AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aflq News Part 2

Dont worry,aspley are spending huge amounts on various recruits.If only the jets were still around.

Chicka, you and Morphous seem to be in the know about exactly how much everyone spends. Perhaps you could enlighten us with a list of all AFLQ spends in tabular form? Not possible? Didn't think so.

Here's something I posted on the O & M forum - from a VCFL article:

A COUNTRY football club splashed out $180,000 on player payments this year.
The stunning figure was revealed in a Victorian Country Football League survey to assess the spending habits of rural and regional clubs.
Not even the VCFL knows which club paid top dollar for its players, as the survey ensured club confidentiality.
But VCFL chief executive Glenn Scott said he "didn't fall on to the floor" when the high figure was revealed.
"It wouldn't surprise me, in one or two of our bigger leagues, that there could be some clubs that are (paying) up around that level," Mr Scott said.
"I would just hope the club has done it knowing all the consequences - there's no guarantee of success just because you're paying a lot to players."
The survey also found the average major league football club spends $70,000 a season on player payments, and the minor league clubs an average of $40,000.

Given AFLQ has a salary cap of $140K, one wonders whether the "Northern Cash Splash" is really the key reason for the moves this year. there seems to be plenty of $ in the O & M??

And a reply from Flat White:

Dog,

Forget the ATO, you don't need to pay tax on money 'earnt' from a hobby, you just need to sign an ATO form to show that is the source of income. Plenty of footy clubs use these. I am not too sure if this is capped to a certian amount but it is not a consideration in terms of player payments.

Also you need to think about how much is in cash, a bulider wouldn't declare this income why would a footballer?

As for the hysteria regarding AFLQ teams and the money up there, I think it is all overstated. There is plenty of cash in the O&M even more so than up there, it's the AFL Canberra that has all the coin, just that living there would be crap.

The O&M will be infront of the AFLQ for a while yet, no need for panic.

Then again Chicka, why let the facts get in the way of a good rant???

I don't want to expose individuals but I know first hand of an offer of $1200 per game and strong 'rumours' of another few offers just below that. Simple math x 18 rounds = $21,600 for an ex O & M player. I'm not begrudging that but surely it is a big factor for wanting to go to a club. Blokes don't normally cue up to go to a club that won less than a handful of games the previous year.

are southport anychance of missing finals this year?

Southport will miss & thankfully the s**t will hit the fan & all hell will break loose & the club will get the shake up it needs, with one massive broom through management!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

havent both zantuck and lobb walked?

is it true zantuck was playing reserves down in edfl or diamond valley?

that is the news.

spot on, he did indeed play reserves for heidelberg in the northern footy league. seniors early on but must have been a poor trainer you would think.

be safe to say they are looking at the wooden spoon. not even close to a broadbeach, aspley or labrador who you think would take up the lower half, unless they magically gel.

magies look like another winless season ahead. they have lost arguably their best player to wafl. dont know if they have signed anyone else, did read about an american on their site, they really must be struggling if this is making recruiting news on their website

aspley beat labrador by 20 - 30 points tonight. controlled most of the game apart from a lapse in the 2nd quarter. looked in pretty good knick however. quick movement of the footy caught labrador out most of the night

aspley beat labrador by 20 - 30 points tonight. controlled most of the game apart from a lapse in the 2nd quarter. looked in pretty good knick however. quick movement of the footy caught labrador out most of the night
Could be a long season for the hornets unless they have some quality goal scoring forwards up there sleeve.Ruck another problem area from last nights game.At least they are fitter than last year and ran the game out strongly.A win is a win

would create too much tension. enough drug dealers floating around down the coast already.
he would go broke and take another sign on fee and go elsewhere.
Apparentally he has already done a runner with there sign on fee.Apparentally,heidelberg did not release him as ty owes them lots of cash.

Could be a long season for the hornets unless they have some quality goal scoring forwards up there sleeve.Ruck another problem area from last nights game.At least they are fitter than last year and ran the game out strongly.A win is a win

if its going to be a long season for the hornets chikka, what about labrador?? they must be in real trouble.
maybe hornets have offered zantuck his fourth sign on fee;)

if its going to be a long season for the hornets chikka, what about labrador?? they must be in real trouble.
maybe hornets have offered zantuck his fourth sign on fee;)
Labrador will finish lower half of the ladder.However,clarke,featherstone and a few other regular senior players didn't play,assuming they are still with the tigers.As you no this is the case with all teams.
Aspley can't even afford to play there reserve grade players as the club told them they can't afford it.Even if it is only $30 or so,i am sure the 2's players appreciate it to cover some fuel etc and zantuck won't come cheap,but we all no aspley will not chase him,touch wood.No one can find him anyway.:rolleyes:

I find it hard to comprehend that the Magpies have not recruited more quality players. They certainly have more money than Mt Gravatt and Morningside, both of who seem to find quality recruits on the cheap. You would think the fact that they didn't win a game last year would be a slight motivation to get some recruits.

In the practice game last night Mt Gravatt beat Redlands by about 3-4 goals. Morrison kicked 6 and dominated whoever was playing on him. The Vultures were very impressive in the first and last qtr's and looked very sharp for first game of the season. I think Carse and Charlesworth were the only two notable players missing from Redlands. If this is the case, I would be a bit worried down at viccy point as the bombers really struggled against the run of mt gravatt and were quite sloppy - granted it is first game of the season

Whats everyones thoughts for the upcoming season who will finish where, and who is too look out for this year?

Has any of the teams recruited better than others for this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back