Review AFL R3 vs Adelaide @Metricon 1:05pm Sunday 21st June

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Bowes is a genuine star. Stuck playing in the backline and has just adapted into a rebounding and intercepting beast. So clean with ball in hand and makes the best choice 99 times out of 100
Solid as a rock.

Jack Bowes is a genuine star. Stuck playing in the backline and has just adapted into a rebounding and intercepting beast. So clean with ball in hand and makes the best choice 99 times out of 100
You could play Bowes anywhere (except ruck) and he would excel. He's just that good.

Brad Crouch just thinking 'I could have been a part of this'

Pick 2 for Weller and Ballard= Bargain!!
We under paid!!!

Similar vein,Anderson is riding his mates coat tails at the moment
I mean to be fair to Anderson it's his third game... It's just Rowelly Is a ginger demigod.

Notes from the game:
How good!!!?

Took the foot off in the last, Should have applied it to throat but let's call it saving it for Freo.

I should have stopped at 4 scotchs, Ended up on six

The walk back to Nerang station from the ground was fun. Probs should have ubered in hindsight.

Hopefully make it home by tomorrow.

You’ve been absolutely robbed by the umps. The tackling effort constantly unrewarded, frees missed like the talia non 50 just for the crows to get dozens of frees just for showing up to the park
Glad someone else, especially a neutral noticed this. Such a lopsided free kick count considering how dominant we were. It was like the umpires were trying to keep Adelaide competitive. Some very soft frees given to them.

I have always said that I would go to our first ever Final both mens and womens.

Sadly because of COVID, I wasn't able to go to our first AFLW final in Fremantle and if we make the Finals this year, I do hope COVID doesn't put a halt to me attending a historical events such as our first ever final.

Great day
Can't remember feeling that good since Bowesy snapped the winner from the goal square
Well I'm glad the selectors didn't listen to me re Darcy Mac, but Nick Holman didn't impress-did a couple of nice things but hard to argue he's ahead of Brayden Fiorini
Similar vein,Anderson is riding his mates coat tails at the moment
Not sure he'd be playing if we had a NEAFL comp
Sam Day had a down day.
Overall our mids were excellent
Still looking for that forward line spark that hopefully Rankine will bring
Will be interesting to see what happens with selection this week
Andersons work rate is still absolutely top notch. Keep playing him, he might not of found the ball as easy tonight but he was still running up and down the wing all day. Deserves to be rewarded for his work rate alone.

Glad someone else, especially a neutral noticed this. Such a lopsided free kick count considering how dominant we were. It was like the umpires were trying to keep Adelaide competitive. Some very soft frees given to them.

as I’ve pointed out on the main board the crows have always enjoyed favourable umpiring but it was hidden because they were winning. First to the ball and all that was the explanation. Eleni isn’t a crows supporter but was brought up through the sanfl, which inside is pretty much a crows wankfest celebration where bitter old men discuss how rotten port are. She shouldn’t be allowed to ref their games after that display.

Andersons work rate is still absolutely top notch. Keep playing him, he might not of found the ball as easy tonight but he was still running up and down the wing all day. Deserves to be rewarded for his work rate alone.
Sure
But some of the young guys looked pretty tanked in the last half
Good opportunity to manage one or 2 next week and give some of the door knockers a game before hitting Geelong at home

as I’ve pointed out on the main board the crows have always enjoyed favourable umpiring but it was hidden because they were winning. First to the ball and all that was the explanation. Eleni isn’t a crows supporter but was brought up through the sanfl, which inside is pretty much a crows wankfest celebration where bitter old men discuss how rotten port are. She shouldn’t be allowed to ref their games after that display.
The Touk decision +50 was just Mr Baldy at his finest
Miller's on his back
What's he supposed to do?
Just hand the ball to the Crows player?
The free against Ben King for attempting to mark by Eleni?
Well that's just a decision from someone who's never played the game and is applying unknown rules

She’s a below ordinary umpire at the best of times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She’s a below ordinary umpire at the best of times.
No doubt she and Nicholls are often hidden away up here
If they were umpiring Collingwood v Richmond at the MCG there'd be riots in the streets
I understand the philosophy and totally support the push for female officials but you just wonder if AFL first grade is the place for affirmative action
Maybe it is-but it seems a few clubs are shouldering the work experience kid burden disproportionately
I actually think Eleni tries really hard-and I've really wanted her to succeed-unlike Nicholls who is just bad, problem is I don't see any big improvement in either of them over the past couple of seasons

In Rankine Our Sexton ?
I'd do out Holman, probably. Had a couple of games now without a great deal of influence (and I love our junkyard dog, but he needs to do more than straight out defence).

It's strange how quick the opinion can fall on Sexton though. He couldn't miss last year, this year really struggling to impact. Have defenders figured him out? It's to the point he just looks for frees and often loses his feet.

I wasn't at the game but I would have liked to see Ellis live. Looked like he did a power of running to get to a lot of places. Looks like a classic defensive winger.
Yeah
Held his shape beautifully on his wing
If it was Richmond, Martin/Cotchin would have switched to him on at least 2 or 3 occasions
Saw a couple think about it but went down the line instead
If we're improving as fast was it appears he'll get busy as our confidence to use him increases

Yeah
Held his shape beautifully on his wing
If it was Richmond, Martin/Cotchin would have switched to him on at least 2 or 3 occasions
Saw a couple think about it but went down the line instead
If we're improving as fast was it appears he'll get busy as our confidence to use him increases
We aren't a team that switches a lot. Will be interesting to see how that develops over time. We seem more keen to try and take it through the middle than switch it completely to the far side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back