AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Morningside Crisis Meeting?

Brisvegas i think i would have to agree with E.

In regards to sending letters to Kids on the North Side they would be stupid not to. It's does not seem like poaching, its about being smart as they are the only QAFL club that side. Exsiting kids who played thier last season would have known when training was starting (1st bad call)

In regards to the new recruits from Vic they all played seniors last year and not reserves footbal ast you prviously stated. (2rd bad call)

It is interesting to say that players are leaving "rumour" are you starting the rumor... (3rd bad call)

All of your points have no facts or information to back it up with. Just words trying to bag a new club or jealously at its best.

As for my club i hope they are in it next year or had the facilites that Aspley have.

Hopefully your club has a heart and soul, and if so I as well as many other juniors around the Nth would welcome it into State league with open arms............as for my 3 bad calls......we shall just have to wait and see

you've lost me BV.. so are players leaving ??? looking at who was at training last night i would say they are not leaving and are very happy to be playing at Aspley
Sorry to lose you there E....the Dr jumped in and threw me with his call on a few bad calls of mine............there was some talk about players heading back to there original clubs......not rumors but boys talking about what they like and what they dont like about clubs........I think a few miss what they have grown up around like heart and souls as a club and a team. Sure there not State league clubs but some do have a soul. It would be hard for them to leave because they know if they are going to have any chance of making it they have to be at a state league club......pity theres only 1 to choose from on the Nth side, money cant buy a soul

Hopefully your club has a heart and soul, and if so I as well as many other juniors around the Nth would welcome it into State league with open arms............as for my 3 bad calls......we shall just have to wait and see

Thank God you've spoken up BV. For a while there I thought something was seriously wrong. No Aspley bashing for months! I thought I'd drifted into another, more positive dimension.

Now that we have our ill informed, inferiority complex afflicted tall poppy bashers back, we can all carry on with business as usual. Can't wait to start hopping into the Sharks as well.

Think about this BV. The Northside has only one State League club. I know this is a misery for some but bear with me. Each year no doubt there are a bunch of new hopefuls making their (notice the correct spelling) way to the club. There are existing player stocks on board and under 18s looking to be promoted. With the likes of Ives, Wagner, Crooks et al on board, I've got no doubt that there'll be pressure on the club to play some of last year's 16s in seniors as well. By all accounts, there were more than 70 players that made their way on to the park for Association footy. Do the numbers.

Current squads according to the grape vine - 120+. Under 18s coming up - 20. Under 16s knocking - 6. Newcomers and hopefuls (say conservatively) 20. Total squad - nearing 170 or more. How do you get four teams out of that? Unless Aspley are going to run a side in every division, a bunch of players are bound to have to look elsewhere. On that count you at least appear to be right but for the wrong reason.

As far as Aspley's Academy set up on the Northside, I'd suggest again that some homework is done. I understand that AFLQ have recently praised the club for leading the way in the State League when it comes to regional junior development. Such accolades surely would not come cheaply.

On the rest, yes - let's see what unfolds. But in the meantime, perhaps we should be discussing the increasingly exciting local competition prospects??

Thank God you've spoken up BV. For a while there I thought something was seriously wrong. No Aspley bashing for months! I thought I'd drifted into another, more positive dimension.

Now that we have our ill informed, inferiority complex afflicted tall poppy bashers back, we can all carry on with business as usual. Can't wait to start hopping into the Sharks as well.

Think about this BV. The Northside has only one State League club. I know this is a misery for some but bear with me. Each year no doubt there are a bunch of new hopefuls making their (notice the correct spelling) way to the club. There are existing player stocks on board and under 18s looking to be promoted. With the likes of Ives, Wagner, Crooks et al on board, I've got no doubt that there'll be pressure on the club to play some of last year's 16s in seniors as well. By all accounts, there were more than 70 players that made their way on to the park for Association footy. Do the numbers.

Current squads according to the grape vine - 120+. Under 18s coming up - 20. Under 16s knocking - 6. Newcomers and hopefuls (say conservatively) 20. Total squad - nearing 170 or more. How do you get four teams out of that? Unless Aspley are going to run a side in every division, a bunch of players are bound to have to look elsewhere. On that count you at least appear to be right but for the wrong reason.

As far as Aspley's Academy set up on the Northside, I'd suggest again that some homework is done. I understand that AFLQ have recently praised the club for leading the way in the State League when it comes to regional junior development. Such accolades surely would not come cheaply.

On the rest, yes - let's see what unfolds. But in the meantime, perhaps we should be discussing the increasingly exciting local competition prospects??

Well done to you Dogmatic. You certainly know (correct spelling) how to put a case forward. Such wonderful grammer seems like you are a well educated boy. Not from Aspley way i would think.

With the amount of players training with the club and competition amoung players for spots of course thier will be players already thinking of going elswhere (weak players that you dont want around your club)

Big E will cutting of the squad begin quickly down their with the amount of players?

Glad to be onboard dog.......very loving assesment of your club you have given, you must be very proad of your involvment or acheivments over there. Your numbers dont add up to anything though if you have no heart and soul, obviously you can buy a heart these days but try buying a soul. Please dont get me wrong Im not jealous of Aspley one bit offers have been there to join.........I just hate them like everyone else on the Nth Side does. Your like a Port Adelaide love em or hate em but cant do with out em. As for spelling who really cares.... piss poor attemt at a personal attack(where is the spell check anyway)
Absolutely sure the players you mentioned are signed up for next year???

Sorry to lose you there E....the Dr jumped in and threw me with his call on a few bad calls of mine............there was some talk about players heading back to there original clubs......not rumors but boys talking about what they like and what they dont like about clubs........I think a few miss what they have grown up around like heart and souls as a club and a team. Sure there not State league clubs but some do have a soul. It would be hard for them to leave because they know if they are going to have any chance of making it they have to be at a state league club......pity theres only 1 to choose from on the Nth side, money cant buy a soul

BV from what i can gather the Sandgate boys are all very happy to be playing at Aspley, some of these boys played alot of senior footy last year and will continue to develop at our club. As for Aspley having no heart and soul, we will have to agree to disagree on that. ive been at the club since 2004 and cant speak highly enough about the place. Aspley have $$ because they have been a well run organisation for a number of years now and are a very sucessful sporting club.

BV from what i can gather the Sandgate boys are all very happy to be playing at Aspley, some of these boys played alot of senior footy last year and will continue to develop at our club. As for Aspley having no heart and soul, we will have to agree to disagree on that. ive been at the club since 2004 and cant speak highly enough about the place. Aspley have $$ because they have been a well run organisation for a number of years now and are a very sucessful sporting club.

All good to agree to disagree E..........another great recent Aspley story we here is about a father who raised heaps of sponsorship money during his sons time at the junior club, only to be told at U18 level that his son is no longer good enough to play at the club and wont get a game, Im sure this gentleman speaks highly of the club.........it goes both ways I suppose some will be happy some wont. As for Sandgate lads.......did hear that a few were not happy, but as I said there is nowhere else to go on the Nth side of town to try and be your best and play State League, so what choice do they have........none so they either grin and bear it or bugger off

All good to agree to disagree E..........another great recent Aspley story we here is about a father who raised heaps of sponsorship money during his sons time at the junior club, only to be told at U18 level that his son is no longer good enough to play at the club and wont get a game, Im sure this gentleman speaks highly of the club.........it goes both ways I suppose some will be happy some wont. As for Sandgate lads.......did hear that a few were not happy, but as I said there is nowhere else to go on the Nth side of town to try and be your best and play State League, so what choice do they have........none so they either grin and bear it or bugger off

BV which players have you heard were definately sandgate bound? From what i hear from mates around the hawks there are only a few compared to last years crop.

Interesting that youngsters wagner, ives and co mentioned as possible aspley senior players, my mail is one and if not a few are actually seriously thinking of moving to sandgate?

For what its worth i am not a big aspley fan but can see them starting to get things in order. Seems they have a coach the players all respect and are starting to build a better list each year. The stronger aspley are the better for all northside clubs, it means they will require less top up players from local clubs, and will only take the youngsters who will actually play some senior footy. And if things dont improve other clubs can always recruit the blokes who have the shits!

Is matt payne nt bound?

BV which players have you heard were definately sandgate bound? From what i hear from mates around the hawks there are only a few compared to last years crop.

Interesting that youngsters wagner, ives and co mentioned as possible aspley senior players, my mail is one and if not a few are actually seriously thinking of moving to sandgate?

For what its worth i am not a big aspley fan but can see them starting to get things in order. Seems they have a coach the players all respect and are starting to build a better list each year. The stronger aspley are the better for all northside clubs, it means they will require less top up players from local clubs, and will only take the youngsters who will actually play some senior footy. And if things dont improve other clubs can always recruit the blokes who have the shits!

Is matt payne nt bound?

Very true if Aspley are stonger the local clubs on the Northside would be alot stronger. On the south side we complete agianst each other which makes it alot harder to get a good core of kids together for the future as thier are two many options.

Very true if Aspley are stonger the local clubs on the Northside would be alot stronger. On the south side we complete agianst each other which makes it alot harder to get a good core of kids together for the future as thier are two many options.
How would the Nth side be stronger Dr.........dont you mean just Aspley will be stronger. My take is if they want juniors from other club to respect the club and want to go there, then things obviously need to start at junior level.............6 junior clubs I know of on the nth side hate the club with a passion, and thats drilled into the kids. Any wonder when they get to 18s they have no desire to go there.........but unfortunately have no choice. However 2 quality kids I know of are going out of the Nth zone to play State league and many other quality kids are staying local..........why??

Is matt payne nt bound?

Ease up Sweetie.......they will leave if they leave im not naming them. Also glad you mentioned those 2 names, they are 2 that I also heard on the vine.........not sure both are Sandgate bound though......why would they want to play Pinapple Cup, thats a backward move. If there not happy, theres always a few other State league clubs 30 minutes away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spot on BV 30 mins isnt far to travel.. so if players werent happy they would leave.. i think you your statement about "grin and bearing" has just been proven irrelevant.. Ives to sandgate i doubt that very much.. i could see him playing senior football at Aspley this year.

How would the Nth side be stronger Dr.........dont you mean just Aspley will be stronger. My take is if they want juniors from other club to respect the club and want to go there, then things obviously need to start at junior level.............6 junior clubs I know of on the nth side hate the club with a passion, and thats drilled into the kids. Any wonder when they get to 18s they have no desire to go there.........but unfortunately have no choice. However 2 quality kids I know of are going out of the Nth zone to play State league and many other quality kids are staying local..........why??

so its parents that are dictating where their kids play? let the kids make up their own minds

spot on BV 30 mins isnt far to travel.. so if players werent happy they would leave.. i think you your statement about "grin and bearing" has just been proven irrelevant.. Ives to sandgate i doubt that very much.. i could see him playing senior football at Aspley this year.
Big E ease up.........grin and bear if you cant travel elsewhere........some can, some just possibly cant so not sure the statement is totaly irrelevant. Maybe a bit but not totaly....... and dont count those chickens just yet.......have they signed???........umm 2 of them havent and are obviously needing some assurances maybe or a bit of club love. Heard wags dads name being linked to U18 assistant coach at another club.......and I didnt start that rumour, it been going around for weeks

so its parents that are dictating where their kids play? let the kids make up their own minds
Im sure it is a parent dictating to an 8 yr old where he will go, closer the better I say. Over the many years of playing against Aspley in the juniors wonders have never amazed me more of what length a club will go to to win. U12 Div 4or 5 finals game went to the BJs with video proof that a point was awarded to Aspley instead of a goal. U12 kids that couldnt give a hoot 10 minutes after the siren goes.......but clubs that do this stuff is why they are hated as much as they are.
How about the 2 16yr olds from the Nth side playing at Broadbeach this year, im sure the parents were happy with that desicion. ouch imagine the travel to training twice a week

Im sure it is a parent dictating to an 8 yr old where he will go, closer the better I say. Over the many years of playing against Aspley in the juniors wonders have never amazed me more of what length a club will go to to win. U12 Div 4or 5 finals game went to the BJs with video proof that a point was awarded to Aspley instead of a goal. U12 kids that couldnt give a hoot 10 minutes after the siren goes.......but clubs that do this stuff is why they are hated as much as they are.
How about the 2 16yr olds from the Nth side playing at Broadbeach this year, im sure the parents were happy with that desicion. ouch imagine the travel to training twice a week

BV i can remember winning an U13 priemiership (albeit a very long time ago) i can assure you it meant something, i can still remmeber my teamates and are still friends with some. if Aspley won the game they should be awarded the premiership. Cant think of the Nth side kids at broady.? refresh my memory pleaase

BV i can remember winning an U13 priemiership (albeit a very long time ago) i can assure you it meant something, i can still remmeber my teamates and are still friends with some. if Aspley won the game they should be awarded the premiership. Cant think of the Nth side kids at broady.? refresh my memory pleaase

Pretty sure they were Sandgate juniors who had issues with coach or something. Brock Paulke and Luke Glastonbury from memory. One is headed to Mt Gravatt this year and the other havent heard anything. Not exactly a great example Brisvegas, considering you seem Sandgate biased? Maybe next time you are ragging out Aspley might pay to think about which examples of a poor club you use? Idiot.

Pretty sure they were Sandgate juniors who had issues with coach or something. Brock Paulke and Luke Glastonbury from memory. One is headed to Mt Gravatt this year and the other havent heard anything. Not exactly a great example Brisvegas, considering you seem Sandgate biased? Maybe next time you are ragging out Aspley might pay to think about which examples of a poor club you use? Idiot.

My question is why don't they stay there? why move if you like the club? or is it the individual themselves!!!!!! Nothing worse then seeing players just go from club to club!!!!!

Sweetie........not biased at all for Sandgate, they have a soul though and a great example of mate and teamship from what Ive heard. Your obviously a Sandgate boy so you would know first hand then the dicipline issues with there U16 side over the past 2 years. If that was a coach issue then it was probably a good call them leaving. Every other club noticed it, or should I say lack of it. Refrerence to the 2 kids I heard going Sth to play was based on the coment letting kids decide were they want to play, and Im sure the parents were happy about that with the travel. I suppose the parent will be happier now playing a bit closer at Mt Gravatt as you have disclosed.......wonder why he didnt choose a closer club being a Nth Side rep player??? Still an Idiot or has that explained it in a way you understand what I was refering to??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back