Preview AFL R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Metricon 6:25pm 21 Mar 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing is that every epidemiologist tells that we are just at the start of the cycle and it will be much worse in a month. Peak in 2-3 months. So what will 1 month delay achieve?
Actually now word is coming through is that it'll just played with no crowds.

Actually now word is coming through is that it'll just played with no crowds.
Makes more sense. If a player is infected, quarantine the team for 2 weeks and cancel the affected team's games, split points. Or cancel the season.

Huge fan of Sam Flanders in his draft year, keen to put him in my SuperCoach side just wondering how’s he tracking ??? didn’t see him in any of the pre season games 🤷‍♂️

Huge fan of Sam Flanders in his draft year, keen to put him in my SuperCoach side just wondering how’s he tracking ??? didn’t see him in any of the pre season games
Few niggles. Club keen to build him up slowly. Not far away from playing some 2s footy but seems a while away from seniors

I could actually live with that. If cancelled games/no spectators games went off next years memberships and parking cost I’d be fine with that.
In relation to round 1 - I booked plane tickets (for 4) months ago and paid extra with Virgin as the Jetstar strike was an issue and also non refundable hotel room.......
$1650 down the gurgler it seems.

In relation to round 1 - I booked plane tickets (for 4) months ago and paid extra with Virgin as the Jetstar strike was an issue and also non refundable hotel room.......

Not an ideal situation for you for sure. You'll just have to turn it into a 2-4 day family holiday without the footy, that just might turn into a positive...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd still go, but the better half isn't as keen. I'm tipping planes might be grounded before then anyway.

if you are going to ban going to games and concerts then planes, schools, bars, clubs, public transport have got to be shut too.
they are just places where illnesses get easily disseminated.

I'm sort of in the same boat. I've booked flights back to Australia in mid May, just for a few days to attend to some personal stuff but I see where all persons arriving in Australia have to self quarantine for 14 days. I can't afford 14 days in a hotel room relying on room service. Theres still 8 wks to go, but it doesn't look good for my trip going ahead.

Is anyone else hoping they delay the season so we can get some injured players back??
Port have Dixon, Lycett who will probably be good to play round 1 but maybe not 100%
They also have Wines who should be back round 4-5 I think.

Maybe a 2 week delay to get Sexton back, Rankine 100%, Hombsch available would suit us. Not too long though.

Port have Dixon, Lycett who will probably be good to play round 1 but maybe not 100%
They also have Wines who should be back round 4-5 I think.

Maybe a 2 week delay to get Sexton back, Rankine 100%, Hombsch available would suit us. Not too long though.
Surely the fixture changes if the season is delayed.

I feel your pain, in November last year I booked flights and accommodation for my mrs and I to fly up for Round 1 next weekend now we don’t know what to do. Very frustrating. Will probably have to watch it at a sports bar up there. Is anyone else planning to watch it at a sports bar up there? Where is good?

I feel your pain, in November last year I booked flights and accommodation for my mrs and I to fly up for Round 1 next weekend now we don’t know what to do. Very frustrating. Will probably have to watch it at a sports bar up there. Is anyone else planning to watch it at a sports bar up there? Where is good?
Yeah not great. The only issue could be a shutdown of all air travel whilst we're up there. It's a long way to walk back.

I would suggest The Sporting Globe in Robina but it's probably not close to your accommodation.

Thanks for the suggestion, we are staying in Surfers so not too far. Will they definitely be playing the Suns game?
Can't guarantee that as it only opened late last year. They have 20+ screens throughout the bar (plus screens within booths where you choose the channel) so I'm sure it'll be on somewhere but whether it will be on the big screen is anyone's guess.

Do we all believe round one will actually happen? Or with the constant changing information a good chance to be cancelled all together?
Being that it’s going to peak in another month or two it makes sense to try rush a few rounds through quickly before the season stops completely around late April- June ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back