AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the AFLQ would increase it MP. Most clubs would have trouble being able to spend it now. The likes of Morningside manage to spend a lot less due to their long history and strong culture but not all clubs would be quite so well placed.

I'd be surprised if some of the more financial clubs didn't raise a concern about an increase. With talk of increased anti-gambling legislation, even the most financial of clubs can't be happy with the prospect of an escalating spend in order to stay competitive.

That may be a good thing in that talent heading north (and being develpoed locally of course) will have to be well spread amongst the clubs. Managing player expectations and being able to offer enough to convince guys to make the trip though will always be a tricky balancing act.

When the proposed Northern states league comes in the AFLQ will have no choice but to increase the cap, as the Canberra based clubs pay up to 4 time more to their players already, and they certainly won't decrease their player wages that dramatically to enter the new league.

Since 2011 is the first year of the phased introduction, I fail to see how the salary cap couldn't be increased in QLD?

So clubs want to spend more money on new players !!!
If the Northern conference is up and running, clubs need to provide far better facilities and resources for their existing loyal players
- namely better change rooms which are clean !!
- better playing surfaces
- trained medical staff including qualified physiotherapists and doctors at all games
- proper elevated coaching boxes

I would see that as a priority rather than increasing the salary cap !

So clubs want to spend more money on new players !!!
If the Northern conference is up and running, clubs need to provide far better facilities and resources for their existing loyal players
- namely better change rooms which are clean !!
- better playing surfaces
- trained medical staff including qualified physiotherapists and doctors at all games
- proper elevated coaching boxes

I would see that as a priority rather than increasing the salary cap !

Money,Money.Just be like Morningside and play for the love of it and mateship.Rogers could have gone anywhere for better coin but decided to go to Panthers due to club culture and winning ways.He is now a premiership player and on less money than reserve grade payments.With the players that are wanting to play at siders next year a big chance for three peat ( new players that is ).

Money,Money.Just be like Morningside and play for the love of it and mateship.Rogers could have gone anywhere for better coin but decided to go to Panthers due to club culture and winning ways.He is now a premiership player and on less money than reserve grade payments.With the players that are wanting to play at siders next year a big chance for three peat ( new players that is ).

Chikka

Haven't been in the Morningside visitors rooms for a couple of years, do you still have those lockers adjoining the urinal in the visitors room ! Also the showers with the waist high wall ! That unique choice in decor should be featured on Foxtel Lifestyle channel

At least the new visitor's bench has a clearance higher than 5 foot six which the old one had ! Club has made progess !.

Rogers went to Morningside because he is mates with Matty Smith and he lined him up a sweet job. He would have gone to Zillmere had they existed and Matty Smith been there and got him the job, which almost happened 2 seasons prior. Although what you say is correct, about morningside having a good winning culture, and the above sounds nice and romantic, it simply isn't true.

Chikka

Haven't been in the Morningside visitors rooms for a couple of years, do you still have those lockers adjoining the urinal in the visitors room ! Also the showers with the waist high wall ! That unique choice in decor should be featured on Foxtel Lifestyle channel

At least the new visitor's bench has a clearance higher than 5 foot six which the old one had ! Club has made progess !.

Haven't been in the rooms Thunder Doc,they were ordinary.The PREMIERSHIP CUPS remain in the home rooms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagle will be playing on the Gold Coast, either Southport or Broadbeach.. Aspley are in there throwing the $$$ about but the lure of the GC lifestyle will see him play there! :D

i think you will find aspley are not throwing enough $$$ at him hence the the gold coast lifestyle you speak of, or gold coast $$$ maybe the reason;)

Eagle has played with something like 7 different teams already, and he's only 25!

Changes club every year, so don't expect the Cats to keep him for long!

Eagle has played with something like 7 different teams already, and he's only 25!

Changes club every year, so don't expect the Cats to keep him for long!

I would hate to move 7 times. And the last few have been big moves (cairns to redlands, redlands to shepparton, shepparton to broadbeach). The removalists would be happy, Jason Eagle has a annual booking around November each year!!!
Obviously a good player, i wonder if Broadbeach can scratch his itchy feet enough to keep him for a few years???
You'd be shattered if you were Redlands!

I would hate to move 7 times. And the last few have been big moves (cairns to redlands, redlands to shepparton, shepparton to broadbeach). The removalists would be happy, Jason Eagle has a annual booking around November each year!!!
Obviously a good player, i wonder if Broadbeach can scratch his itchy feet enough to keep him for a few years???
You'd be shattered if you were Redlands!

Redlands also chased Adam Spackman

Re: Labrador Might lose a few

Has Grayson left QLD or just expected to be picked up in the draft ( should be a early pick )
Both - he has gone back to Vic, his state of origin. If doesn't get drafted will play down there.

You would think Hickey and Bell from Siders would get picked up in Draft ( biased but they should )
I'm not biased and i agree, maybe late in draft, but both a very good chance.

Hickey to sign with GC next week or 2

All very quiet on the AFLQ front it seems...

Surely there must some action getting done at some of the clubs? Anybody heard of any big recruits on the horizon?

All very quiet on the AFLQ front it seems...

Surely there must some action getting done at some of the clubs? Anybody heard of any big recruits on the horizon?

Eagle to Broadbeach has been a big get for the cats.

However the rumours have been flying around that the sharks have already picked up 2 or three handy players.

Also heard on the rumour mill that Aspley have signed a Key forward form Geelong along with 1/2 a dozen or so others from Vic (2 of which are meant to be guns) and QLD.

Other clubs have been very quiet.

When will these clubs come out and acknowledge these signings. No point keeping it in house as players would like to know what is going on. May also create interest from players within QLD..

Eagle to Broadbeach has been a big get for the cats.

However the rumours have been flying around that the sharks have already picked up 2 or three handy players.

Also heard on the rumour mill that Aspley have signed a Key forward form Geelong along with 1/2 a dozen or so others from Vic (2 of which are meant to be guns) and QLD.

Other clubs have been very quiet.

When will these clubs come out and acknowledge these signings. No point keeping it in house as players would like to know what is going on. May also create interest from players within QLD..
If Aspley don't play finals next year with all the big names they have signed last year and in 2011, it will surely bring into question their recruiting strategy. the club surely couldn't afford to keep doing this without any success.

If Aspley don't play finals next year with all the big names they have signed last year and in 2011, it will surely bring into question their recruiting strategy. the club surely couldn't afford to keep doing this without any success.

Any word on who the big names are? Was always going to take a while to build a squad, but if they are spending big again and add to what they had, Southport prove that you can build a finals side every year with the right amount of money.

Can anyone give me some info on broadbeach? Looking for a club to have a run with in 2011. Would be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back