Game Day AFL R14 West Coast Eagles vs Richmond Tigers @ Metricon 5.10 pm AWST Thursday 27th of August 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Furthermore, if anyone can explain the current interpretations for holding the ball, incorrect disposal, high contact and holding the man then I would like to know.

All four seem to be all over the place (for both teams) at the moment.

The current post-Clarko-rant situation we have now where players just drop to the ground and let go of the ball reminiscent of a rugby union ruck infuriates me. Surely the players in question are being tackled without a correct disposal being undertaken - it should be a free kick.

Furthermore, if anyone can explain the current interpretations for holding the ball, incorrect disposal, high contact and holding the man then I would like to know.

All four seem to be all over the place (for both teams) at the moment.

The current post-Clarko-rant situation we have now where players just drop to the ground and let go of the ball reminiscent of a rugby union ruck infuriates me. Surely the players in question are being tackled without a correct disposal being undertaken - it should be a free kick.
It was funny watching the game on mute, with no whistles to go off, just the very delayed player reactions.

Plenty of "ooh that should be ball" just allowed to play on, and a few "so we'll have a ball up...oh no...he's paid it..."

Also unsure of how long before they're meant to blow it dead for a ball up, so many today where the game, viewing experience and every player on the field would have been better served by a whistle and a ball up.

Tigers played us like a fiddle for large periods. Absolutely killed our ability to get the ball safely out of the back line and drowned us under the pressure. Very similar to how Port takes us down.

A couple of very soft free kicks in front for them early unsettled the backs a bit but we gave up way too many soft goals through loss of structure.

A tough row to hoe from here to put ourselves in a spot to show we learned anything from tonight.

Strongside

Senior List
Aug 23, 2020
Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals, Sooners
A little sunshine pumping here...I reasoned an Eagle win...Not having to account for JK allowing Richmond to deploy defensive assets elsewhere was critical...I expected a more closely balanced umpiring effort considering Richmond's exploits of late...I expected wrongly...no excuse though...adjustments to such things must be made and WC did a bit...more so the youngsters and borderliners were not carried by the front line boys which put us behind the 8 ball against a quality side like the Tigers...I still think WC is slightly better in close to full strength and form than Richmond...hope to see them again in the finals...btw...I know a lot of wear has been run on the ground at Metricon...but couldn't they account for that and up the grounds keeping and have a plan?...it's dreadful.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
So I’m at work and as a result only got to listen to the second half of the game on ABC, I have seen no vision at all.

Sounds like Richmond missed one shot off the boot for the entire night and we squandered our chances up forward. Given how decimated we were up forward, that isn’t surprising.

We had blokes in their 10th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st game take the field tonight, and we took it right up to the Premiers on a 4 day break. It sounds like our inaccuracy and Richmond’s professionalism was the difference.

Can’t be too upset about that result, if you ask me.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
A little sunshine pumping here...I reasoned an Eagle win...Not having to account for JK allowing Richmond to deploy defensive assets elsewhere was critical...I expected a more closely balanced umpiring effort considering Richmond's exploits of late...I expected wrongly...no excuse though...adjustments to such things must be made and WC did a bit...more so the youngsters and borderliners were not carried by the front line boys which put us behind the 8 ball against a quality side like the Tigers...I still think WC is slightly better in close to full strength and form than Richmond...hope to see them again in the finals...btw...I know a lot of wear has been run on the ground at Metricon...but couldn't they account for that and up the grounds keeping and have a plan?...it's dreadful.
Seriously...what is with all the ellipsis...?

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We missed Yeo and Redden, they provide something that Shuey, Kelly, Gaff and Sheed dont provide being some mongrel and toughness around the contest

Back