Game Day AFL Qualifying Final - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@West Coast(Optus Stadium – 8:10PM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good - Sidey (beside that handball at the end), Sier, Adams, Goldsack.
Bad (or well below expected) - Pendles, Treloar, Grundy, Cox, WHE, De Goey had patches of good and bad

This one is entirely on us - a few lapses in concentration and a drop off in effort and intensity in the last 10 minutes cost us dearly.

I'd expect us to go out in straight sets on the back of this up against another hard bodied and seasoned finals campaigner in GWS but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

It stick in my craw a little because we were the better side for longer in the match but we failed badly to capitalise in the third quarter when we were flat out dominating and playing the game almost entirely in our forward half.

Feels like the prelim from 2007. Can’t believe we could play in such a great final and get so close but so far. The result is the one I expected but we were so close.

Aish had a couple of nice tackles but he had 3 kicks that he tried to be cute with and resulted in 3 scoring shots for Eagles.... just dumb kicks.

Eagles 4th quarter plan was to bomb it to the top of the 50m forward coridor and have their players run to it... similar how Hawks used to do against Pies in the last 5 years... it works every damn time. That play is like a cheat code against Buckley's structures IMO.... you just know it will result in a score when the other team does that play.

This one is entirely on us - a few lapses in concentration and a drop off in effort and intensity in the last 10 minutes cost us dearly.

I'd expect us to go out in straight sets on the back of this up against another hard bodied and seasoned finals campaigner in GWS but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

It stick in my craw a little because we were the better side for longer in the match but we failed badly to capitalise in the third quarter when we were flat out dominating and playing the game almost entirely in our forward half.

Not an honest game that one. Pretty dirty to lose with some of those umpiring decisions in clutch moments all going to one side and stat padding free kicks to us.

I'm perplexed at what just happened. Barring the first 15 minutes, Collingwood was on top of West Coast for the entire game. Then in the 4th, West Coast a man down, I would have thought the Pies would continue with that momentum.. But EVERYONE disappeared. Nobody did jack in that last quarter. Really pathetic effort, and I'm lost for words. We basically just let them run free in that last quarter, couldn't win a clearance, no defensive pressure, Ryan and Rioli running free all over the place. Absolute load of garbage. Just blew a golden opportunity for a prelim by being lazy sods. I hope they hang their heads in shame, because it was a totally pathetic end to that game.

I don't care about Cox or Aish. Where was everyone else? Treloar? De Goey? Grundy? That 4th term was the worst I have seen them play all year.

Not an honest game that one. Pretty dirty to lose with some of those umpiring decisions in clutch moments all going to one side and stat padding free kicks to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back