Status
Not open for further replies.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How do you guys play in wet weather?

There's a 70% chance of rain forecasted for Saturday night at Metricon.

There’s a scratch match on Saturday between the two clubs.

Assuming Allen for Hickey is the only change, the following players should be available for us:
Watson, Edwards, Cole (if his thumb has healed)
Johnson, Schofield, Rotham
Treacy, Ainsworth, Foley
Jones, Vardy, Reid
Williams, Waterman, Jamieson
Hickey, Brayshaw, XON

Boy that midfield seems light on

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
There’s a scratch match on Saturday between the two clubs.

Assuming Allen for Hickey is the only change, the following players should be available for us:
Watson, Edwards, Cole (if his thumb has healed)
Johnson, Schofield, Rotham
Treacy, Ainsworth, Foley
Jones, Vardy, Reid
Williams, Waterman, Jamieson
Hickey, Brayshaw, XON

Boy that midfield seems light on
KPP is stacked though, some depth at HB and HF too. We know where to focus our efforts in upcoming drafts and trades. Fortunately there are always plenty of depth midfielders available, gun mids - not so much. Makes the Kelly trade all the more important.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We did win that slog against Hawthorn at the MCG last year. Hopefully Kelly helps us too, with a bit more inside grunt.

Yet lost to Brisbane convincingly in the dewy conditions and stopped in our tracks against Tigers when the rain came.

I think we are getting better at playing in the rain, but I'd stop short of saying it suits us. I don't think GC are the sort of side who will bully us in the wet though, so it doesn't concern me in this case. It's a good practice run for Lions.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yet lost to Brisbane convincingly in the dewy conditions and stopped in our tracks against Tigers when the rain came.

I think we are getting better at playing in the rain, but I'd stop short of saying it suits us. I don't think GC are the sort of side who will bully us in the wet though, so it doesn't concern me in this case. It's a good practice run for Lions.
I don't put much stock in that Brisbane game, we had a lot of underdone players who couldn't handle the conditions (some said in the media afterwards that they were throwing up a 3/4 time). Brisbane had also been talking during pre-season about how they were really gearing up to beat the reigning premier in rnd 1, so they definitely jumped us.

Richmond is a good reminder. We were unbeatable until that rain came down. A real sliding doors moment - win and we finish 4th, Richmond 5th. Makes me so angry just thinking about it!

Fatty rules

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2008
Brussels
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't put much stock in that Brisbane game, we had a lot of underdone players who couldn't handle the conditions (some said in the media afterwards that they were throwing up a 3/4 time). Brisbane had also been talking during pre-season about how they were really gearing up to beat the reigning premier in rnd 1, so they definitely jumped us.

Richmond is a good reminder. We were unbeatable until that rain came down. A real sliding doors moment - win and we finish 4th, Richmond 5th. Makes me so angry just thinking about it!
I was at the Richmond game, don't get to many games so it was going to be a treat. We jumped them ok but of course they came back. The rain was a factor, but the moment things started to go downhill was when we lost Hutch to an injury.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd say it's traditional, but (to use a cliche) we're in unprecedented times.

Haggers did his scheduled run on "JK is injured" this morning. Normalcy is resuming.
Jaggers has been prefect on our injuries quite often in the last few years. What did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back