AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys,

Looking at possibly playing over in QLD next season. Currently play in A grade ammos in WA and looking for a league that is fairly strong. hoping to play around the gold coast maybe but open to suggestions.

Have a mate who would also be up for a coaching role if one available?

Any info would be good and contacts if possible?

Hi there guys,

Looking at possibly playing over in QLD next season. Currently play in A grade ammos in WA and looking for a league that is fairly strong. hoping to play around the gold coast maybe but open to suggestions.

Have a mate who would also be up for a coaching role if one available?

Any info would be good and contacts if possible?
Mate jump on the AFLQ web site they have all the clubs and all the contacts. 3 good clubs down the Gold Coast........Southport(biggest) Labrador (second) and Broadbeach (third)........not to say thats how they stack up as a preferred club though. Closer to Brisy is Morningside and Mt Gravatt......out a way is Redland towards the Gold Coast. Nth of Brisbane which is by far the best side of town is Aspley Hornets. Get in contact with them all and have an interview with them all and find what fits for you.........they all take there footy serious.
Level Under is Pinapple Cup older players a bit slower but still skillful with good juniors coming through(unless they get poached). Have fun finding a club and welcome to Qld.........Most of the State League Clubs can help find work and coaching roles would probably almost be filled. Except Morningside Ive heard are in a bit of mix at the moment with staff, so maybe something there, but hey ask the question anyway

Mate jump on the AFLQ web site they have all the clubs and all the contacts. 3 good clubs down the Gold Coast........Southport(biggest) Labrador (second) and Broadbeach (third)........not to say thats how they stack up as a preferred club though. Closer to Brisy is Morningside and Mt Gravatt......out a way is Redland towards the Gold Coast. Nth of Brisbane which is by far the best side of town is Aspley Hornets. Get in contact with them all and have an interview with them all and find what fits for you.........they all take there footy serious.
Level Under is Pinapple Cup older players a bit slower but still skillful with good juniors coming through(unless they get poached). Have fun finding a club and welcome to Qld.........Most of the State League Clubs can help find work and coaching roles would probably almost be filled. Except Morningside Ive heard are in a bit of mix at the moment with staff, so maybe something there, but hey ask the question anyway

thanks appreciate it alot...cheers

Chikka,

Morningside have now lost; Watts & Smith Assistant coaches, Gough, Lillilico, Hickey and probably Bell.
Whats going on?

Nothing is going on.

Watts and Smith have accepted assistant coaching positions with Lions reserves.To me this is a step forward as they are now in a AFL culture to a extent.

Hickey has been signed by Gold Coast.Bell may be picked up later this arvo.Gough has retired.

No crisis meeting and some of the new players for 2011 will be automatic senior players.

Lillico trained last wed night,1st night of pre season.

What are you asking?

Nothing is going on.

Watts and Smith have accepted assistant coaching positions with Lions reserves.To me this is a step forward as they are now in a AFL culture to a extent.

Hickey has been signed by Gold Coast.Bell may be picked up later this arvo.Gough has retired.

No crisis meeting and some of the new players for 2011 will be automatic senior players.

What are you asking?

I think they're asking who killed JFK Chikka. With the amount of conspiracy theorists on the forum, you'd think they'd know already though.

On Bell, interesting to see if Qld cracks much of a mention this evening. The phantom draft doesn't mention a solitary banana bender!

Nothing is going on.

What are you asking?

come rnd 10 if morningside are there abouts goughy will come out of retirement.. when is goughy fighting spider??

Nothing is going on.

What are you asking?

A terrific effort and one the club should be proud of:thumbsu:

come rnd 10 if morningside are there abouts goughy will come out of retirement.. when is goughy fighting spider??

Dec 4 I think at the GC convention centre.Its a undercard to a official world championship fight.

Come round 10 and Morningside will be well in contention Big E.Goughy says no but time will tell.

Nothing is going on.

What are you asking?

Great news for Smithy and a very good decision by 'Nutta' to get him involved - a quality person is Smithy and I wish him and Nutta all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news for Smithy and a very good decision by 'Nutta' to get him involved - a quality person is Smithy and I wish him and Nutta all the best.

Will be interesting to see the reaction of these new coaches when they get told by Voss and co to throw finals games come end of next year when the Seniors are out of contention.As we all know this will happen

Grogan top 5 over the last two seasons:

Wise - 30
Carse - 27
Gilliland - 24
C.Illett - 23
Gough - 23

Pretty low votes really over 36 rounds really. I wonder if someone like Johnstone will come along next season and rip the league apart as nobody has been able to do over the last few years...

Any news on new recruits? Seems to be very, very quiet so far but plenty seem to be in the works, just no pen to paper yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back