Win Prizes AFL Power Rankings 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Beanz

All beans count, great or small.

250 on Eagles -33.5 @ 1.92 and 50 to WIN @ 1.17

50 on Saints to Win @ 3.35 and 200 +21.5 @ 1.92

50 on Crows to Win @ 2.07 and 200 +3.5 @ 1.92

280 on Dons -12.5 @ 1.92 and 50 to WIN @ 1.42

Seriously Roby..... I'm no pro punter (indeed I don't even bet) but Im not bad on the footy tips....

Here's some tips from me....

Don't bet on every game.... or if you must - limit games which have a higher degree of uncertainty to small bets. E.g 280 on Dons at the line is a pure crapshoot - luck your only tell on that one. The cold today might help.

Your line bet on the Hawks today questionable too.... how many games have we won this year by more than 6 goals? Not many. And this bet against a team who has been having decent form the last two weeks and traditionally has our number. I would cancel out that bet if I were you.

Beanz

All beans count, great or small.

250 on Eagles -33.5 @ 1.92 and 50 to WIN @ 1.17

50 on Saints to Win @ 3.35 and 200 +21.5 @ 1.92

50 on Crows to Win @ 2.07 and 200 +3.5 @ 1.92

280 on Dons -12.5 @ 1.92 and 50 to WIN @ 1.42
Nice with saints.

Seriously Roby..... I'm no pro punter (indeed I don't even bet) but Im not bad on the footy tips....

Don't bet on every game.... or if you must - limit games which have a higher degree of uncertainty to small bets. E.g 280 on Dons at the line is a pure crapshoot - luck your only tell on that one. The cold today might help.

Your line bet on the Hawks today questionable too.... how many games have we won this year by more than 6 goals? Not many. And this bet against a team who has been having decent form the last two weeks and traditionally has our number. I would cancel out that bet if I were you.
He had Essendon in top 4 of rankings for a majority of the year, has no clue doubt he is punting everygame would be broke after one week.

The Roby Review
Celebrating trollery since June 2014
----------------------------------------

Round 17

I gotta say. There hasn't been much "Celebrating trollery" going on in these pages recently. Most came for the outlandish claims and lol'ed at the counter-trollery. The real betting performance was a sideshow.

But the A-grade trollery which made this thread so entertaining is noticeably absent. Maybe Roby finally has gone off to focus on writing a novel.

Executive Summary

- 7 bets from 12 this week were good
- Season returns of 1,135 Beans on 20,638 staked is equivalent to season profitability of 5.5%
- Unsettled futures of 1,553 Beans outstanding

Round 17 Performance

View attachment 267159

Season Performance

View attachment 267158

Long Term Bet Placements

View attachment 267116

Disclaimer
1. The Roby Review only has resources to verify performance of bets as published on Bigfooty. No audit of whether stated odds were actually available at the time is undertaken.
2. Initial starting bank of 10,000 nominated arbitrarily by The Roby Review, for ease of indexing.
3. And as always: Past performance is not an indicator of future returns.

If we take the return of 1,135 beans after 17 rounds as given, then we need to calculate the hourly rate of return.

Roby needs to watch every game to determine the power rankings, so let's be generous and say that is 9 x 2 = 18 hours a week, add another couple of hours for collating/examining data and placing bets then we have about 20 hours a week being spent on the Power Rankings.

After 17 rounds that means that 17 x 20 = 340 hours have been spent working on Power Rankings.

So with a return of 1,135 beans after 17 rounds that means Roby has been working for the rate of 3.34 beans an hour.

If we take the return of 1,135 beans after 17 rounds as given, then we need to calculate the hourly rate of return.

Roby needs to watch every game to determine the power rankings, so let's be generous and say that is 9 x 2 = 18 hours a week, add another couple of hours for collating/examining data and placing bets then we have about 20 hours a week being spent on the Power Rankings.

After 17 rounds that means that 17 x 20 = 340 hours have been spent working on Power Rankings.

So with a return of 1,135 beans after 17 rounds that means Roby has been working for the rate of 3.34 beans an hour.

I bet he voted Liberals to.

Betting on the Bombers Lions game is like betting on a preseason friendly. Absolutely no chance to guess which team will come out and actually care about winning (1st draft pick on the line). Motivation is too important a variable that throws all modelling out the window.

Betting on the Bombers Lions game is like betting on a preseason friendly. Absolutely no chance to guess which team will come out and actually care about winning (1st draft pick on the line). Motivation is too important a variable that throws all modelling out the window.

If you think it's a betting game fine, but Robys staking points clearly to loss chasing.

Loss chasing never works. You'll only lose more.

Most people need to do it once though to prove it to themselves.

Except Roby did it last year and is going again. Bloke has issues.

The Roby Review - Mid Round Alert

For those playing along at home - some context to the "highest stake for the year".

As it stands right now, Roby is in the hole to the tune of -668 Beans. His previous worst weekly return this year was -484, so it's his biggest hole this year.

The above bets are absolute loss chasers.

If the Dons, Hawks, and GWS tap out, over 1000 beans done on three bets, he's all in

So for a reasonable lifestyle each bean = $20

The Roby Review - Mid Round Alert

For those playing along at home - some context to the "highest stake for the year".

As it stands right now, Roby is in the hole to the tune of -668 Beans. His previous worst weekly return this year was -484, so it's his biggest hole this year.

The above bets are absolute loss chasers.

does the -668 include all of the futures?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only stake what the model calculates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Roby Review

Round 18

We're creeping into the twilight of the season, and with ho-hum results comes riskier betting behaviour. Roby put more beans on the table than so far this year - losing some big bets and winning some big bets. But still coming up negative.

The loads keep getting piled on GWS futures too. Two things are going to happen
1) if GWS go deep into the finals, Robys year will have us all hearing more bullshit about 2000% gains over 5 years, or
2) if GWS DONT go deep, the year will end up either mediocre or very very poor.

We also started to see behavior similar to the GC blow up, with multiple repetitive bets on Freo:
Beanz
50 on Freo to WIN @ 1.96 and 130 +2.5 @ 1.88
xThuWcZzGnonnG3ayQ.gif

QUOTE]

Another 100 on Freo +2.5 @ 1.85
xThuWcZzGnonnG3ayQ.gif

Another 100 on Freo +2.5 @ 1.85

Executive Summary

- 2,510 Beans were staked this round, almost 500 more than any other week this year
- 8 bets from 19 this week were good
- Season returns of 860 Beans on 23,148 staked is equivalent to season profitability of 3.72%
- Unsettled futures of 1,718 Beans outstanding

Round 18 Performance
Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 7.16.45 PM.png

Season Performance
Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 7.16.56 PM.png

Long Term Bet Placements

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 6.05.50 PM.png

Disclaimer
1. The Roby Review only has resources to verify performance of bets as published on Bigfooty. No audit of whether stated odds were actually available at the time is undertaken.
2. Initial starting bank of 10,000 nominated arbitrarily by The Roby Review, for ease of indexing.

Last edited:
The Roby Review

Round 18

We're creeping into the twilight of the season, and with ho-hum results comes riskier betting behaviour. Roby put more beans on the table than so far this year - losing some big bets and winning some big bets. But still coming up negative.

The loads keep getting piled on GWS futures too. Two things are going to happen
1) if GWS go deep into the finals, Robys year will have us all hearing more bullshit about 2000% gains over 5 years, or
2) if GWS DONT go deep, the year will end up either mediocre or very very poor.

We also started to see behavior similar to the GC blow up, with multiple repetitive bets on Freo:

xThuWcZzGnonnG3ayQ.gif

QUOTE]

xThuWcZzGnonnG3ayQ.gif

Executive Summary

- 2,460 Beans were staked this round, almost 500 more than any other week this year
- 7 bets from 18 this week were good
- Season returns of 853 Beans on 23,098 staked is equivalent to season profitability of 3.69%
- Unsettled futures of 1,718 Beans outstanding

Round 18 Performance

View attachment 269149

Season Performance

View attachment 269148

Long Term Bet Placements

View attachment 269147

Disclaimer

Ho Hum results? He won four of the last five rounds coming into this week. Or is the graph accumulative?

The report is wrong again this week.

There was only one extra 100 on Freo not twice.

There was also 50 on the Hawks to win.

The report is wrong again this week.

There was only one extra 100 on Freo not twice.

There was also 50 on the Hawks to win.

Thanks - I missed that 50 w on Hawks.

But you're wrong in the freo bets. You put an extra 100 on twice. Go re-read it.

Thanks - I missed that 50 w on Hawks.

But you're wrong in the freo bets. You put an extra 100 on twice. Go re-read it.
I know what I did.

Edit. You could put an extra hundred for all I care. See what I did there.

Lol. The Freo bets are represented accurately on the Roby Review. Pity the bets themselves weren't.
Lol the edit was posted at the same time as the new post. When Rosa was out another 100 was put on. Not 200. You can be selective however you want.

Like for example how come you don't tell everyone how you're a very selective in not posting the bets from last year that were posted in the last 10 or so rounds?

Because it doesn't suit your argument. It always makes money. Those that follow the tips know it.

And those that don't cry in despair. Go on have a cry again.

GWS is going to win the flag and none of the other models or experts have yet worked it out, and yet here we are with the season almost over.

This model worked it out months ago.

Lol the edit was posted at the same time as the new post. When Rosa was out another 100 was put on. Not 200. You can be selective however you want.

Like for example how come you don't tell everyone how you're a very selective in not posting the bets from last year that were posted in the last 10 or so rounds?

Because it doesn't suit your argument. It always makes money. Those that follow the tips know it.

And those that don't cry in despair. Go on have a cry again.

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 7.43.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 7.44.02 PM.png

Lets count the beanz shall we?

50 Win
130 Line
100 Line
100 Line

Now what's shown on the Roby Review? The same 4 positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back