Game Day AFL R14 West Coast Eagles vs Richmond Tigers @ Metricon 5.10 pm AWST Thursday 27th of August 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hung around didn't take some chances which would've tightened it up, lot of dead wood, Reid, Ah Chee, Brander spring to mind. Shuey and Kelly can't carry the whole load in the middle, need Yeo and Redden and Allen back to beat these blokes.

Our depth is certainly being tested atm.

Doesn’t help that Redden, Yeo and Nelson bring some mongrel and physicality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annoyed to lose, but not too concerned. If we play like that vs the rest of the hub sides and get some stars back in the process we'll finish 4th, no worries.
I actually didn’t mind the game. With key personnel missing, the boys stayed in it. Losing a key player early sucks. Would have helped if we had Oscar or waterman were in.

Settle down boys. It's a fairly solid game off a 4-day break against another in-form team. The sky isn't falling. Certainly some things we can do better but that was far and away better than anything we did during our first stint in Queensland.

I think we would have lost to more than just Richmond tonight. Fremantle probably would have done us over given their form and our outs.

Hopefully Geelong and someone else can knock Richmond off before the finals.

I actually didn’t mind the game. With key personnel missing, the boys stayed in it. Losing a key player early sucks. Would have helped if we had Oscar or waterman were in.
With the outs i didnt expect a win. We didnt give anything away and we have a measure for future selections and development.

1980———————2017

If I lived through that I’d probably have my head up my arse at a bit of success too.
I did live through it. Extremely painful. Hopeless times mixed with the heights of mediocrity. Most weekends were spent enjoying other games in the round. It's no fun and because it went on so long it makes you really aware of how passionate you are for the club because you follow them through the depths and feel all of it. These days are utterly euphoric because of the enormity of the wasteland journey.

About tonights game, Nic Nat did some unstoppable things and Ryan looks so dangerous. No matter who won this game neither side can be counted out come finals.

46 marks for the night says it all. The tigers + slippery conditions didn't allow us to get our game going .

Well done to the tigers better team on the night

I think we would have lost to more than just Richmond tonight. Fremantle probably would have done us over given their form and our outs.

Turn it up. We were great until halfway through the 3rd when we just couldnt sustain it anymore. Also doesnt help that every time we kicked a goal they kicked out out of their backsides.

As long as we got petrol in the tank we'll do the Dons on Tuesday.

Effort was good at the start, faded in the last, but I feel it was mostly a matter of the Tigers playing really well, being accurate, having things go their way, JK out early, Gov and Barrass having stinkers, maybe the 4 day break and adjusting to the hub again, being outcoached. Oh well, we were beaten by a better team, learn from it and move on.

Tactics on Naitanui was the big one. Given our midfield outs we couldn’t get the drive from the centre.

Should we come across Richmond again I’m confident that can be rectified. Had we dominate stoppages against them like we have for the last two months we’d have monstered them.

We held our own. As someone else mentioned, Richmond beat us by 4 goals kicking 14.4. We weren't perfect tonight, far from it, but on another night that might be 10.8 or 11.7. I'll take tonight's performance over any of our games between rounds 2-6.

Let Richmond get ahead of themselves , set em up for a fall later on .....may not be us , need Yeo back but wait and see .
Feels like the players and fans in particular were really gearing up for this game big time. The way some of their fans have already reacted on this board says a lot. They couldn’t have had more go their way and they’re all carrying on like they’ve won the flag, the players too. I’d back us in to respond and smoke them if we got the advantages back to somewhere around 50/50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was found out tonight but has talent needs more strength , big pre season to build up ... we've trained him to play wing needs more muscle to play Forward role ideally .

just absolutely shits himself when he gets the ball you can see the pee dribbling down his leg, has no confidence in himself at all

I did live through it. Extremely painful. Hopeless times mixed with the heights of mediocrity. Most weekends were spent enjoying other games in the round. It's no fun and because it went on so long it makes you really aware of how passionate you are for the club because you follow them through the depths and feel all of it. These days are utterly euphoric because of the enormity of the wasteland journey.

About tonights game, Nic Nat did some unstoppable things and Ryan looks so dangerous. No matter who won this game neither side can be counted out come finals.

Congratulations on the win, was a fierce game. Maybe we will see you in the finals for a rematch and don’t worry about my snipe, that’s just to put your toss pot supporters in line who come over here to gloat. Either too young to know or too ignorant to remember.

Enjoy the times your club is up because is can change in an instant. No need to be a w***er about it.

Enjoy the win mate, well deserved.

just absolutely shits himself when he gets the ball you can see the pee dribbling down his leg, has no confidence in himself at all
Hes not the only one. Sheed and Gaff do it all the time. They should both have composure by this stage in their careers.

Tactics on Naitanui was the big one. Given our midfield outs we couldn’t get the drive from the centre.

Should we come across Richmond again I’m confident that can be rectified. Had we dominate stoppages against them like we have for the last two months we’d have monstered them.

Outcoached here, Cotchin and Bolton allowed to win way too many easy clearances. Hutchings was poor defensively. We missed Yeo and Redden badly in the stoppage work :/

We just cant play nights, slippery conditions, humidity or rain. Need a nice sunny afternoon game for us to be at our best.
Got Essendon at 18:10 at the Gabba, Dogs at 16:10 at Metricon, Saints at 17:10 at the Gabba. Unless we're near full strength we'll struggle to win one of them

Turn it up. We were great until halfway through the 3rd when we just couldnt sustain it anymore. Also doesnt help that every time we kicked a goal they kicked out out of their backsides.

As long as we got petrol in the tank we'll do the Dons on Tuesday.
Totally agree, the game was still up for grabs at the start of the final qtr.

Do you think McGovern was out of fuel? At the end of the Giants game he looked completely buggered.

We were down 4 or 5 starting players , we played pretty crap the umps gave them the rub but we were right in it .

Our depth is certainly being tested atm.

Doesn’t help that Redden, Yeo and Nelson bring some mongrel and physicality.

Yeah no grunt around the footy bar Shuey and Nic. I cringe when I see Gaff do a dinky little chip and snap forward 20m when he's under pressure. He should be left out on his wing.

To be honest, I actually expected a far worse result.

The fixture was always running against getting a positive result in this match, and the squad tonight is without question the weakest the club has fielded this season - which then proceeded to lose Kennedy barely halfway into the first quarter.

At the very least we now have confirmation of who the passengers are when the pressure comes along.

The team actually competed and setup very well - the quality of the respective bottom 6s from each team was the difference in the end, in addition to some clinical finishing.

The defence spilt easy marks all night in a manner that was out of character, which were the source of the majority of Richmond's goals.

The forwards were not accountable and allowed their markers to zone off and intercept far too easily.

The midfield lacked support and fatigued noticeably towards the end, which provided Richmond with multiple clearances off the front of the stoppage, leading to quick forward entries where the Eagles defenders had no opportunity to zone off.

The losses of Allen and Nelson impact the squad far more than most would believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back