Preview AFL R1 vs Port Adelaide @ Metricon 6:25pm 21 Mar 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright I’ll bite.
Are you saying they’re not best 22 now due to their size, youth? Or are you saying don’t get attached to them because they won’t be first 22 footballers in years to come?

Yes, I am saying that.

Size and youth is obviously a factor, but knowing we are still missing Harbs, Izzy, Power and Sexton who I think are best 22, if you had to ask me who from the weekend are future depth players:
  • Fiorini
  • Graham
  • Lukosius
  • Weller
  • Macpherson
  • Day
  • Holman
  • Brodie
  • Joyce
  • Lemmens
If the club was to upgrade any of these - I would be happy.

We have some players who played on the weekend who posters rate as the next Patracca or Mcgovern (just because I watched Eagles/Dees yesterday) - but I think are more closely aligned to Danny Stanely.

Honestly, I think its too early to make calls on Budarick, Bowes, Noah, King, Ainsworth or Rowell either - but let's give them a year in the system.

Yes, I am saying that.

Size and youth is obviously a factor, but knowing we are still missing Harbs, Izzy, Power and Sexton who I think are best 22, if you had to ask me who from the weekend are future depth players:
  • Fiorini
  • Graham
  • Lukosius
  • Weller
  • Macpherson
  • Day
  • Holman
  • Brodie
  • Joyce
  • Lemmens

We have some players who played on the weekend who posters rate as the next Patracca or Mcgovern (just because I watched Eagles/Dees yesterday) - but I think are more closely aligned to Danny Stanely.

Honestly, I think its too early to make calls on Budarick, Bowes, Noah, King, Ainsworth or Rowell either - but let's give them a year in the system.
I'm sorry
We welcome every stray and hobo on this board with open arms
But if you seriously believe that list is made up of depth players you have no idea about our Club
Unless by depth you mean players selected 6-14 every week
I will say I'm yet to be convinced about the star power of Jack Lukosius but I'm leaving judgement for a couple of years
The kid's 19
My issue with him is I'm not completely sure what the Club is hoping he'll develop into?
A replacement for Hombsch?:think:

Yes, I am saying that.

• Fiorini
  • Graham
  • Lukosius
  • Weller
  • Macpherson
  • Day
  • Holman
  • Brodie
  • Joyce
  • Lemmens

Man, Danny Stanley had a golden run there before his last injury.. that guy would be really frustrated the injury gods didn't smile on him, he would know that he could have been a star...
Sounds stupid I know but when he was up and about he was a damn good player!

No chance to atone for this any time soon now. Going to sit in their guts for a bit.
That’s assuming they care, we have been getting flogged ( and let’s be clear Port flogged us) for a decade and I am yet to see the burning in the gut from the playing group that we all feel As supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back