Prediction AFL Players Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
So far the AFL website has released 50-11 with the top 10 to be revealed from 8/3 to 18/3. Who do you think will be the top 10?
50-41.PNG 40-31.PNG 30-21.PNG 20-11.PNG
My guess:
10 - Lance Franklin
9 - Robbie Gray
8 - Matt Priddis
7 - Joel Selwood
6 - Sam Mitchell
5 - Luke Hodge
4 - Gary Ablett
3 - Patrick Dangerfield
2 - Scott Pendlebury
1 - Nathan Fyfe

How Franklin would be in the top 10 is beyond me. HAd an off year last year in the beginning maybe 2or3 good games then missed the last couple of games
It was a toss up for me between him and Goddard. Wouldn't be surprised with either of them to be honest.

no way goddard makes it. i might be biased but theres no way this can be correct. nic nat and taylor make the cut but not jacobs and talia? two better players in the same position? and rance is 19th in the league but talias not even top 50? talia is on rances level if not higher

no way goddard makes it. i might be biased but theres no way this can be correct. nic nat and taylor make the cut but not jacobs and talia? two better players in the same position? and rance is 19th in the league but talias not even top 50? talia is on rances level if not higher

Dont analyse it too much, you'll just go insane. Just comparing crows players missing out or the order they're in seems to be heaps of inconsistencies, let alone what you'd come up with if you looked at everyone else.

In addition to the ones you identified above, how can walker be behind stringer. How is Betts not in front of Wingard and thereabouts with Rioli? Or what about how come since laird breaks even with rioli and usually smashes harvey, plus got a tonne of possession and was highly effective with it that he isn't on there?

Remember that these rankings are voted by the players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far the AFL website has released 50-11 with the top 10 to be revealed from 8/3 to 18/3. Who do you think will be the top 10?
View attachment 221742 View attachment 221743 View attachment 221744 View attachment 221745
My guess:
10 - Lance Franklin
9 - Robbie Gray
8 - Matt Priddis
7 - Joel Selwood
6 - Sam Mitchell
5 - Luke Hodge
4 - Gary Ablett
3 - Patrick Dangerfield
2 - Scott Pendlebury
1 - Nathan Fyfe
Luke Hodge is such an overrated player. No doubt he'll be there though.

Also, Talia is never rated by his peers. I never hear a forward say he is the hardest to match up on even though week in week out he tears forwards a new one.

Goddard? Top 10? In the league?

You jest?
That's why I put Franklin. Last years was

50. Sidebottom 49. Deledio 48. Swan 47. Cloke 46. Breust 45. Pavlich 44. Griffen 43. Kennedy (WCE) 42. Bartel 41. Burgoyne
40. Hannebery 39. D Martin 38. Rioli 37. Hanley 36. Wingard 35. McVeigh 34. Goddard 33. Mundy 32. Gibbs 31. N Jones
30. M Murphy 29. Ward 28. Judd 27. Parker 26. Harvey 25. Taylor 24. Sloane 23. Hawkins 22. Lewis 21. Beams
20. Sandilands 19. Rockliff 18. Mitchell 17. Johnson 6. N Riewoldt 15. Heppell 14. Priddis 13. Cotchin 12. Watson 11. Kennedy (SYD)
10. Gray 9. Boak 8. Hodge 7. Dangerfield 6. Roughead 5. Pendlebury 4. Franklin 3. Selwood 2. Fyfe 1. Ablett

Luke Hodge is such an overrated player. No doubt he'll be there though.

Also, Talia is never rated by his peers. I never hear a forward say he is the hardest to match up on even though week in week out he tears forwards a new one.
I don't think Luke Hodge is over-rated, he is an absolute gun. What don't you rate about him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back