?

That is in reference to a few posts like this:
"All I see in 70% of AFLW criticism is a lot of blokes that need to sit down with a therapist and sort through their lady issues."

It really isn't needed, especially when people have supplied financial data and other evidence to comprehensively prove SB's assertions wrong without resorting to insults.

The amateur psychology I gather?

That is in reference to a few posts like this:

It really isn't needed, especially when people have supplied financial data and other evidence to comprehensively prove SB's assertions wrong without resorting to insults.

Hmmmm, people having a rather vitriolic dislike of the other sex isn't based on financial data though.

This is their CHOICE.

A majority of males are battling away doing the same. This doesn't entitle THEM to ANY specialized competition from the AFL nor any specialized privilege from the AFL.

This manufactured false entitlement crap is INSANE!
Sounds a lot like many of you suffer from 'Vagina Envy' :think:.... AFLW...I love it!

To each his own. I've often felt like clawing my eyes out rather than watch any team coached by Ross Lyon. Hopefully for your sake, Fremantle has finally righted that wrong.

Yer he's painful to watch for obvious reasons but if put his performance on par with the Kangas last 10 years++

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh is saying that the male players deserve more than 28 per cent of the revenue.

Utterly agree.

Leigh is saying male players shouldn't have to cop pay cuts to fund the AFLW.

Utterly agree.

The AFL ran a surplus last year bigger than it spent on the AFLW in its entirety.

There's plenty of money to give the blokes a significant payrise, and to fund and expand AFLW.

Only someone who read the headline and leapt to a massive assumption would read this any other way.

Leigh is saying that the male players deserve more than 28 per cent of the revenue.

Utterly agree.

Leigh is saying male players shouldn't have to cop pay cuts to fund the AFLW.

Utterly agree.

The AFL ran a surplus last year bigger than it spent on the AFLW in its entirety.

There's plenty of money to give the blokes a significant payrise, and to fund and expand AFLW.

Only someone who read the headline and leapt to a massive assumption would read this any other way.

If the AFL were to increase the distributions in the way you describe, there wouldn't be enough funds to drive the game forward with initiatives such as AFLX, Kiss-Cam or focus groups to ponder topics such as twilight grand finals or player names on jumpers.

Be realistic.

If the AFL were to increase the distributions in the way you describe, there wouldn't be enough funds to drive the game forward with initiatives such as AFLX, Kiss-Cam or focus groups to ponder topics such as twilight grand finals or player names on jumpers.

Be realistic.

Let alone all the Superbowl junkets.

You'd have to pay me decent money to get me to watch AFLW. It is trash.

But that doesn't mean that it's a bad idea to pay the women well, even if they currently generate practically no extra revenue.

It took me a while to see the logic in this but now I get it.

If spending money to make AFLW the premier womens sport in the country works, it could be a boon to the league down the line.

This will mean a bigger pie for everybody i.e. men and women (and of course the league bosses who make a pretty penny themselves).

There's no reason the AFL cannot crush League if it plays its cards right. And the AFLW may be the 'ace in the hole', so to speak.

I was every bit as disappointed to see that cringey photo of the womens jumper presentation as others were. It was a sad, sad sight.

But I get it. Maybe it is because I'm slowly getting older but it just doesn't bother me the way it used to.

Especially because I can see the potential 'return on investment' for the league, and I understand this is a business at the end of the day.

This reminds me a great deal of when we started playing Friday night footy.

Good judges all said then it was stupid experiment, that footy "didn't belong" on Friday nights.

Every time there was a poor crowd, the usual suspects would hoot and jabber and throw s**t against the walls.

Essendon said Friday nights wouldn't work, Essendon don't have a W team now.

And I'm 100 per cent sure that the two expansions of the way the code is played will pan out exactly the same way.

Look forward in 2032 to the Bomber fans bragging about their girls dominate Friday nights.
Interesting thread..

We may not have an AFLW team but it wasn't because we thought it was a crock (like the alleged silent majority) or didn't want to or didn't try to - we did. We have to settle for having a VFLW team for the time being.

You'd have to pay me decent money to get me to watch AFLW. It is trash.

But that doesn't mean that it's a bad idea to pay the women well, even if they currently generate practically no extra revenue.

It took me a while to see the logic in this but now I get it.

If spending money to make AFLW the premier womens sport in the country works, it could be a boon to the league down the line.

This will mean a bigger pie for everybody i.e. men and women (and of course the league bosses who make a pretty penny themselves).

There's no reason the AFL cannot crush League if it plays its cards right. And the AFLW may be the 'ace in the hole', so to speak.

I was every bit as disappointed to see that cringey photo of the womens jumper presentation as others were. It was a sad, sad sight.

But I get it. Maybe it is because I'm slowly getting older but it just doesn't bother me the way it used to.

Especially because I can see the potential 'return on investment' for the league, and I understand this is a business at the end of the day.

Is this what is known as “damning with faint praise”?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back