AFL proven totally inept at GF Entertainment AGAIN

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
In a year when we are showing up NRL, and a golden chance in front of them with performers hardly working, the AFL have managed YET AGAIN to put together a 3rd rate uninspiring entertainment package for the GF. My God, Sheppard are from Brissie but had one hit 10 years ago. The rest are middling dance/pop pap (Cubsport and DMA's),and if you are going to get that Wolfmother guy, GET THE BAND, no-one is interested in Andrew Stockdale. Being publicly knocked back by Powderfinger I think set the tone for others to think that this would NOT be good for their careers given the AFL's joke reputation for entertainment. The Board should intervene with the CEO clearly a joke in this area and get an entertainment adviser independent of the management.
They use Michael Gudinski to do the bookings only one of the best in the business!

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
How many people actually care about the half time entertainment?

Or who sings the national anthem?

I think this is a classic example of industry push vs viewer demand. Youtube and the success of various local content creators is showing that there has always been a massive mismatch between what the networks want to push down our throats and what we actually want.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think this is a classic example of industry push vs viewer demand. Youtube and the success of various local content creators is showing that there has always been a massive mismatch between what the networks want to push down our throats and what we actually want.

All it is about is having 3 million people watching for 4 hours of advertisements instead of just the 2.5 hours of the game.

Whatever happened to mainstream?

iLBja89kN4HwFH2Uc-pzI3vZl8CDZOF1Z5C-lsG2KL3jWgFxX4Pk9upvn_pKEvtSYHK7KoPqGv-8q8hxVQflwQSWYifWfXJWGxEyM9wKUwXrulMeliRE-bnp

Sep 4, 2020
Tampa, FL, USA
AFL Club
GWS
I didn't catch most of the pregame because I was "struggling" to get the sound on my TV to work (turns out I had turned the volume all the way down and didn't think to check that first!), so I only really caught the guy from Wolfmother doing their one hit. He was fine. Sheppard were all right, too. Seemed like a lot of effort to bring a stage out at halftime just to perform two songs, though, especially when you had all those acts before the game already.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sheppard... so yesterday. Had ONE very mnior hit years ago, minimal talent...and that song is hell annoying. Fail.
DMA's...I like "silver" , but god they sucked HARD. They must have been told they were playing at a funeral.

All up, FAIL. but equally, WHO CARES!!

Back