Game Day AFL Qualifying Final - Matchday Discussion Collingwood v Geelong(MCG – 7:50PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hats off to the team. They blitzed out of the gates and held onto the lead while slowly but surely dwindling in numbers and running purely out of survival. Spartan-like.

7f5cc5eb4cd7ae1badecee2e086628aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly salty all night was the womaniser.
Which I really enjoyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win. Proves we have so many options. Look at Elliot tonight, match winner on his own. Throw in a rusty Stephenson. DG not sighted, imagine if he was. Mightily impressed with this list, after so many significant injuries we still look like we have the talent to win. Geelong were not pushovers, they have some serious talent, showed it at times and gave a serious crack.

Lets celebrate, rejoice to be pies supporters. Personally I am not going to get ahead of myself here, I believe there is a big step up from this performance to win the big one. Good signs but we need to be a hell of a lot better to go all the way.

Our Defense was awesome. Howe was was best on field for me. Most impressed with Noble, he really showed the brilliance of that mid year pick with his composure. Greenwood played well and is unfortunate with injury but Aish will be a great in, I hope

Hats of to Dangerfield. He was huge tonight and almost single handedly dragged them over the line. Lot of respect for his game tonight.
he's such a beast... big body, intense and hard at the contest, skilled as heck.... doesnt give up.... and motor to power a building up hence why he is an All Australian for over 7 times

Our Defense was awesome. Howe was was best on field for me. Most impressed with Noble, he really showed the brilliance of that mid year pick with his composure. Greenwood played well and is unfortunate with injury but Aish will be a great in, I hope
Moore and Howe saving the last 6 minutes... but Pies mid field defense let go of the pedal and got Geelong a sniff and almost got even

Great win! So much character in that second half, the Cats to their credit kept coming. Lacking rotations late showed through

Happy to sit back and take in how these finals unfold from here now!

How he equated Dangerfield's slide with JT's knees in the face boggles my mind.
Obviously too much goey in the nosey before the game.
Yep.
Dangerfield came sliding in at speed.
Thomas was stopped on the ground.
For a guy who played so many games, and so many of those quality games, he sure doesn’t understand the rules.

Great win. Proves we have so many options. Look at Elliot tonight, match winner on his own. Throw in a rusty Stephenson. DG not sighted, imagine if he was. Mightily impressed with this list, after so many significant injuries we still look like we have the talent to win. Geelong were not pushovers, they have some serious talent, showed it at times and gave a serious crack.

Lets celebrate, rejoice to be pies supporters. Personally I am not going to get ahead of myself here, I believe there is a big step up from this performance to win the big one. Good signs but we need to be a hell of a lot better to go all the way.
I like how we are just scraping in.
It’s hard on us the supporters, but it certainly lets us fly under the radar a bit.

Moore and Howe saving the last 6 minutes... but Pies mid field defense let go of the pedal and got Geelong a sniff and almost got even
Our forwards played a part there unfortunately 😖 DG looks unlikely for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back