Review AFL R3 vs Adelaide @Metricon 1:05pm Sunday 21st June

Remove this Banner Ad

The disappointing thing is that it was looking like fans were going to be allowed to attend round 5 geelong game but now it’s highly unlikely until August/September they’re saying
Yeah I doubt we’ll be attending any games down here soon, or other states even allowing us in!

Nice win on the weekend, great to see some things finally coming together for the Suns.

Have to back it up with some more consistent efforts over the next few weeks now.
That is our challenge and I think the boys are ready for it! with a young side, we will no doubt experience our ups and downs but we need to ride this wave of momentum whilst we've got it!

How good was it to have a suns Majority crowd - must have pumped the boys up
genuinely reckon that played a big part, i don't think anyone at the suns would ever admit that they rarely outnumber opposition supporters at home games, but you could actually hear the passion from the crowd for the whole game!

so stoked to be able to go to the game, was such a great performance! i feel like we always see glimpses of this sort of footy at some point over the past few years, but never to the intensity that they showed yesterday! one thing that has stood out to me the last two weeks is any time the opposition have the ball (not on the mark), our pressure is almost second to none and we have at least one bloke hounding them within a couple seconds.

i'm sure you've all noticed it too, but if you're rewatching the last two games again, focus on that, it's a thing of beauty hahah.

genuinely reckon that played a big part, i don't think anyone at the suns would ever admit that they rarely outnumber opposition supporters at home games, but you could actually hear the passion from the crowd for the whole game!
You could hear it over the telecast. Definitely quite loud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people jumped back to their original teams due to lack of success and plenty of “new” and “casual” fans disinterested for the same reason

A lot of people jumped back to their original teams due to lack of success and plenty of “new” and “casual” fans disinterested for the same reason
Exactly this, I got dragged along when I first moved up in the first year by friends that decided to latch onto the Suns pretty hardcore.

Of the three of us, The other two have gone back to thier respective original teams and me... Well I'm here keeping you lot sort of in line (Not that I really had an original team to go back to even if I wanted to)

Sidenote: Someone is getting a friendly revving when we pants Freo this week.

---edit---
Speaking of the crowd noise, I really was surprised to hear how well it came over the fox footy feed. Did well for only 2k

I am kind of sad that my heckling of the Adelaide kick ins in the first quarter didn't get picked up, it wasn't particularly clever but thought it had some distinct volume.

I need to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

Exactly this, I got dragged along when I first moved up in the first year by friends that decided to latch onto the Suns pretty hardcore.

Of the three of us, The other two have gone back to thier respective original teams and me... Well I'm here keeping you lot sort of in line (Not that I really had an original team to go back to even if I wanted to)

Sidenote: Someone is getting a friendly revving when we pants Freo this week.

---edit---
Speaking of the crowd noise, I really was surprised to hear how well it came over the fox footy feed. Did well for only 2k

I am kind of sad that my heckling of the Adelaide kick ins in the first quarter didn't get picked up, it wasn't particularly clever but thought it had some distinct volume.

I need to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

Some of those home games early days had a really good atmosphere especially in 2013/14 as the team started to rise..

I know people who won’t go anymore because of getting to and from the stadium or parking ect..

Some of those home games early days had a really good atmosphere especially in 2013/14 as the team started to rise..

I know people who won’t go anymore because of getting to and from the stadium or parking ect..
Yeh theyneed to do something about transport and parking for the upcoming upswing in support

Good stuff by the Suns.

Really look like a football team. You long suffering supporters should be grinning from ear to ear

When that Rankine kid gets up and going, your team is going to be even scarier

Be afraid the rest of the comp. Be very afraid

Great for footy in Qld. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Good stuff buy the Suns.

Really look like a football team. You long suffering supporters should be grinning from ear to ear

When that Rankine kid gets up and going, your team is going to be even scarier

Be afraid the rest of the comp. Be very afraid

Great for footy in Qld. :thumbsu:
Great times to be a footy fan in Queensland.

Looking forward to Faganism vs Dewdism in the coming weeks.

All we ask is for a Nice close game, no injuries and 3 Votes M Rowell before we go back to beating up on those foreign devils.

Fair?

What do you think are the reasons behind our shockingly low interchanges made against Crows - 32/90?

What do you think are the reasons behind our shockingly low interchanges made against Crows - 32/90?
Could it have something to do with the new interchange bloke? Due to the restrictions on staff, the old bloke is still on leave it seemed
4DDED3C0-F034-44C4-9976-E9D4D05C4473.jpeg

He was definitely there on Sunday.

He came over and waved up at the section of fans that was in the upper deck behind the goals.

I believe from memory that his names Barry but could be wrong - Might be filling a different role than interchange steward because of the pandemic 🤷‍♂️

I'd say it's not accurate and a misreport or something along the lines. According to the numbers we had ZERO interchanges in the second quarter, when in fact we know that there was at least a few. Hell, Sam Day came off with a bit to go in the second quarter, remember.

So yeah, wouldn't put too much stock into that number. Just an error.

Could it have something to do with the new interchange bloke? Due to the restrictions on staff, the old bloke is still on leave it seemed
View attachment 897824
Not knocking the old fella but sat behind the interchange most games used to drive me nuts as no one seemed to have a clue who was coming on or off, and on multiple occasions found 5 on the bench and someone had to bolt out onto the field.

always felt a bit 2nd rate when collingwoods Bloke is there with an IPad and headset to know exactly who was coming on or off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back